Do you seriously log ip address each time you sign into your accounts? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > eBay Tracking

eBay Tracking General discussions on eBay tracking, account linking, IP address, user accounts and more.

Old 01-12-2017
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 21%
Longevity: 58%
Default Do you seriously log ip address each time you sign into your accounts?

Do you log your ip address prior to signing into your ebay, and pp account even if you sign into the account 3-4 times a day? If so, doesn't this become too time consuming for you all? I've been absent of the eb world for almost 8 years now, and i see why I left. This is ridiculous. At this rate, if i sign into my account 10 times daily, i'll have to write down my ip address 10 times just for 1 account, that's 70 times a week!

Old 01-12-2017

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 67%
Default Re: Do you seriously log ip address each time you sign into your accounts?

Yes you will have to. I usually sell on 3 to 4 accounts simultaneously, but I dont see why you need to constantly login to them?

Most things you can do without having to login.
  • Listing Items - Inkfrog
  • Adjust stock levels - Inkfrog
  • Marking Items Dispatched - Shipping software
  • Print Labels - Shipping software
  • Leave feedback for buyers - Many tools out there
  • Responding to messages - You can reply to ebay messages via email

The only time I really login is once a week to respond to any cases/disputes (which are rare to say the least when you describe what your selling in detail).

I also tend to login to PayPal once a week to initiate a withdrawal.

So technically you could get away (like me) with logging IPs once a week.
The Following User Says Thank You to Play For This Useful Post:
jmag91 (01-12-2017)
Old 01-12-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz
Default Re: Do you seriously log ip address each time you sign into your accounts?

I login to each account once daily unless I need to adjust stock levels after getting inventory in. All my accounts have Static IP's via dedicated VPN's and run on isolated VMs. I can run through 10 accounts in less than 5 minutes, assuming I'm not printing any shipping labels or responding to any messages.

I'm assuming you aren't using Static IP's though, so I recommend you keep on logging your IP's. LOL.

You don't use your boy's IPBurger website? Doesn't it automatically log IP's for you?
Old 01-12-2017

Longevity: 56%

no, stopped doing that after about 2 months, no issues here
Old 01-12-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play View Post
Just as a note, most USPS shipping software will also leave feedback for your buyers. I use stamps.com. Their software automatically imports orders from EB/PP, automatically posts back tracking details after you print labels, and can optionally leave feedback for all of your buyers on the post back.
Old 01-12-2017
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Yes you will have to. I usually sell on 3 to 4 accounts simultaneously, but I dont see why you need to constantly login to them?

Most things you can do without having to login.

The only time I really login is once a week to respond to any cases/disputes (which are rare to say the least when you describe what your selling in detail).

I also tend to login to PayPal once a week to initiate a withdrawal.

So technically you could get away (like me) with logging IPs once a week.
I've been selling elsewhere, and using my iPhone for eb stealth. I've never used inkfrog, so don't want to make any mistakes. On another note I'll have to sign on to respond to buyers questions at least once or twice daily. I figured responding to buyers via messages would link you even when images are disabled. I try to avoid clicking links too.

Last edited by BlackLion; 01-12-2017 at 12:19 PM.
Old 01-12-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLion View Post
I've been selling elsewhere, and using my iPhone for eb stealth. I've never used inkfrog, so don't want to make any mistakes. On another note I'll have to sign on to respond to buyers questions at least once or twice daily. I figured responding to buyers via messages would link you even when images are disabled. I try to avoid clicking links too.
  • Avoid using ebay/paypal apps - if thats what you mean by using it on your phone.
  • Inkfrog if used properly you wouldn't have issues - read around the forums for more info.
  • Even if you dont want to use Inkfrog, just list a buy it now item with ample stock to last the week so you dont have to login every day.
  • Like I said, you dont have to login to ebay to respond to messages. A huge misconception people tend ot have. You can reply to the email right from your phone. I've done it for a few years now without issues.
  • Whether images enabled or disabled doesnt matter for GMAIL - but better to be disabled.
  • Just avoid clicking links inside email - correct.
jmag91 (01-12-2017)
Old 01-12-2017
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
  • Avoid using ebay/paypal apps - if thats what you mean by using it on your phone.
  • Inkfrog if used properly you wouldn't have issues - read around the forums for more info.
  • Even if you dont want to use Inkfrog, just list a buy it now item with ample stock to last the week so you dont have to login every day.
  • Like I said, you dont have to login to ebay to respond to messages. A huge misconception people tend ot have. You can reply to the email right from your phone. I've done it for a few years now without issues.
  • Whether images enabled or disabled doesnt matter for GMAIL - but better to be disabled.
  • Just avoid clicking links inside email - correct.
I use separate web browser on phone specifically for ebay (no apps)
I always turn off wifi & activate LTE before signing into account
I don't use any email apps, i use a mobile browser to check emails (sometimes apps malfunction and show images)
I use pp to pay eb fees too, no cc added to eb account

I'll educate myself on inkfrog, never cared about looking into it until now. I've always made money elsewhere. Things have changed on ebay. They charge $1.00 fee for 3 day listing (wasn't the case YEARS ago), and back in the day you couldn't list as BUY IT NOW until you had a certain amount of feedback. I'm shocked that we can do that immediately now.

The only mistake i made on one auction was by "revising" item description, and now the active listing doesn't show until ebay reviews listing. Takes up to 24hrs. This is ridiculous.
Old 01-12-2017
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
Just as a note, most USPS shipping software will also leave feedback for your buyers. I use stamps.com. Their software automatically imports orders from EB/PP, automatically posts back tracking details after you print labels, and can optionally leave feedback for all of your buyers on the post back.
Sometimes, but i usually google "What is my ip" and that solves the problem.
Old 01-12-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLion View Post
I use separate web browser on phone specifically for ebay (no apps)
I always turn off wifi & activate LTE before signing into account
I don't use any email apps, i use a mobile browser to check emails (sometimes apps malfunction and show images)
I use pp to pay eb fees too, no cc added to eb account

I'll educate myself on inkfrog, never cared about looking into it until now. I've always made money elsewhere. Things have changed on ebay. They charge $1.00 fee for 3 day listing (wasn't the case YEARS ago), and back in the day you couldn't list as BUY IT NOW until you had a certain amount of feedback. I'm shocked that we can do that immediately now.

The only mistake i made on one auction was by "revising" item description, and now the active listing doesn't show until ebay reviews listing. Takes up to 24hrs. This is ridiculous.
  • Web browser on phone is fine. of course using different browser + same LTE network for a different accout without loggins IPs isnt a good idea.
  • If your with GMAIL, download GMAIL app - If your on android it won't show images (if settings are correct).
  • PP for EB fees is what I tend to do too, no issues to date.
  • Just dont make mistakes with Inkfrog - read around forum, few precautions need to be taken.
  • Most items on ebay are buy it now these days, from a business point of view just seems a lot easier and less hassle of chasing payments.
  • Revising description for new accounts/listings will put it into review, correct.
BlackLion (01-12-2017)
Old 02-02-2017

Longevity: 52%

Quote:
This is new to me. Do I have to press this button "Reply" https://gyazo.com/1134d0983971f873fb82dab33fd61967
or do I have to go to the very bottom and write answer here https://gyazo.com/195980398b31efca81284c40bb2b4a44
Old 02-02-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukas1001 View Post
This is new to me. Do I have to press this button "Reply" https://gyazo.com/1134d0983971f873fb82dab33fd61967
or do I have to go to the very bottom and write answer here https://gyazo.com/195980398b31efca81284c40bb2b4a44
You reply to the email - just as you would reply to emails when friends and family email you. There is nothing more to it.
Dufus (02-02-2017)
Old 02-11-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,925 Times in 8,217 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilljennifer156 View Post
buy hacked rdp from xdedic and do your job

Peace!
What kind of service is this? Good experience?
Old 02-11-2017
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilljennifer156 View Post
buy hacked rdp from xdedic and do your job

Peace!
That's for hackers. Why would we want that? I'm not interested in viewing anyones personal information.