Weird Message In Ebay Login Screen - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > eBay Tracking

eBay Tracking General discussions on eBay tracking, account linking, IP address, user accounts and more.

Old 04-23-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 87%
Default Weird Message In Ebay Login Screen

Has anyone been subjected to this atrocity?

Sorry if this is basic stuff - I'm relatively new to selling on Ebay and new accounts and all that good stuff.

I must admit I cleared the cookies while on the login screen before this. I'm using FireFox here too.

Thanks.

Last edited by BlumbySum; 04-23-2009 at 10:28 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-23-2009

Longevity: 91%

Yes, Ebay wants to see cookies and all... Best for you is to create new user account in your windows and from than on always log into this Ebay acc. via your windows user account (the same name of UA as your ebay ID) and you will not have to clear your cookies, and will stay under Ebay's radar. Hope it helps!
Old 04-23-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

this happens from time to time with me, especially with firefox..

just refresh the page or keep clicking my ebay, it will go through.. its not a real problem
Old 04-23-2009
Threadstarter  

Hey guys that's awesome news!! Thanks a lot. BUt there's one problem.. I have about 8 brand new accounts and I'm using GoTrusted but it can't be used on other UA's. Would using a VPN take care of this or is VPN a one UA thing too?
Old 04-23-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Blumby, a quick bit of advice. Re-read the Stealth Book. You should not be clearing cookies. 'Cookies' are an essential part of the stealth process. ? As far as I know, you can have UAs per one VPN. That's how the cookies will work. BUT, in all fairness, I would get that confirmed.
You might risk accounts if things are not done correctly.
Old 04-23-2009

Longevity: 94%

Also Go Trusted should rename themselves to Got Hosed as far as PP and Ebay are concerned.
They got me banned almost instantly on 3-4 different accounts when I tried them about 6 months ago.
Maybe things have changed.
But i wouldn't bet the farm on it .
Old 04-24-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
Blumby, a quick bit of advice. Re-read the Stealth Book. You should not be clearing cookies. 'Cookies' are an essential part of the stealth process. ? As far as I know, you can have UAs per one VPN. That's how the cookies will work. BUT, in all fairness, I would get that confirmed.
You might risk accounts if things are not done correctly.
Yeah I read through it but thought it said to configure everything to always delete cookies in FireFox (can I reveal this bit?? - not sure?), which I did do but got confused when everyone here is saying the opposite. Maybe I've misunderstood something there but anyways it's all good now with the advice you guys have provided.

@viking23 - Yeah I contacted them and they basically said that it can only work with the administrator Windows user account. But also the version they have out now is v2 so maybe things have improved. I actually used two diff. Ebay accounts last night but hung up and reconnected GT for the second session on the Bay. I'll have to check things out to see if I'm suspended. Oh well, if I am that's cool, whatever. There's more where they came from.

Thanks guys I really appreciate all your help.
Old 04-24-2009

Longevity: 88%
Send a message via AIM to lakeman Send a message via MSN to lakeman Send a message via Yahoo to lakeman

BlumbySum, I see where you're getting confused. If you using the same user account on your pc to make a new ebay account because the previous one was suspended, then you must clear flash cookies and cookies. If you open a new user account on your computer you don't have to delete them, because they are stored separate. Once you are selling with an account you never delete them.
Old 04-24-2009
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%

Aye, I tend to confuse people.

Use user accounts on your computer for each ebay account you have, you shouldn't have this problem anymore.

As for IP, no proxies ever..
Old 04-24-2009
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
Aye, I tend to confuse people.

Use user accounts on your computer for each ebay account you have, you shouldn't have this problem anymore.

As for IP, no proxies ever..
Maybe refer to "user accounts on your computer" as Windows Logins. The ones you find at the first blue screen when you boot up.

I keeps seeing this referred to differently, and it sometimes befuddles me.

For me, and account is something I have with somebody else. My ebay account. My PP account. My bank account.

I don't have an account on my own computer - BECAUSE IT IS MINE! I have a login. Actually I have several.

Maybe if we try using that phraseology?
Old 04-24-2009

I don't think its a big deal.. WE all know what we are talking about here.
Old 04-24-2009
Vicvelcro

I was kindof looking at it from a newer-user perspective. It's a lot to soak up on short notice. So it probably looks a lot like this, to them: newebayaccountnewpaypalaccountgoodphonenumbertorec eiveverificationcallbereadytofaxthingsdeletecookie snowbutdonotdeletecookieslatermakeanewuseraccountd onotuseauctivarightawaydonotsellverogetamerchantac countblahblahblah

I'm thinking that maybe making it more clear what is meant by new user account - it might help people. 'New User Account' is kind of general, at first glance...

That's all I was getting at. (and if you look closely, you might see evidence of beer consumption when I tried posting earlier. it made sense at the time)

Last edited by Vicvelcro; 04-24-2009 at 03:59 PM.
Old 04-24-2009

Well, even though you may be 'politically correct' I'd say 'a new user account' is less confusing to someone technically challenged as I am, than tech. expression 'different windows log in'. People would ask 'what different windows log in? I always log into widows.' See what I mean.. but that's just me..........Besides, this crowd here, including me, shuffles accounts all the time, so its understood faster. LOL!
Old 04-24-2009
Executive [VIP]

User accounts is aspkin-speak for our purposes. It has worked since the forum started. No need for change
Old 04-24-2009
Vicvelcro

Old 04-24-2009
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%

Lol... it took me a solid 5 minutes to figure out what to call it.. and I came up with user accounts on your computer.. Lol..

I think it makes sense.. and if someone doesn't understand it then we beat them.

||

A user account is a collection of information that tells Windows what files and folders you can access, what changes you can make to the computer, and your personal preferences, such as your desktop background or color theme. User accounts make it so that you can share a computer with several people, but still have your own files and settings. Each person accesses their user account with a user name and password.

||

Vista calls them User Accounts as well.
Old 04-24-2009
Executive [VIP]

aspkin, vicvelcro is now converted to the true way.
Old 04-25-2009
Threadstarter  

@ Aspkin - lol, I like that. But please don't beat me up. lol. I have adapted and and fully with it now. Honest.