When did ebay start asking for date of birth - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 04-16-2016
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 26%
Longevity: 54%
Default When did ebay start asking for date of birth

Hello
Just quick question in which year ebay started asking for date of birth as I remember back in days ebay don't ask for date of birth. Only problem is I had few account suspended more then 5 or 6 years ago and then made new account which is running fine with my own details but just made new ebay account few months ago as it's different Ltd company and paypal says has to be differrnt ebay and paypal so wondering it's been ok so far they increased limit after ringing them each month so just wondering can they still findout?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-17-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: When did ebay start asking for date of birth

I don't recall the exact year.

As for your account, if you're using the same info...it's risky. I wouldn't call in for raised limits. In fact, I would have backup accounts going and rely on them.
Old 04-17-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%

Have you got a record of all your details then, OP?

Need to cover yourself here in case talking to ebay.

The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
Play (04-28-2016)
Old 04-17-2016
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Well no not sure on ebay date of birth but paypal got my own date of birth and they done twice credit search so paypal ok not sure about dob on ebay if i out real or not but ebay i have over 200000 limit never had issue with ebay on this account
Old 04-17-2016
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

ok here is full story, need expert comments plz

had problem with ebay paypal till 2010 so on may 2011 made ebay and paypal account where all the details were different ebay did not ask for date of birth and name changed little but like this john smith to johnn, smiith all was ok but paypal wanted to check details online so put real date of birth which i think they done credit check adn all ok limit removed all was good up and running on ebay i put compnay name rather then even my own real name, but then i ring paypal and tild them i cant add bank account so they removed , from the name and then it was ok after few month i ring paypal and said my name is little bit wrong on paypal its not johnn its actually john they chnage dit no problem at that time sale was quite alot on ebay and paypal then finally i put my real name on ebay i think in 2012 and had no issue then i sent email to paypal about name chnage for minor changes smiith which they changed it without any issue at this time they not asked any id nor any document but on my credit remote they done credit search so as money was too much coming they put rolling reserve and they also done another credit search as shows on my report all was ok, on that time i register limited company and ring paypal to put my account into limited company which they done on the phone and she said we dont have your id nor proof of address at this time i thought i am done but she said if i upload now while on the phone she will done for me, so i sent my driving licence and bank statement which she checked and convert into limited company, it was in sept 2014 before this i remember i made another ebay account in march 2014 with my real details and used same paypal not had any issue account is still active, now as i wanted to close this ltd company and like to open new one but paypal said i have to close this account and open new account i cant simply chnage the info or company number, i tought its just this rep on the phone but ring many times and same answer, as i not wanted to do into paypal problems again and i even said according to paypal i cant have multiple accounts but they said no its ok as its separate company u can have two accounts and they said u need to have new ebay account aswell on that company, i told them i went through many problems due to reserve on my account but lady said once u made account call me and i will speak with compliance team and they will link both account and i will not have problems, so i done this register new account paypal and ebay with my real info new company verified it no issue, then i ring that lady in paypal she asked me normal info and said i will contact compliance team and will get back to me in 48 hours if all ok so after that she said all ok u will not had problem, so all well and good ring ebay and asked them to increase limited without any item list they changed to 300 items after one month ring them again they increased to 600 and then 1200 on that time i had 21 days reserve ring ebay and they said its from paypal and then ring paypal they said its not from us and account is all good so ring ebay again and they even removed that reserve, so my question now will ebay findout about previous account? i am sure paypal will not as so far they are really good with me since 2011 i have business support team and they last month offered ms 60000 working capital loan which i not took so any expert advice?
Old 04-17-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by e2free View Post
sorry but you need make paragraphs.....
The Following User Says Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
Play (04-28-2016)
Old 04-17-2016
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

had problem with ebay paypal till 2010 so on may 2011 made ebay and paypal account where all the details were different ebay did not ask for date of birth and name changed little but like ie john smith to johnn, smiith all was ok but paypal wanted to check details online so put real date of birth which i think they done credit check and all ok limit removed all was good up and running on ebay i put compnay name rather then even my own real name,

but then i ring paypal after maybe year and told them i cant add bank account so they removed , from the name and then it was ok

after few month i ring paypal again for something else and and said my name is little bit wrong on paypal its not johnn its actually john they chnage bit no problem at that time sale was quite alot on ebay and paypal

then finally i put my real name on ebay i think in 2012 and had no issue then i sent email to paypal about name chnage for minor changes smiith which they changed it without any issue to ie smith at this time they not asked any id nor any document but on my credit report they done credit search in past

so as money was too much coming had a call from something risk department they put rolling reserve and they also done another credit search i think as shows on my report all was ok,

on that time i register limited company and ring paypal to put my account into limited company which they done on the phone and she said we dont have your id nor proof of address at this time i thought i am done but she said if i upload now while on the phone she will done for me, so i sent my driving licence and bank statement which she checked and convert into limited company,

it was in sept 2014 before this i remember i made another ebay account in march 2014 with my real details and used same paypal not had any issue account is still active, they also removed rolling reserve 20 % to 10% after 3 months and then totally removed after 6 months

now as i wanted to close this ltd company and like to open new one but paypal said i have to close this account and open new account as i cant simply chnage the info or company number, i thought its just this rep on the phone but ring many times and same answer, as i not wanted to do into paypal problems again and i even said according to paypal i cant have multiple accounts but they said no its ok as its separate company u can have two accounts and they said u need to have new ebay account aswell on that company,

I told them i went through many problems due to reserve on my account but lady said once u made account call me and i will speak with compliance team and they will link both account and i will not have problems,

so i done this register new account paypal and ebay with my real info new company verified it no issue, then i ring that lady in paypal she asked me normal info and said i will contact compliance team and will get back to me in 48 hours if all ok

after that she said all ok u will not have any problem, so all well and good

ring ebay stright after making new account and asked them to increase limit without any item list they changed to 300 items after one month ring them again they increased to 600 and then 1200 on that time

I had 21 days reserve on my account then ring ebay and they said its from paypal and then ring paypal they said its not from us and account is all good so ring ebay again and they even removed that reserve,

so my question now will ebay findout about previous account? i am sure paypal will not as so far they are really good with me since 2011 i have business support team and they last month offered me 60000 working capital loan which i not took so any expert advice?
Old 04-18-2016

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

Ur writing a book, try simplifying your question to just a few lines, not many including myself would read that.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dmshark25 For This Useful Post:
Play (04-28-2016)
Old 04-18-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

If a human sits down and reviews you on a manual basis, everything will come out.

This is what you are facing now.

You can not rely on a spoken word from anyone.

Even at a pinch, a written word may not count.

Just some comments for you to consider.

Old 04-18-2016
Executive [VIP]

@e2free, it's too much on the eyes to read - simplify - what exactly is the issue?
Old 04-18-2016
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

ok sorry here you go in short

had problem with ebay paypal till 2010 so on may 2011 made ebay and paypal account where all the details were different ebay did not ask for date of birth name was little bit different

then finally i put my real name on ebay i think in 2012 and had no issue then i asked paypal to chnage the name which was minor change without any issue not asked any id nor any document but on my credit report they done credit search in past

register limited company and ring paypal to put my account into limited company and asked for id and bank statement which given and verified while on the phone

before this i remember i made another ebay account in march 2014 with my real details and used same paypal not had any issue account is still active,

now as i wanted to close this ltd company and like to open new one but paypal said i have to close this account and open new account as i cant simply chnage the info or company number on paypal

paypal said I can have 2 accounts as its 2 different ltd companies so I register new account paypal and ebay with my real info new company verified it no issue they done credit search as i can see on my report

ring ebay straight after making new account to increase limit changed to 300 items after one month increased to 600 and then 1200.

so my question now will ebay findout about previous account? i am sure paypal will not as so far they are really good with me since 2011 i have business support team and they last month offered me 60K working capital loan which i not took so any expert advice?
Old 04-18-2016
Executive [VIP]

eB can find out quiet easily - you need to make backup stealth accounts