account suspended/ what to submit? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe
     

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!


Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 01-31-2016
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 92%
iTrader: (1)
Default account suspended/ what to submit?

EBay suspended my account for selling 3 xbox bundles. I sent in everything they wanted to appeal. After the appeal they sent me a smiliar email asking for the last two items again which were:

Hello pinwilbry,

We received your appeal for your eBay account and appreciate you taking the time to gather the required documentation. Unfortunately, after reviewing the submitted documentation we will need more information to verify your account. I understand if this process has been inconvenient for you and we want to continue processing your appeal as quickly as possible. In order for us to complete the review of your account, we ask that you please provide some additional information. I have outlined the requirements below:

- Documentation for the gift card used to purchase your merchandise with an explanation of who sent it to you.

- Explanation for why you sold an Xbox bundle at a significant loss, with no reserve pricing

I told them someone sent me a giftcard for my birthday and I used the giftcard to buy them, i even supplied to amazon giftcard email

- for the second explanation I told them since I didnt pay for the giftcard the xbox's were all profit so It didnt matter if they sold for a loss. ( the xbox's sold for 430, retail is 499) so this is far from a significant loss...

Any idea on what I should say/submit since they sent me the same email again?
Reply With Quote
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

  #2  
Old 01-31-2016
chicagoIL's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 323
Thanks: 122
Thanked 53 Times in 45 Posts
Activity: 6%
Longevity: 41%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: account suspended/ what to submit?

I would give them all the documentation they want with any info on who gave the gift card to you. The amazon receipt is good too. Most people don't get a $500 gift card for their birthday so you should explain that it's a spouse, etc. or someone who would really give you a $500 gift and why. Say it was a special birthday, something to explain the amount.

Explanation on why you sold the xbox bundle for a lower price, I would tell them that you have no use for the xbox and that you got it and then changed your mind. You couldn't return it so you thought you would sell it on ebay. You didn't know it was not advisable to sell something for less than market value. You're not familiar with that market and didn't know that was a super low price. Then point out again it was only $60 less and that seemed fair to you. You weren't concerned with getting full price for it. You only wanted to get a fair price for it since you do not normally sell electronics or game systems, etc. (do you?)

Tell them that you do not want to sell any electronics or game systems in the future if it means you will lose your account. You only did it this time because you had it to to sell and that you will steer clear of that category if allowed to reinstate your account. You have to really come on strong with the 'I'm sorry' attitude. They know they hold all the cards so you have to make it believable and sincere.

They aren't saying 'no' yet so keep attempting.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-31-2016
Mitsu's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 284
Thanks: 59
Thanked 70 Times in 55 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 64%
iTrader: (2)
Default Re: account suspended/ what to submit?

Did you sell them under an Auction or Buy it Now? You could explain that you expected them to go very close to retail price with an auction, and it's unfortunate that they didn't.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-31-2016
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 750
Thanks: 3
Thanked 18 Times in 15 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 80%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: account suspended/ what to submit?

BUY IT NOW?

not auction, right?

ebay is learning from past lessons.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-31-2016
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 92%
iTrader: (1)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsu View Post
Did you sell them under an Auction or Buy it Now? You could explain that you expected them to go very close to retail price with an auction, and it's unfortunate that they didn't.
It was a regular auction not BIN.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-31-2016
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 92%
iTrader: (1)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagoIL View Post
I would give them all the documentation they want with any info on who gave the gift card to you. The amazon receipt is good too. Most people don't get a $500 gift card for their birthday so you should explain that it's a spouse, etc. or someone who would really give you a $500 gift and why. Say it was a special birthday, something to explain the amount.

Explanation on why you sold the xbox bundle for a lower price, I would tell them that you have no use for the xbox and that you got it and then changed your mind. You couldn't return it so you thought you would sell it on ebay. You didn't know it was not advisable to sell something for less than market value. You're not familiar with that market and didn't know that was a super low price. Then point out again it was only $60 less and that seemed fair to you. You weren't concerned with getting full price for it. You only wanted to get a fair price for it since you do not normally sell electronics or game systems, etc. (do you?)

Tell them that you do not want to sell any electronics or game systems in the future if it means you will lose your account. You only did it this time because you had it to to sell and that you will steer clear of that category if allowed to reinstate your account. You have to really come on strong with the 'I'm sorry' attitude. They know they hold all the cards so you have to make it believable and sincere.

They aren't saying 'no' yet so keep attempting.
Thanks for thorough reply I am going to go your route with the sorry approach.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-31-2016
rsot's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 69,835
Thanks: 5,548
Thanked 8,368 Times in 7,672 Posts
Activity: 94%
Longevity: 81%
iTrader: (7)
Default Re: account suspended/ what to submit?

Were the Xboxes your first sales on the account OP? Just to clarify.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-31-2016
yankee's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 8,877
Thanks: 2,708
Thanked 3,062 Times in 2,250 Posts
Activity: 44%
Longevity: 56%
iTrader: (2)
Default Re: account suspended/ what to submit?

How old is the account? Does the paypal have tax info on it?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-31-2016
chicagoIL's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 323
Thanks: 122
Thanked 53 Times in 45 Posts
Activity: 6%
Longevity: 41%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: account suspended/ what to submit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mthoma View Post
Thanks for thorough reply I am going to go your route with the sorry approach.
I hope it works. You can usually get further by being nice. Don't forget, you can always ask to speak to a supervisor. You can always call back again.

good luck, please update
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-02-2016
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 92%
iTrader: (1)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagoIL View Post
I hope it works. You can usually get further by being nice. Don't forget, you can always ask to speak to a supervisor. You can always call back again.

good luck, please update

Thank you! This worked like a charm. Did exactly wgat you said and they surprisingly reopened it. I appeared very remorseful in appeal.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 02-13-2016
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 69
Thanks: 0
Thanked 12 Times in 11 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 63%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: account suspended/ what to submit?

i'm happy for you. is this your real or stealth account?
learn to nurture you real account like a baby if it is. Some stealth seller here would pay hard heavy cash to get there real accounts back
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-17-2016
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 219
Thanks: 4
Thanked 15 Times in 14 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 47%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: account suspended/ what to submit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mthoma View Post
EBay suspended my account for selling 3 xbox bundles. I sent in everything they wanted to appeal. After the appeal they sent me a smiliar email asking for the last two items again which were:

Hello pinwilbry,

We received your appeal for your eBay account and appreciate you taking the time to gather the required documentation. Unfortunately, after reviewing the submitted documentation we will need more information to verify your account. I understand if this process has been inconvenient for you and we want to continue processing your appeal as quickly as possible. In order for us to complete the review of your account, we ask that you please provide some additional information. I have outlined the requirements below:

- Documentation for the gift card used to purchase your merchandise with an explanation of who sent it to you.

- Explanation for why you sold an Xbox bundle at a significant loss, with no reserve pricing

I told them someone sent me a giftcard for my birthday and I used the giftcard to buy them, i even supplied to amazon giftcard email

- for the second explanation I told them since I didnt pay for the giftcard the xbox's were all profit so It didnt matter if they sold for a loss. ( the xbox's sold for 430, retail is 499) so this is far from a significant loss...

Any idea on what I should say/submit since they sent me the same email again?
Show them multiple xbox bundles that were sold with BIN less then retail on their own site"Ebay" and also make sure to note how the sellers still have good selling practices and feedback.

Throw it back on Ebay lol That will show them. They will have nothing to say then. That will shove the why you are selling below retail out of the window
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-02-2016
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 12
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 50%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: account suspended/ what to submit?

they are really being funny, what does eBay care whether you make a loss or not? That happens all the time! Unless they are trying to see if you are selling counterfeit or stolen goods I guess lol
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Paypal asking to submit TAX ID andreydsk PayPal Talk 1 11-14-2015 07:43 AM
Please submit tax id information for your paypal account keepongoing Subscriber Discussions 22 12-30-2014 04:27 PM
Please submit Tax ID information for your PayPal account Mr.T PayPal Talk 0 12-08-2014 10:24 AM
when adding a bank account do i need to submit direct debit details BananaMan UK eBay & Paypal 11 07-10-2012 10:13 AM
You can not submit your listing due to the following problems jesseinkaron eBay Suspensions 15 01-25-2011 02:46 AM


Aspkin Group

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:14 AM.


Stop the guessing games and learn how you can quickly and easily get back on eBay today!
Read the best selling step-by-step eBay Suspension guide eBay Stealth!
Amazon Suspension? Read Amazon Ghost to get back on Amazon!
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger
no new posts

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58