RSS Feeds - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Auction Listing > EBay Tools and Software

EBay Tools and Software General discussions on eBay tools & software, Auctiva, Turbo Lister, InkFrog, ShipStation and more.

Old 02-21-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 94%
Default RSS Feeds

Does anyone use RSS feeds to keep up with their auctions on different accounts? Would that work? Thinking of putting feeds into my netvibe page for my different seller accounts but want to make sure that won't link me or send up a red flag to ebay! Can anyone advise???
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-21-2008

Longevity: 95%

it wont link you since netvibes will be using their servers to fetch the feeds for you and then display them on your computer. so you are safe.
Old 02-21-2008
Threadstarter  

Thanks for the info. I got so excited when I clicked on view sellers items and realized there was an rss feed for it. That can save me alot of time and hassle if I don't have to log onto different accounts. Auctiva's great for listing buy their info isn't 'real time'. I have an item that auctiva has shown for over 12 hours at being at $5 when the current bid is $95!!!
Old 02-22-2008
Threadstarter  

Thanks so much to ivegotinfo for turning me on to Netvibes!!! This is the coolest thing. They also have a mobile site for my cell phone. I designed 3 tabs....one with all the news I like to read every day, the second with my 30+ email accounts, and now the third tab has RSS feeds of all my seller accounts. Wow! This makes life easier!!!
Old 02-23-2008

no problem
netvibes is awesome, i have like 20 tabs on top, holding all my notes, bookmarks, ebay items i watch, email accounts, rss feeds for sites i read.. the best thing ever.

oh also, something many people dont know -
you can make your desktop a WEBSITE!! .. guess which website i have as my desktop - netvibes :D
so now you have your computer desktop that can hold notes, show websites, rss feeds, emails, and tons of other stuff!!! instead of just a boring old desktop with icons on it

to do this right click on the desktop, go to properties, the in the desktop tab click customize desktop. select the "web" tab, press NEW and type Netvibes
press ok, then put checkbox near the new netvibes entry, click properties and uncheck "make this page available offline"
now press ok and ok. now you should have a netvibes desktop.
you wont be able to right click on your desktop like normal anymore, so go to start, settings, control panel and select "display". to go to the same place as you did before. to turn it off, just uncheck the netvibes checkbox in the properties.

oh
p.s.
you need a good computer to do this as it uses a lot of cpu. so might not be feasible for everyone.
Old 02-23-2008

I opened a netvibes account and added many email accounts. Is it safe to add many eBay accounts?
Old 02-23-2008

i would think so. as netvibes fetches all the data on your behalf. but the thing might be that netvibes will use its own IP to log into each of your ebay accounts and gather the data, this might seem suspicious to ebay.

i think its better to just get 1 account and put all the items you want to watch on it, and then just add that 1 account to netvibes
Old 02-23-2008
Threadstarter  

I've generated the RSS feed without logging into an ebay account. So that shouldn't be a problem right???? Without logging into ebay I search on an item for sale under one of my accounts. the click on view sellers other items and generate the feed from there.