eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   Account Suspension (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/97716-account-suspension.html)

skindrinks 07-06-2016 01:56 AM

Account Suspension

I've followed the stealth book and created an account 2 days ago. Read all those help topics on eBay like a noob would do.
-NEW IP
-NEW address
-New name
-new Email
-NEW user account on my laptop
-NEW visa GC from target
-"sideline" for a phone number, probably abusively used. (Maybe?)
- Multiple Email accounts on my iPhone including previous suspended account email, can eBay track that as well? (Maybe?)

I have listed an used modem last night which i dont think it falls into the high risk category. Got a missed call from eBay at 8pm tonight and got an account suspended email from eBay after 10mins.

After reviewing your eBay account, recent activity has raised serious security concerns. As a result, we've taken the following action on your account:
- Your eBay account has been suspended.
- Item listings have been removed. A list of removed items is available further down in this email.

You won't be able to use eBay in any way. This includes using another existing account or registering a new account. Any outstanding selling fees are due immediately, and any amounts that you haven't previously disputed will be charged to the billing method currently on file.

We've taken this precaution to protect our members while we make sure that the activity doesn't cause harm -- however unintentionally -- to the eBay community.
Here are the listings we removed:
edit

We appreciate your understanding.
Thanks,

eBay

Everything seems okay to me except the phone number. Please advise guys. Thanks

TGMT² 07-06-2016 03:05 AM

Re: Account Suspension

Did you access the eBay account from your iPhone? Was the iPhone previously used on a suspended account with the eBay App installed?

And regarding your IP address used, what were you using? Hopefully not some abused VPN.

Phone number could be an issue, but usually that issue is during creation of the account giving you a low selling limit.

And no it wan't the modem, that model is almost worthless & outdated and very few ISP's will even activate it.

quest 07-06-2016 09:25 AM

first mistake is that you listed item too fast.

rsot 07-06-2016 09:52 AM

OP, remove the listing number from your post - just saying

meeinter 07-06-2016 10:52 AM

start new account

skindrinks 07-06-2016 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TGMT² (Post 784424)
Did you access the eBay account from your iPhone? Was the iPhone previously used on a suspended account with the eBay App installed?

And regarding your IP address used, what were you using? Hopefully not some abused VPN.

Phone number could be an issue, but usually that issue is during creation of the account giving you a low selling limit.

And no it wan't the modem, that model is almost worthless & outdated and very few ISP's will even activate it.

Nope i didnt access the account on my phone. I used a T-mobile hotspot device for the IP purpose

fox20c 07-06-2016 11:12 AM

Dont worry. Just call them up say you saw that you got an email that said you needed to ring them. After about 10 minutes of them fumbling about and asking you some basic questions about the thing you listed the account will get reinstated. Dont be nervous it is really easy and not a big deal.

skindrinks 07-06-2016 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quest (Post 784474)
first mistake is that you listed item too fast.

How long should i wait before i can list?

skindrinks 07-06-2016 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 784482)
OP, remove the listing number from your post - just saying

I tried to edit the post, where the heck is the "edit" button..

skindrinks 07-06-2016 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fox20c (Post 784493)
Dont worry. Just call them up say you saw that you got an email that said you needed to ring them. After about 10 minutes of them fumbling about and asking you some basic questions about the thing you listed the account will get reinstated. Dont be nervous it is really easy and not a big deal.

i'll give em a call tonight and see whats going on. Thanks

skindrinks 07-06-2016 11:28 AM

Since the E-mail did not state anything regarding on the previous banned account. So i can assume the suspension is not due to linked account right? Otherwise it would be another Email template?

skindrinks 07-06-2016 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meeinter (Post 784487)
start new account

i need to find out what could be the cause of my account suspension before i start a new account, so i wont get banned again.

fox20c 07-06-2016 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skindrinks (Post 784503)
Since the E-mail did not state anything regarding on the previous banned account. So i can assume the suspension is not due to linked account right? Otherwise it would be another Email template?

No it will never state the true reason for the suspension. Most likely it is that you listed too fast, used a stock photo or copied from another listing (these are the most common reasons from my experience). All of which are easy to get overturned with a phone call. Good luck tonight on your call, let us know how it goes.

miketyson 07-06-2016 01:40 PM

Yes usually the missed call is ebay calling newbies and want to make sure they have the item in hand and you are a real person and whatever else. So when they get no answer have to suspend it.

skindrinks 07-06-2016 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fox20c (Post 784523)
No it will never state the true reason for the suspension. Most likely it is that you listed too fast, used a stock photo or copied from another listing (these are the most common reasons from my experience). All of which are easy to get overturned with a phone call. Good luck tonight on your call, let us know how it goes.

Thanks for the info! I will def update the post after i called them tonight.

skindrinks 07-06-2016 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miketyson (Post 784527)
Yes usually the missed call is ebay calling newbies and want to make sure they have the item in hand and you are a real person and whatever else. So when they get no answer have to suspend it.

Thanks for the info. I will call them and see how it goes. :D

skindrinks 07-07-2016 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fox20c (Post 784523)

Just got off the phone with eBay, no luck on reinstating the account. Looks like i need to try again with prepaid phone number and PO BOX since the clean address i used is not clean anymore god damnit. the hardest part of this is finding a clean address.

bluegrass1 07-17-2016 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skindrinks (Post 784803)
Just got off the phone with eBay, no luck on reinstating the account. Looks like i need to try again with prepaid phone number and PO BOX since the clean address i used is not clean anymore god damnit. the hardest part of this is finding a clean address.

I just use zillow

skindrinks 07-17-2016 03:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluegrass1 (Post 786629)
I just use zillow

how? just enter random address found on Zillow?

rsot 07-17-2016 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skindrinks (Post 786636)

Seems like it if you go on the website

bluegrass1 07-17-2016 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skindrinks (Post 786636)

Is what i do .. just a empty house .. I do find some thats been on the market for a while

rsot 07-17-2016 06:58 PM

Hopefully no one else does the same and happens to overlap addresses with you bluegrass1