eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Tracking (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tracking/)
-   -   Using separate Windows accounts, do you still need to change your IP? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tracking/13404-using-separate-windows-accounts-do-you-still-need-change-your-ip.html)

ibanez13 09-13-2009 06:07 PM

Using separate Windows accounts, do you still need to change your IP?

When using separate Windows accounts, do you still need to change your IP address every time you log in to a different account? For example, if I log into account 1, do I need to change my IP to log into account 2 and then again to log back into account 1?

philly387 09-13-2009 06:16 PM

Yes you do need to change your ip address.

ibanez13 09-13-2009 06:25 PM

Every time I do that, I get "You are using an unrecognized computer." Then I have to talk to live help to confirm my identity. I am not clearing my cookies or anything, since it's on a different Windows account. The only thing changing is the IP address.

philly387 09-13-2009 07:29 PM

That's hard to believe. I have never had a problem before. There is no way that is possible due to the fact of quite a few people using Dial-up which you get a new ip everytime. And that means there would have be A TON of ebay employees constantly doing the same thing with every user that has dial-up. It has something to do with cookies I would say.

TGMT² 09-13-2009 07:33 PM

It is possible you need flash loaded on your user accounts.

Read somewhere of someone else having the same problem without flash.

RobFagles 09-17-2009 11:28 PM

What did the error message explicitly say?

moloko 09-18-2009 11:37 AM

What do you mean flash loaded? I think it should be installed and you dont have do that on separate accounts.

ibanez13 09-18-2009 06:25 PM

I upgraded to Firefox 3.5.3, and as soon as it opened, it say I needed to update Flash. Once I did that, I never got the error again.

Juicyas 09-19-2009 09:09 AM

I lived in a complex witih about 4 people who sold on ebay. The complex 'let out' internet to the tenants so most of the time we were sharing IPs.

When my account went down so did another persons (we were the only real heavy users of ebay) but I later realised that this was more likely because we had logged in to our ebay/paypals on each other's computers occasionally and even shared a paypal once due to a limitation on one.

What I realised a year later was that the other people who never used the same pcs (cookies etc), their accounts are still working.

I know IP could be used to confirm linking, but I think it's less likely to be the linking factor as everyone knows you could get unlucky and end up with a banned IP just from your ISP.

I remember when I first signed up on aspkin there was talk of people doing experiments to find out once and for all if IP linking could be a reason to get accounts linked but I never heard the outcome.

Opinions?

moloko 09-22-2009 03:23 AM

I am just preparing to use this method and will give the details maybe 2-3 weeks later.

waterproof 09-27-2009 01:42 PM

:yar: Philly387 is correct! If you are going from one User Account to another User Account, assuming you are logging into each Stealth Ebay/Paypal account within the User Account, then YES you will have to change your IP each time.

Aspkin had PM'd the following to me. It may help you or someone else who reads this thread.... "If you have a router, change the mac address on your router, reset your broadband modem and you should have a new IP. Or just get dialup."

Now, if you have a seperate User Account, for Stealth only, with only 1 Ebay and 1 Paypal, you can go into any other User Accounts for whatever reason, BUT if you decide that you need to log into that specific Ebay/Paypal account, change the IP!

Good Luck!

moloko 09-27-2009 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waterproof (Post 105595)
Aspkin had PM'd the following to me. It may help you or someone else who reads this thread.... "If you have a router, change the mac address on your router, reset your broadband modem and you should have a new IP. Or just get dialup."
Good Luck!

Just make me :bounce: it all depends on ISP where are different policies and for example in Lithuania where is no chance you will get new IP just changing mac. IT ALL DEPENDS ON ISP AND THEYR POLICIES.

aspkin 09-27-2009 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moloko (Post 105602)
Just make me :bounce: it all depends on ISP where are different policies and for example in Lithuania where is no chance you will get new IP just changing mac. IT ALL DEPENDS ON ISP AND THEYR POLICIES.

Right it depends on your ISP.. most members in the US have dynamic IP address in which this will work. If your IP is static.. you're screwed. :)

Dialup for you. :tears:

moloko 09-28-2009 01:03 AM

I suggest use wireless pcmci usb cards with plans because it is dhcp 100% no matter there you live.