Take a minute and go update your Ebay Preferences. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > eBay Tracking

eBay Tracking General discussions on eBay tracking, account linking, IP address, user accounts and more.

Old 01-31-2019

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 40%
Default Take a minute and go update your Ebay Preferences.

I know this sounds unnecessary, but it would serve us all well to go to the Ebay Preferences tab, and go through (and read) the options under both Site Preferences AND advertising preferences.

Not only do they change more often than we realize, they are getting OBNOXIOUSLY aggressive in allowing themselves access. It used to be "don't use the iphone/ipad app" because an app gives permissions to sites that they don't have in standard browsers, but hidden away in the "advertising preferences" I noticed in the things you can turn off some small print that clearly states that if not turned off you give them permission to collect information about your browser, other sites you visit, etc etc etc... the usual suspects.... AND ALSO YOUR MACHINE AND YOUR GEOLOCATION. I'm sure if they specify the permissions, and they have them, then it's going to gather more than just some sloppy general Mac/PC and what state you're in stuff.

I'm sure they still find ways to collect info outside of what you know about and/or can opt out of, but when they have specific permission (by user cluelessness) you bet your britches that they are going to harvest anything you don't say "no" to.

I only recently noticed this (yesterday) and was SHOCKED at the permissions they give themselves by default. I bet not even 2% of their users have any idea that they have these permissions OK'd on their machines and accounts and maybe for a lot of people it's only a matter of general privacy and background programs running, but for the folks here I bet it's only going to help to go in and check what settings are new, what is able to be opted out of, and to set them where you want them to be.

Not only do they put some of the lesser important ones under "site preferences" so you think you clicked all the boxes you care about, but the really invasive ones they hide as a misdirection under "advertising preferences". Once you find them, it will be easier the next time you look, and should be a part of every stealth account set up.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-31-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 34%
Default Re: Take a minute and go update your Ebay Preferences.

Hear you dude. I know you can turn W10 updates off but if you dont the stupid OS will wake your computer up and update itself in the middle of the night even if you select 'update later'. That's way too personal.