eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   account suspended/ what to submit? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/93520-account-suspended-what-submit.html)

mthoma 01-31-2016 04:08 PM

account suspended/ what to submit?

EBay suspended my account for selling 3 xbox bundles. I sent in everything they wanted to appeal. After the appeal they sent me a smiliar email asking for the last two items again which were:

Hello pinwilbry,

We received your appeal for your eBay account and appreciate you taking the time to gather the required documentation. Unfortunately, after reviewing the submitted documentation we will need more information to verify your account. I understand if this process has been inconvenient for you and we want to continue processing your appeal as quickly as possible. In order for us to complete the review of your account, we ask that you please provide some additional information. I have outlined the requirements below:

- Documentation for the gift card used to purchase your merchandise with an explanation of who sent it to you.

- Explanation for why you sold an Xbox bundle at a significant loss, with no reserve pricing

I told them someone sent me a giftcard for my birthday and I used the giftcard to buy them, i even supplied to amazon giftcard email

- for the second explanation I told them since I didnt pay for the giftcard the xbox's were all profit so It didnt matter if they sold for a loss. ( the xbox's sold for 430, retail is 499) so this is far from a significant loss...

Any idea on what I should say/submit since they sent me the same email again?

chicagoIL 01-31-2016 04:34 PM

Re: account suspended/ what to submit?

I would give them all the documentation they want with any info on who gave the gift card to you. The amazon receipt is good too. Most people don't get a $500 gift card for their birthday so you should explain that it's a spouse, etc. or someone who would really give you a $500 gift and why. Say it was a special birthday, something to explain the amount.

Explanation on why you sold the xbox bundle for a lower price, I would tell them that you have no use for the xbox and that you got it and then changed your mind. You couldn't return it so you thought you would sell it on ebay. You didn't know it was not advisable to sell something for less than market value. You're not familiar with that market and didn't know that was a super low price. Then point out again it was only $60 less and that seemed fair to you. You weren't concerned with getting full price for it. You only wanted to get a fair price for it since you do not normally sell electronics or game systems, etc. (do you?)

Tell them that you do not want to sell any electronics or game systems in the future if it means you will lose your account. You only did it this time because you had it to to sell and that you will steer clear of that category if allowed to reinstate your account. You have to really come on strong with the 'I'm sorry' attitude. They know they hold all the cards so you have to make it believable and sincere.

They aren't saying 'no' yet so keep attempting.

Mitsu 01-31-2016 05:05 PM

Did you sell them under an Auction or Buy it Now? You could explain that you expected them to go very close to retail price with an auction, and it's unfortunate that they didn't.

incniu 01-31-2016 05:25 PM

BUY IT NOW?

not auction, right?

ebay is learning from past lessons.

mthoma 01-31-2016 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mitsu (Post 743421)
Did you sell them under an Auction or Buy it Now? You could explain that you expected them to go very close to retail price with an auction, and it's unfortunate that they didn't.

It was a regular auction not BIN.

mthoma 01-31-2016 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chicagoIL (Post 743414)
I would give them all the documentation they want with any info on who gave the gift card to you. The amazon receipt is good too. Most people don't get a $500 gift card for their birthday so you should explain that it's a spouse, etc. or someone who would really give you a $500 gift and why. Say it was a special birthday, something to explain the amount.

Explanation on why you sold the xbox bundle for a lower price, I would tell them that you have no use for the xbox and that you got it and then changed your mind. You couldn't return it so you thought you would sell it on ebay. You didn't know it was not advisable to sell something for less than market value. You're not familiar with that market and didn't know that was a super low price. Then point out again it was only $60 less and that seemed fair to you. You weren't concerned with getting full price for it. You only wanted to get a fair price for it since you do not normally sell electronics or game systems, etc. (do you?)

Tell them that you do not want to sell any electronics or game systems in the future if it means you will lose your account. You only did it this time because you had it to to sell and that you will steer clear of that category if allowed to reinstate your account. You have to really come on strong with the 'I'm sorry' attitude. They know they hold all the cards so you have to make it believable and sincere.

They aren't saying 'no' yet so keep attempting.

Thanks for thorough reply I am going to go your route with the sorry approach.

rsot 01-31-2016 07:24 PM

Were the Xboxes your first sales on the account OP? Just to clarify.

yankee 01-31-2016 07:40 PM

How old is the account? Does the paypal have tax info on it?

chicagoIL 01-31-2016 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mthoma (Post 743439)
Thanks for thorough reply I am going to go your route with the sorry approach.

I hope it works. You can usually get further by being nice. Don't forget, you can always ask to speak to a supervisor. You can always call back again.

good luck, please update

mthoma 02-02-2016 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chicagoIL (Post 743472)
I hope it works. You can usually get further by being nice. Don't forget, you can always ask to speak to a supervisor. You can always call back again.

good luck, please update

Thank you! This worked like a charm. Did exactly wgat you said and they surprisingly reopened it. I appeared very remorseful in appeal.

kingdomcome84 02-13-2016 08:27 AM

i'm happy for you. is this your real or stealth account?
learn to nurture you real account like a baby if it is. Some stealth seller here would pay hard heavy cash to get there real accounts back

golferman 02-17-2016 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mthoma (Post 743406)
EBay suspended my account for selling 3 xbox bundles. I sent in everything they wanted to appeal. After the appeal they sent me a smiliar email asking for the last two items again which were:

Hello pinwilbry,

We received your appeal for your eBay account and appreciate you taking the time to gather the required documentation. Unfortunately, after reviewing the submitted documentation we will need more information to verify your account. I understand if this process has been inconvenient for you and we want to continue processing your appeal as quickly as possible. In order for us to complete the review of your account, we ask that you please provide some additional information. I have outlined the requirements below:

- Documentation for the gift card used to purchase your merchandise with an explanation of who sent it to you.

- Explanation for why you sold an Xbox bundle at a significant loss, with no reserve pricing

I told them someone sent me a giftcard for my birthday and I used the giftcard to buy them, i even supplied to amazon giftcard email

- for the second explanation I told them since I didnt pay for the giftcard the xbox's were all profit so It didnt matter if they sold for a loss. ( the xbox's sold for 430, retail is 499) so this is far from a significant loss...

Any idea on what I should say/submit since they sent me the same email again?

Show them multiple xbox bundles that were sold with BIN less then retail on their own site"Ebay" and also make sure to note how the sellers still have good selling practices and feedback.

Throw it back on Ebay lol That will show them. They will have nothing to say then. That will shove the why you are selling below retail out of the window

lilgermangirl 03-02-2016 03:03 PM

they are really being funny, what does eBay care whether you make a loss or not? That happens all the time! Unless they are trying to see if you are selling counterfeit or stolen goods I guess lol