[Support Request] How would someone safely pass on their eBay account to me? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > eBay Tracking

eBay Tracking General discussions on eBay tracking, account linking, IP address, user accounts and more.

Old 04-08-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 26%
Question [Support Request] How would someone safely pass on their eBay account to me?

{Topic}

I have a friend that's willing to give me an old selling account of his.
It doesn't include the PayPal, so I will be creating my own.

What are the things that need to be done, and the steps need to be taken in order to safely have the account passed over?

So far this is what I've come up with that he needs to do on his end.
Change:

1. Name & Email Address
2. Postal Address
3. Phone Number
4. The Payment Method for the Fees

Anything else need to be changed?
Would it better to have my PayPay verified to the account before he passes it over?

Now, here's what I'm afraid of,... once I access the account from my new browser, and IP Burger IP, could the account possibly be flagged and suspended for (what it may seem like in the eyes of eBay) the account was "hacked" and being accessed from an unusual location & IP?

Last edited by Ghost0; 04-08-2020 at 01:47 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-08-2020
Threadstarter  

Default Re: [Support Request] How would someone safely pass on their eBay account to me?

Makes sense to me. Unfortunately, i don't know this person very personally.
For his safety, this is why we would like to change out the personal info.

Now, I've yet to actually purchase an already made and verified eBay Stealth account. If I do, is it standard protocol that the information already associated to the account isn't changed out?
(The PayPal, I understand. That's why eBay accounts for sale come with one)

Any other recommendations per my situation?

Last edited by Ghost0; 04-08-2020 at 02:32 AM.
Old 04-08-2020

Thanked 1,109 Times in 1,045 Posts
Activity: 91%
Longevity: 33%
Default Re: [Support Request] How would someone safely pass on their eBay account to me?

mass changes to an Ebay account would set off alarm on Ebay,name,address,phone etc .
You can set up another Ebay account with his being the prime ,many sellers have multiple Ebay accounts for sell,buy,chat,browse etc.
see if this is doable.
as for Paypal,soon MP will be mandatory for all Ebay sellers..
Old 04-08-2020
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 53%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost0 View Post
{Topic}

I have a friend that's willing to give me an old selling account of his.
It doesn't include the PayPal, so I will be creating my own.

What are the things that need to be done, and the steps need to be taken in order to safely have the account passed over?

So far this is what I've come up with that he needs to do on his end.
Change:

1. Name & Email Address
2. Postal Address
3. Phone Number
4. The Payment Method for the Fees

Anything else need to be changed?
Would it better to have my PayPay verified to the account before he passes it over?

Now, here's what I'm afraid of,... once I access the account from my new browser, and IP Burger IP, could the account possibly be flagged and suspended for (what it may seem like in the eyes of eBay) the account was "hacked" and being accessed from an unusual location & IP?
Does that eBay account have his PP already attached to it?
Old 04-08-2020

I think you'll be OK if you leave the name. Everything else could be reasonably changed since those details can change all the time but changing the name would look very suspicious.

Last edited by Aviatrix; 04-08-2020 at 12:09 PM.
Old 04-08-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
Does that eBay account have his PP already attached to it?
Yes, but it's also a PayPal that he has had exclusively attached to it. They've both been just dummy and dormant accounts for some time.

His main selling accounts (both eBay & PayPal) have nothing to do with this account.

What's your take on it SaiJin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviatrix View Post
I think you'll be OK if you leave the name. Everything else could be reasonably changed since those details can change all the time but changing the name would look very suspicious.
I agree. These things can change through the course of ones life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
do you mean linking your stealth Paypal to his Ebay account ?
Yes. Before i gain access to it. I'll setup the new PayPal myself.
Old 04-09-2020
Super Moderator

Because if he already has his PP attached to it specially for a long time, it's not really wise to change PP accounts.

Changes to the account can and usually will flag the account
Old 04-09-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
Because if he already has his PP attached to it specially for a long time, it's not really wise to change PP accounts.

Changes to the account can and usually will flag the account
It's a risk I might have to take, however, possibly I might be able to take over the PayPal account as well. Maybe there was no gov issued info associated with it and it should be safe for him to pass it over as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
I dont understand why people want to buy or use other people account OR why anyone will give his account to someone else?
It just open a can of worms,IRS can subpoena ebay and Paypal accounts,so can the states,so can any law enforcement agencies.
Not to mention with AI face and voice recognition,passport,driver license,SSN ,they can tell you are an imposter.
HOLY CRAP MAN!!! This forum was created because people are seeking solutions on how to be able to sell on eBay again. I created this thread because I have that opportunity, and am seeking guidance on what's the best thing I can do per my situation.

YET, here you come in with your trust issues, being SOOOO paranoid about the situation, looking for problems instead of solutions.

GEEZUS!! Excuse yourself from my thread if you can't help. Try going outside to the park or something. Hopefully you don't do anything idiotic that enforcement might grow suspicious of you with COVID going on. But before you do, take your prozac pills. Better yet, take 2 or 3.

NOW GO!!! 🥾

Last edited by Ghost0; 04-09-2020 at 01:30 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ghost0 For This Useful Post:
appleip1 (04-13-2020), Aviatrix (04-09-2020)
Old 04-12-2020
Super Moderator

Id talk with your friend and see if you can take over the PP.
Get him to change the Bank and CC info with yours.

This is what I'd do personally.
The Following User Says Thank You to SaiJin For This Useful Post:
appleip1 (04-13-2020)
Old 04-16-2020

Longevity: 76%

With regards to a name change, in the real world, when a couple marry, often the surname changes, but perhaps a full change of name, might be a major red flag.