Where Did I Go Wrong (eBay Account Suspended) - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > eBay Tracking

eBay Tracking General discussions on eBay tracking, account linking, IP address, user accounts and more.

Old 10-24-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 32%
Cool Where Did I Go Wrong (eBay Account Suspended)

Hey Everyone.

Pertinent info, I think, is that I am trying to use eBay Stealth to make a legitimate, long term account. I'm not looking to burn accounts or do anything weird. I want an account I can use long term and build a brand around again.

I grabbed eBay Stealth and, I think, followed it to the point.

-New Laptop, with new User.
-IPBurger
-Middle Name + Last Name
-New Address
-New Phone Number
-New Bank Account
-New Credit Card
-New Pictures with a new camera.
-Different Titles, Descriptions, etc.

Listed the items. Started getting sales. Mailed them out, uploaded tracking. Even got an eBay store!

After about a week and I think 5 positive reviews, I got this email:

SUBJECT:
Your eBay Account has been suspended.

BODY:
After reviewing your eBay account, recent activity has raised serious security concerns. As a result, we've taken the following action on your account:
- Your eBay account has been suspended indefinitely.
- Item listings have been removed. A list of removed items is available further down in this email.

You won't be able to use eBay in any way. This includes using another existing account or registering a new account. Any outstanding selling fees are due immediately, and any amounts that you haven't previously disputed will be charged to the billing method currently on file.

We've taken this precaution to protect our members while we make sure that the activity doesn't cause harm -- however unintentionally -- to the eBay community.
Here are the listings we removed:

I thought I was free and clear! The ONLY thing I can think of is the following:

1) I made the mistake of making it a business account, and the address was a virtual office address (that I used for a previous account... but I would have thought they have probably hundreds of accounts with that address. If not thousands!

2) I MIGHT have used an EIN that was used for an old account... One that I had made WITHOUT stealth-- so even though it wasnt the original account, it was linked to the original account and then subsequently banned... and burned. But I'm not 100%.

3) The items I sell (legitimately sell, I'm not doing anything sketchy) are low value -- about 15-25 dollars each. However, they are in a high value category, because they are used on those items. For example, imagine selling... I dont know.. Louis Vuitton Cleaner. Maybe that got me flagged? It had only been about 1 month since the account was opened. Maybe a bit less.

My MAIN concern is that I am scared that my specific ITEMS have been flagged as high risk, since I am the only person selling them? I know that in my discussions people say that this is not the case... but I'm worried it is?

Am I nuts? Do I need to worry?

Thank you all for your help!

Last edited by BHWGuy; 10-24-2018 at 03:03 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-24-2018
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,548 Times in 2,201 Posts
Activity: 53%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: Where Did I Go Wrong (eBay Account Suspended)

First thing, use the code on the eBay Stealth in this forum so you can get a free 6mo VIP access.
The Following User Says Thank You to SaiJin For This Useful Post:
Toy25 (01-13-2020)
Old 10-24-2018
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 63%

Only thing you can do is call them from the number used to create the account. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain. When you call, remember to play nice and stupid. Hopefully you can get it back. Pay no attention to it saying indefinitely. These are cookie cutter messages.
Old 10-24-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Oh man, you made several mistakes..

1) You should not have added a bank account or an EIN to your Paypal until at least around the 150 sales mark. That way you would have had an opportunity to see if this kind of thing was going to happen, and you wouldn't have had to burn your bank account/EIN.

2) Using an EIN on another PP account is a surefire way to get your accounts linked at tax time, when 1099k's are sent out. It would not normally cause any issues on the eBay side though.

3) Don't use any kind of shared address. Especially not the same one you've used on other accounts.

4) (This is what I think got you kicked off) Don't jump into selling your low-value accessories for high-value items right off the bat. It's still high risk since you're presumably naming the high-value item in the title/description. To really build up a strong account you need to sell low-value/low-risk for at least the first couple of weeks.

5) Always start with a personal account and upgrade later for the reasons in point #1.

Also just out of curiosity, have you gone to whoer.net with your VPN connected to see what it says?
Old 10-24-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post

1) You should not have added a bank account or an EIN to your Paypal until at least around the 150 sales mark. That way you would have had an opportunity to see if this kind of thing was going to happen, and you wouldn't have had to burn your bank account/EIN.

2) Using an EIN on another PP account is a surefire way to get your accounts linked at tax time, when 1099k's are sent out. It would not normally cause any issues on the eBay side though.

3) Don't use any kind of shared address. Especially not the same one you've used on other accounts.

4) (This is what I think got you kicked off) Don't jump into selling your low-value accessories for high-value items right off the bat. It's still high risk since you're presumably naming the high-value item in the title/description. To really build up a strong account you need to sell low-value/low-risk for at least the first couple of weeks.

5) Always start with a personal account and upgrade later for the reasons in point #1.

Also just out of curiosity, have you gone to whoer.net with your VPN connected to see what it says?
Ah very good point. With regards to the Bank Account — Wouldn't I need to add the bank account to 1) Verify my account and 2) Remove funds from the account?

Solid point re: the high value title name.

I am just worried that I might be SOL and that I have no way to do this if they are going to autoban me. Though I guess if I play it safe I will eventually be free. My real concern is that I am flagged or that my item is.
Old 10-26-2018
Threadstarter  

anyone have any other ideas?
Old 10-30-2018

Longevity: 43%

what'd you sell?
digital?

digital can cause a lot of problems..
Old 10-30-2018

stealth guide clearly states to add bank account. Either that info is wrong or the info here is??
Old 10-31-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,370 Times in 1,528 Posts
Activity: 30%
Longevity: 85%

Loads of members on here operate stealth accounts without ever adding a bank account. It isn't advisable and is a lot harder to do these days but it's still possible.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ebayorbust For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (10-31-2018)
Old 11-01-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebayorbust View Post
Loads of members on here operate stealth accounts without ever adding a bank account. It isn't advisable and is a lot harder to do these days but it's still possible.
In the UK you cannot withdraw funds without a bank account though??
Old 11-03-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,370 Times in 1,528 Posts
Activity: 30%
Longevity: 85%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyboucher View Post
In the UK you cannot withdraw funds without a bank account though??
That's correct.

Whilst other methods can be used to "cash out" a Paypal account, the cheapest and most reliable way is to withdraw to a bank account.
Old 11-03-2018
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyboucher View Post
stealth guide clearly states to add bank account. Either that info is wrong or the info here is??
What I do is see if the account is going to survive the first $200-$300 in payments before I even think about adding a bank account. After that point, I may or may not add a bank. There are more than one ways to skin a cat.
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
Checkmate. (11-03-2018)
Old 12-13-2018

Longevity: 31%

Quote:
What I do is see if the account is going to survive the first $200-$300 in payments before I even think about adding a bank account. After that point, I may or may not add a bank. There are more than one ways to skin a cat.
great info, ill keep that in mind!
Old 12-28-2018

Longevity: 42%

Quote:
Hi there! 200-300$ on paypal before adding the bank account.. My question is when u create ebay acc , do you verify it with paypal ? Is your paypal without credit card and bank account ?
Old 12-28-2018
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by magram12 View Post
Hi there! 200-300$ on paypal before adding the bank account.. My question is when u create ebay acc , do you verify it with paypal ? Is your paypal without credit card and bank account ?
I'll usually add a card when I make the PP account, and then maybe add a bank later.

VBA's used to be a verification option but I never really used them. (In my experience) I was able to make my accounts strong enough with just a card to do everything I need.
Old 12-28-2018

Longevity: 42%

Quote:
I'll usually add a card when I make the PP account, and then maybe add a bank later.

VBA's used to be a verification option but I never really used them. (In my experience) I was able to make my accounts strong enough with just a card to do everything I need.
Okey thanks do you sell your stuff on personal or business acount ? What are u using to pass the fees thing to be able to list Items ? Paypal or credit card ?
Old 01-02-2019

Longevity: 30%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebayorbust View Post
How is it possible to operate stealth account s without adding a bank account?
Do you mean physical bank account?
Old 01-02-2019

Longevity: 30%

OP imo you were too fast paced with your selling. A new seller does not behave the way you behaved with that account (possibly)
1. Make newbie mistakes on that account
2. Search for random stuff for a few days
3. Buy some items
After 2 weeks, start to sell
Old 01-04-2019

Longevity: 35%

Quote:

could i sell a new SSD for 40-70 dollars or would that be too much?

or should i start with 5-10 dollar items?

thank you