eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   Someone keeps reporting my images (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/94572-someone-keeps-reporting-my-images.html)

foolishheart 03-10-2016 11:05 PM

Someone keeps reporting my images

Okay, now I'm getting very frustrated this is the second time in two weeks they have removed my listing, saying someone reported them for being there's and that's simply not true. What do I do about this and how can I prove they're mine, when they're taking up for the other person?
I'm sure the op is getting mad because I'm selling for about 5 bucks cheaper. Omg, I can't believe this, helppppp

empirestate 03-10-2016 11:19 PM

Re: Someone keeps reporting my images

Sum1 doesn't like you... a competitor maybe...

foolishheart 03-10-2016 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by empirestate (Post 753801)
Sum1 doesn't like you... a competitor maybe...

I know it is, in the message it gives me their name and email if I wanted to message them, but I don't really care talk to them. They're mad because I'm selling mine a little cheaper. :/
How can I prove they are my images if they're taking up for the other person?

MM78 03-10-2016 11:32 PM

Sure it isn't the VERO Agent?

foolishheart 03-10-2016 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MM78 (Post 753805)
Sure it isn't the VERO Agent?

Idk, I've only got the bidding starting at $25 or buy it now for $45, and its most definitely authentic. I do not sell knockoffs, what should I do ☹

foolishheart 03-10-2016 11:59 PM

Okay, I just looked up what VERO means. But it's what I've always sold and many people list the same thing. It's just a face cream, omg, I'm just going to message the op and ask them why they keep flagging me 😔

MM78 03-11-2016 12:22 AM

The Company who owns that face cream might not want you selling their stuff....it does happen.

foolishheart 03-11-2016 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MM78 (Post 753812)
The Company who owns that face cream might not want you selling their stuff....it does happen.

Thank you, I sent them an email but like I said it's, what I've been selling on eBay for the past five years and I've never had a problem, many people list the same thing. I'll just stop listing it until my account gets a little older or not at all because this is the seconed time and I don't want any trouble. I'll just wait for their reply and go from there, I guess.

jeffweico 03-11-2016 12:49 AM

You can add your information to the EXIF data, that might help.

Unfortunately, there are people out there who do not want to compete on price, so they try to knock other sellers out. As far as I am concerned, these people are the scum of the Earth and most of the time they are selling counterfeits. I have battled a few of these guys and won some and lost some. Some of these people may have connections inside of eBay that protect them. But they DO eventually lose their accounts.

The first thing I would do is check their negative feedback to see if they have had any complaints posted about selling counterfeits. Then I would put my information into the EXIF part of the images. One guy pissed me off to the point that I had friends in a couple of different states buy from him and then when the merchandise was received they called eBay to complain about the guy because he was selling cheap counterfeits. It worked, but I like to stay away from that stuff generally.

Nobody has ethics anymore. That is what happens when you eliminate ethics classes and civics classes from the schools.

easy.bake.oven 03-11-2016 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffweico (Post 753815)
Nobody has ethics anymore. That is what happens when you eliminate ethics classes and civics classes from the schools.

I see that too.

Its a shame.

I am from UK and have that same thought many times.
I ask myself weekly 'what happened to the world man? ':(
Ethics went out of the window here in UK a long time ago, its a shame, it used to be good here.

Manners and ethics is what has got me through life this far with no problems - just basic common courtesy, manners and ethics.

This world is too crazy for me, I prefer to stay indoors nice and safe and warm :)

foolishheart 03-11-2016 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffweico (Post 753815)
You can add your information to the EXIF data, that might help.

Unfortunately, there are people out there who do not want to compete on price, so they try to knock other sellers out. As far as I am concerned, these people are the scum of the Earth and most of the time they are selling counterfeits. I have battled a few of these guys and won some and lost some. Some of these people may have connections inside of eBay that protect them. But they DO eventually lose their accounts.

The first thing I would do is check their negative feedback to see if they have had any complaints posted about selling counterfeits. Then I would put my information into the EXIF part of the images. One guy pissed me off to the point that I had friends in a couple of different states buy from him and then when the merchandise was received they called eBay to complain about the guy because he was selling cheap counterfeits. It worked, but I like to stay away from that stuff generally.

Oh my, thank you. Let me look and I'll get back to you. I may send you a private message also. ✌️

foolishheart 03-11-2016 01:55 AM

Btw: I do use Batch Purifier is that not as good?

foolishheart 03-11-2016 02:14 AM

I can't find their Ebay, it said, there was a user with that account but because we had no transactions they can't show me the user with that email because we had no transactions. And I looked them up on the Internet and there are lots of pictures and company information. But then again, it is easy to steal somebody's business name 🤔

realdeals 03-11-2016 04:21 AM

Do you use a stock photo then?

If you take your own pictures of your product and watermark the picture then this issue should not arise.

foolishheart 03-11-2016 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by realdeals (Post 753833)
Do you use a stock photo then?

If you take your own pictures of your product and watermark the picture then this issue should not arise.

I have used a stock photo before and have one up now, but those didn't get flagged. I thought that's what they were for, there stock photos, I thought they were for anybody. The ones that got removed yes, were my own, but I don't know how to use a watermark. Where do I find that? Is there anyway I can find the person behind this email?

rsot 03-11-2016 06:25 AM

@OP, sounds like your competition or market niche is rough and "judgemental"

aking 03-11-2016 10:38 AM

what category do you sell in? I am curious...

newjerseymax 03-11-2016 10:55 AM

Why not just take a picture and a little poster board with your user name on it. That should eliminate that problem. Unless you don't think the item looks original enough to use your own pictures.

phaz0rz 03-11-2016 11:02 AM

OP, it really sounds like a VeRO agent is having your listings pulled. I say that because if an ordinary competitor had reported your listing, the competitor would remain anonymous to you and you would never find out who reported you. Plus, there is no longer any way for one seller to report another seller's listing unless you call in, but even that won't get you anywhere. eBay would have to receive SEVERAL complaints for your listing to be pulled because of competitor/buyer complaints. A VeRO agent on the other hand can single handedly kill your listing with one email.

So, to summarize, I'm fairly certain you're dealing with a VeRO agent because:
-you've received contact info for the person who had your listings removed
-you've had the same items pulled twice in a short period of time

Basically anytime eBay pulls your listing and tells you how to contact the person who had your listing removed, you're dealing with a VeRO agent. It doesn't matter if what you're selling is authentic. The VeRO agent will continue having your listings taken down because you are not an authorized distributor approved by the manufacturer.

foolishheart 03-11-2016 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phaz0rz (Post 753910)
OP, it really sounds like a VeRO agent is having your listings pulled. I say that because if an ordinary competitor had reported your listing, the competitor would remain anonymous to you and you would never find out who reported you. Plus, there is no longer any way for one seller to report another seller's listing unless you call in, but even that won't get you anywhere. eBay would have to receive SEVERAL complaints for your listing to be pulled because of competitor/buyer complaints. A VeRO agent on the other hand can single handedly kill your listing with one email.

So, to summarize, I'm fairly certain you're dealing with a VeRO agent because:
-you've received contact info for the person who had your listings removed
-you've had the same items pulled twice in a short period of time

Basically anytime eBay pulls your listing and tells you how to contact the person who had your listing removed, you're dealing with a VeRO agent. It doesn't matter if what you're selling is authentic. The VeRO agent will continue having your listings taken down because you are not an authorized distributor approved by the manufacturer.

Wow, thank you, that answers a lot. But how would they know what I do outside of eBay, I mean other people are doing it, so why are they picking on me. Oh well, I have plenty of other stuff I can list. If I don't get in trouble for this, we shall see if I'm still here after the 20th

realdeals 03-11-2016 01:11 PM

I believe watermarks are in your listing options under more options or alike.

phaz0rz 03-11-2016 01:35 PM

Guys, the fact remains that eBay will no longer allow sellers to report other sellers for stealing photos. I know this because people used to steal my images, and sometimes my entire listings, on a weekly basis. I used to report those sellers and sometimes it would actually get the listing taken down, but regardless of what happened eBay would not tell me about it.

I seriously doubt the OP's photos have anything to do with his/her listings being taken down.

@OP - The way VeRO agents operate is a mystery to everyone, but the fact is anyone selling the same thing as you is also at risk for having their listings removed. This is a why a lot of sellers around here will have the same item listed on many, many accounts. Not only does this increase your share of the market, it also protects your income. If you get into trouble for something on one account you simply move the product to another account until you get in trouble there, and then repeat.