google should open there own ebay - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Auction Listing > EBay Tools and Software

EBay Tools and Software General discussions on eBay tools & software, Auctiva, Turbo Lister, InkFrog, ShipStation and more.

Old 07-06-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 86%
Send a message via MSN to cashflow
Default google should open there own ebay

im sure alot of people would use it for sure
and it would create a second market like ebay so more$$ to be made..
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-16-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 87%

I could go along with that! I have said all along that someone else could run Ebay's site much better that they run it themselves! Well...not so much take their site over, but begin a new one perhaps.?.?
Even with millions of accounts, Ebay does screw themselves everyday. And when you place both "todays" Ebay and Paypal in a bowl, its nothing more than a disasterous recipe to make a $*** cake that will eventually expand and blowup.
Old 07-20-2009

Longevity: 90%

And what if you manage to get yourself suspended there as well? Now you got googlebots following your every move. lol.
Old 07-20-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%
Send a message via Yahoo to philly387

Much rather have ebay bots following than google any day....
Old 07-22-2009
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 86%
Send a message via MSN to cashflow

lol
so true....
Old 07-26-2009
Executive [VIP]

Google was going to open up an auction site to match ebay. But it never completed.

Gbid
Old 08-04-2009

Longevity: 87%

google seems as if they could do anything... they are quite the internet power house.
Old 08-09-2009

Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion View Post
Google was going to open up an auction site to match ebay. But it never completed.

Gbid
Yeah, whatever happened to that?

Was sad to see Yahoo Auctions shut down. I actually used them extensively before I ever got on ebay.
Old 08-10-2009

Longevity: 85%

I was a big fan of yahoo auctions 2... bought and sold tons before it died. Nice to see it hasn't been forgotten.

CaptainJack
Old 08-10-2009
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

Yahoo auctions never got enough traffic to get my attention at the time. eBay was so much nicer then than it is now, I never wanted an alternative.

Google played with the auction idea back in 2000. Then dredged up the idea again in 04. Didn't get any luv from the brass. Dredged up again in 06, whereupon it was stabbed to death. Seems that under scrutiny, online auction is nothing but trouble, in the eyes of google. So they like Google Base. I say it's a flash in the pan. Maybe I'm mistaken (which would be a good thing). I refer to it as google goodies by torrent. It's like searching a tracker for something everybody else is handing out. Nothing special.
Old 08-11-2009

Longevity: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by philly387 View Post
Much rather have ebay bots following than google any day....
Oh man that would suck. Google already is anti-privacy. Google Watch If they copy eBay and PayPal's tactics, it'll be very bad. And remember the fraud sciences article on PayPal that says it web searches eveyone's info they add in there?
The Following User Says Thank You to Jonas For This Useful Post:
Old 08-11-2009
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

Short but good, Jonas.

And the dude has a nice hat...
Old 01-14-2010

Longevity: 82%

Googlebots remind me of something out of The Matrix.
Old 01-16-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

It would be nice to have another potential auction site leader. In my opinion ebay has the monopoly and nothing comes close to matching.

If google were to have a crack I am sure it would be very interesting going by the success of their email platform.

But I doubt they would want the hassle, and I am sure it would be mega hassle. Along with all of us dedicated sellers come all the problem buyers and sellers
Old 04-09-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Vicvelcro's Post above is 100% Accurate, Yahoo Auctions went under mostly because of all the lawsuits Against them.
Ebay is undergoing this Transformation moving towards an Amazon/Ubid type of site, where Every single seller is a well known Trusted distributor.

Everytime a company discovers that Counterfeits of its products are being sold on an Auction site, they sue the Auction site for allowing the listing, Not the seller.

Many different variations of these types of lawsuits have been brought against all auction sites like Ebay. In EVERY U.S. Case so far, the auction sites have won. The Rulings are all similar, in that the Auction sites like Ebay Cannot be held responsible for verifing the Millions of listings that they host, And Because of these cases, auction sites have developed Programs like Ebays VERO, and Ioffers COPS to give companies Tools to police auctions of there products.
This has more to do with Auctions sites using these Programs as an additional defense in court cases, it allows Ebay to tell the Judge that " We are doing all that we can to stop Fraud on our site, thats why we started the VERO Program" and it has worked in the U.S. so far. They also use the number of people they suspend as more "Proof".

In Europe these Defenses against similar lawsuits No LONGER Work, Ebay has just lost a Major case against Louis Vuitton, which is currently under appeal, if this case is upheld (Which is likely) it will open the Floodgates for thousands of more cases that Ebay will lose. In the end Ebay will most likely Shut down in Europe.

This my friends is the reason why Ebay Does what it does, they are preparing themselves For WHEN not IF they are in a similar boat here in The U.S.

They lose FAR LESS money by Suspending us, than Paying Lawyers Fighting these cases in Court for them.

Last edited by slapped; 04-09-2010 at 08:15 AM. Reason: addition
Old 04-09-2010
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 1%

it would take a long time for anyone to get close to ebay. If another auction site does get close, I will be surprized. Ebay pretty much has the online auction community on lock down.
Old 04-09-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Aking---my previous post has Nothing to do with other Auction sites Beating Ebay.
It has to do with the Goverment beating Ebay, Like with a Court case.

Tiffany&Co sued Ebay for I think $63 Million a few Years ago, and Lost the case. That is the Same exact Case that Louis Vuitton WON in Europe for Millions. The Tiffany&Co case right now is being Appealed by Tiffany&Co, If the case gets overturned (Tiffany&Co win) within 24 hrs Thousands of Companies will file lawsuits against Ebay for Hundreds of Millions of Dollars---and EVRY SINGLE one of them will win--Ebay is D O N E !!!!!

I can GUARANTEE Louis Vuitton will file a Case against Ebay here in the U.S. as soon as the Tiffany&Co case is over.

In Europe, Ebay has Appealed the case that they lost against Louis Vuitton, hoping that they can overturn it and win ( Highly, Highly Unlikely) when that appeal is over and Ebay loses, watch and see how many more companies sue Ebay For Hundreds of Millions in Europe, at that point all they can do is Go Out of Business in Europe.

That is why they keep Slaughtering us like Cattle, Because they want to show these courts that they are keeping Ebay Clean by suspending Ten of thousands of "Suspicious, High Risk" seller accounts, so they can win their Cases all over THE WORLD.

Last edited by slapped; 04-09-2010 at 02:39 PM. Reason: misspelling