Someone keeps reporting my images - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe
     

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!


Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 03-10-2016
foolishheart's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 119
Thanks: 2
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 43%
iTrader: (0)
Default Someone keeps reporting my images

Okay, now I'm getting very frustrated this is the second time in two weeks they have removed my listing, saying someone reported them for being there's and that's simply not true. What do I do about this and how can I prove they're mine, when they're taking up for the other person?
I'm sure the op is getting mad because I'm selling for about 5 bucks cheaper. Omg, I can't believe this, helppppp
Reply With Quote
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

  #2  
Old 03-10-2016
empirestate's Avatar
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 3,140
Thanks: 44
Thanked 667 Times in 486 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 49%
iTrader: (1)
Default Re: Someone keeps reporting my images

Sum1 doesn't like you... a competitor maybe...
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-10-2016
foolishheart's Avatar
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 119
Thanks: 2
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 43%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by empirestate View Post
Sum1 doesn't like you... a competitor maybe...
I know it is, in the message it gives me their name and email if I wanted to message them, but I don't really care talk to them. They're mad because I'm selling mine a little cheaper. :/
How can I prove they are my images if they're taking up for the other person?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-10-2016
MM78's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 14,300
Thanks: 1,110
Thanked 4,933 Times in 3,398 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 77%
iTrader: (4)
Default Re: Someone keeps reporting my images

Sure it isn't the VERO Agent?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-10-2016
foolishheart's Avatar
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 119
Thanks: 2
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 43%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
Sure it isn't the VERO Agent?
Idk, I've only got the bidding starting at $25 or buy it now for $45, and its most definitely authentic. I do not sell knockoffs, what should I do ☹
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-10-2016
foolishheart's Avatar
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 119
Thanks: 2
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 43%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Someone keeps reporting my images

Okay, I just looked up what VERO means. But it's what I've always sold and many people list the same thing. It's just a face cream, omg, I'm just going to message the op and ask them why they keep flagging me 😔
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-11-2016
MM78's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 14,300
Thanks: 1,110
Thanked 4,933 Times in 3,398 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 77%
iTrader: (4)
Default Re: Someone keeps reporting my images

The Company who owns that face cream might not want you selling their stuff....it does happen.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-11-2016
foolishheart's Avatar
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 119
Thanks: 2
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 43%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
The Company who owns that face cream might not want you selling their stuff....it does happen.
Thank you, I sent them an email but like I said it's, what I've been selling on eBay for the past five years and I've never had a problem, many people list the same thing. I'll just stop listing it until my account gets a little older or not at all because this is the seconed time and I don't want any trouble. I'll just wait for their reply and go from there, I guess.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-11-2016
jeffweico's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 7,217
Thanks: 895
Thanked 4,068 Times in 2,169 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 80%
iTrader: (12)
Default Re: Someone keeps reporting my images

You can add your information to the EXIF data, that might help.

Unfortunately, there are people out there who do not want to compete on price, so they try to knock other sellers out. As far as I am concerned, these people are the scum of the Earth and most of the time they are selling counterfeits. I have battled a few of these guys and won some and lost some. Some of these people may have connections inside of eBay that protect them. But they DO eventually lose their accounts.

The first thing I would do is check their negative feedback to see if they have had any complaints posted about selling counterfeits. Then I would put my information into the EXIF part of the images. One guy pissed me off to the point that I had friends in a couple of different states buy from him and then when the merchandise was received they called eBay to complain about the guy because he was selling cheap counterfeits. It worked, but I like to stay away from that stuff generally.

Nobody has ethics anymore. That is what happens when you eliminate ethics classes and civics classes from the schools.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
easy.bake.oven (03-11-2016), ilcarletto (03-11-2016)
  #10  
Old 03-11-2016
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 723
Thanks: 446
Thanked 193 Times in 142 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 61%
iTrader: (2)
Send a message via ICQ to easy.bake.oven
Default Re: Someone keeps reporting my images

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
Nobody has ethics anymore. That is what happens when you eliminate ethics classes and civics classes from the schools.

I see that too.

Its a shame.

I am from UK and have that same thought many times.
I ask myself weekly 'what happened to the world man? ':(
Ethics went out of the window here in UK a long time ago, its a shame, it used to be good here.

Manners and ethics is what has got me through life this far with no problems - just basic common courtesy, manners and ethics.

This world is too crazy for me, I prefer to stay indoors nice and safe and warm
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-11-2016
foolishheart's Avatar
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 119
Thanks: 2
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 43%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
You can add your information to the EXIF data, that might help.

Unfortunately, there are people out there who do not want to compete on price, so they try to knock other sellers out. As far as I am concerned, these people are the scum of the Earth and most of the time they are selling counterfeits. I have battled a few of these guys and won some and lost some. Some of these people may have connections inside of eBay that protect them. But they DO eventually lose their accounts.

The first thing I would do is check their negative feedback to see if they have had any complaints posted about selling counterfeits. Then I would put my information into the EXIF part of the images. One guy pissed me off to the point that I had friends in a couple of different states buy from him and then when the merchandise was received they called eBay to complain about the guy because he was selling cheap counterfeits. It worked, but I like to stay away from that stuff generally.

Nobody has ethics anymore. That is what happens when you eliminate ethics classes and civics classes from the schools.
Oh my, thank you. Let me look and I'll get back to you. I may send you a private message also. ✌️
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-11-2016
foolishheart's Avatar
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 119
Thanks: 2
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 43%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Someone keeps reporting my images

Btw: I do use Batch Purifier is that not as good?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-11-2016
foolishheart's Avatar
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 119
Thanks: 2
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 43%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Someone keeps reporting my images

I can't find their Ebay, it said, there was a user with that account but because we had no transactions they can't show me the user with that email because we had no transactions. And I looked them up on the Internet and there are lots of pictures and company information. But then again, it is easy to steal somebody's business name 🤔
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-11-2016
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 891
Thanks: 244
Thanked 246 Times in 193 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 50%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Someone keeps reporting my images

Do you use a stock photo then?

If you take your own pictures of your product and watermark the picture then this issue should not arise.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-11-2016
foolishheart's Avatar
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 119
Thanks: 2
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 43%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by realdeals View Post
Do you use a stock photo then?

If you take your own pictures of your product and watermark the picture then this issue should not arise.

I have used a stock photo before and have one up now, but those didn't get flagged. I thought that's what they were for, there stock photos, I thought they were for anybody. The ones that got removed yes, were my own, but I don't know how to use a watermark. Where do I find that? Is there anyway I can find the person behind this email?
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-11-2016
rsot's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 71,849
Thanks: 5,697
Thanked 8,532 Times in 7,834 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 81%
iTrader: (7)
Default Re: Someone keeps reporting my images

@OP, sounds like your competition or market niche is rough and "judgemental"
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-11-2016
aking's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,571
Thanks: 243
Thanked 216 Times in 175 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
iTrader: (1)
Default Re: Someone keeps reporting my images

what category do you sell in? I am curious...
__________________
Thinkin' of a master plan...
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-11-2016
newjerseymax's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,841
Thanks: 1,090
Thanked 683 Times in 494 Posts
Activity: 2%
Longevity: 79%
iTrader: (6)
Default Re: Someone keeps reporting my images

Why not just take a picture and a little poster board with your user name on it. That should eliminate that problem. Unless you don't think the item looks original enough to use your own pictures.
__________________
"Mark 11.24 Whatsoever ye desire, believe that ye have it, and it is yours"
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-11-2016
phaz0rz's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 10,829
Thanks: 2,073
Thanked 4,016 Times in 3,007 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 45%
iTrader: (2)
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz
Default Re: Someone keeps reporting my images

OP, it really sounds like a VeRO agent is having your listings pulled. I say that because if an ordinary competitor had reported your listing, the competitor would remain anonymous to you and you would never find out who reported you. Plus, there is no longer any way for one seller to report another seller's listing unless you call in, but even that won't get you anywhere. eBay would have to receive SEVERAL complaints for your listing to be pulled because of competitor/buyer complaints. A VeRO agent on the other hand can single handedly kill your listing with one email.

So, to summarize, I'm fairly certain you're dealing with a VeRO agent because:
-you've received contact info for the person who had your listings removed
-you've had the same items pulled twice in a short period of time

Basically anytime eBay pulls your listing and tells you how to contact the person who had your listing removed, you're dealing with a VeRO agent. It doesn't matter if what you're selling is authentic. The VeRO agent will continue having your listings taken down because you are not an authorized distributor approved by the manufacturer.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-11-2016
foolishheart's Avatar
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 119
Thanks: 2
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 43%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
OP, it really sounds like a VeRO agent is having your listings pulled. I say that because if an ordinary competitor had reported your listing, the competitor would remain anonymous to you and you would never find out who reported you. Plus, there is no longer any way for one seller to report another seller's listing unless you call in, but even that won't get you anywhere. eBay would have to receive SEVERAL complaints for your listing to be pulled because of competitor/buyer complaints. A VeRO agent on the other hand can single handedly kill your listing with one email.

So, to summarize, I'm fairly certain you're dealing with a VeRO agent because:
-you've received contact info for the person who had your listings removed
-you've had the same items pulled twice in a short period of time

Basically anytime eBay pulls your listing and tells you how to contact the person who had your listing removed, you're dealing with a VeRO agent. It doesn't matter if what you're selling is authentic. The VeRO agent will continue having your listings taken down because you are not an authorized distributor approved by the manufacturer.
Wow, thank you, that answers a lot. But how would they know what I do outside of eBay, I mean other people are doing it, so why are they picking on me. Oh well, I have plenty of other stuff I can list. If I don't get in trouble for this, we shall see if I'm still here after the 20th
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 03-11-2016
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 891
Thanks: 244
Thanked 246 Times in 193 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 50%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Someone keeps reporting my images

I believe watermarks are in your listing options under more options or alike.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-11-2016
phaz0rz's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 10,829
Thanks: 2,073
Thanked 4,016 Times in 3,007 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 45%
iTrader: (2)
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz
Default Re: Someone keeps reporting my images

Guys, the fact remains that eBay will no longer allow sellers to report other sellers for stealing photos. I know this because people used to steal my images, and sometimes my entire listings, on a weekly basis. I used to report those sellers and sometimes it would actually get the listing taken down, but regardless of what happened eBay would not tell me about it.

I seriously doubt the OP's photos have anything to do with his/her listings being taken down.

@OP - The way VeRO agents operate is a mystery to everyone, but the fact is anyone selling the same thing as you is also at risk for having their listings removed. This is a why a lot of sellers around here will have the same item listed on many, many accounts. Not only does this increase your share of the market, it also protects your income. If you get into trouble for something on one account you simply move the product to another account until you get in trouble there, and then repeat.
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
tax reporting information jm091804 Paypal Limited 0 05-16-2014 09:36 PM
Tax reporting question acreech41311 Everything Else 4 09-06-2013 08:22 AM
Reporting Hockey12 Subscriber Discussions 15 03-22-2012 09:30 AM
powersellers reporting rafc Subscriber Discussions 6 11-11-2008 05:09 PM


Aspkin Group

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:32 AM.


Stop the guessing games and learn how you can quickly and easily get back on eBay today!
Read the best selling step-by-step eBay Suspension guide eBay Stealth!
Amazon Suspension? Read Amazon Ghost to get back on Amazon!
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger
no new posts

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58