Canvas and WebGL Issue in VMs - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > eBay Tracking

eBay Tracking General discussions on eBay tracking, account linking, IP address, user accounts and more.

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 23%
Lightbulb Canvas and WebGL Issue in VMs

Hello everyone!
I would like to present a topic about Canvas and WebGL issue inside VMs. So I have recently been playing with different VirtualBox VMs to test its reliability in changing your fingerprint. While VMs do give you a lot of flexibility to change many of the known fingerprints and it's only second to buying a new PC in terms of being natural, Canvas and WebGL do remain the most notable issues.

As far as the WebGL goes, it turns out that VirtualBox does not supply a graphic card to your virtual machine, and even if it did, the unmasked renderer would have the name "VirtualBox" in it, which would instantly detect your usage of a VM. As long as your VM does not have a GPU, the browser will use CPU to render WebGL. If you use Chrome, the unmasked renderer will show as "Google SwiftShader", and if you use Microsoft Edge or FireFox, the unmasked renderer will have the name "Microsoft" in it because Windows will handle the WebGL.

If everyone who runs a VM now checks their WebGL fingerprint on the same browser, everyone will have the same exact hash. And this is not good. The good news however is that real PCs that do not have GPUs will also act exactly the same, producing the same exact WebGL hash. But let's be honest, there are not so many of those computers around any more.

And as far as the Canvas goes, I always seemed to get the same exact hash on the same browser even on different versions of Windows. Using different browsers will indeed change the Canvas hash, but that's only a finite option. I tested both Windows 10 and Windows 8.1 and they both gave me the same exact Canvas hash when checked on the same browser.

I also need to mention that you have to allocate some good resources to your VM to decrease the chance of being detected. Allocating 2 CPU cores and 4GB of RAM would be good enough. Set the network adaptor to "Bridged mode" to give you natural local IPs. Use common screen resolutions and don't change it after that. Don't use it in full-screen mode because you will expose your real screen resolution. These are just some recommendations to appear more natural.

I will present my findings below and I encourage everyone else to do some tests of their own and share the results with us here. The point is to understand how likely will we be detected to be using VM based on Canvas and WebGL alone. If we can find enough number of normal PCs having the same Canvas and WebGL hashes as our VMs, then we would have some reassurance not to be very worried.

You can check your Canvas fingerprint here:
https://browserleaks.com/canvas

You can check your WebGL fingerprint here:
https://browserleaks.com/webgl

These were my findings:
Real PC (having GPU) running Windows 10 and Chrome:
Canvas: EAC99711
WebGL Unmasked Renderer: ANGLE (Intel HD Graphics ....)

Real PC (lacking GPU) running Windows 8.1 and Chrome:
Canvas: AF64A685
WebGL Unmasked Renderer: Google SwiftShader
WebGL Report Hash: F5FD97558E305AB07E7939E109183DC6
WebGL Image Hash: 15C2CD008A6BFD6DD3D02FD2B7EB3F14

VirtualBox running Windows 10 and Chrome:
Canvas: 0F5265AA

VirtualBox running Windows 8.1 and Chrome:
Canvas: 0F5265AA

Does anyone have a real PC with the same Canvas and WebGL hashes as a virtual machine? Please present your findings in this thread. Thank you!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-11-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,920 Times in 8,212 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: Canvas and WebGL Issue in VMs

Slice and dice
Old 04-11-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinsoldier View Post
I bet you want users to do some research and share their findings!

This is nothing more than an attempt to get suckers here to do unpaid work to find out where the flaws are in your Skameleo software?

I'll give you this, you're persistent.

You'll make a fine surgeon if you're putting this much effort into your medical studies.
I have reported you for trolling. Hopefully they will do something about you, loser!
Old 04-11-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinsoldier View Post
Look, when you've qualified from medical school this will all be a distant memory as you'll have no need to worry about your Amazon gift card wheeze, or whatever tale is was you concocted.

I was willing to give your Skameleo defence a fair crack of the whip at first but your persistent badgering of this forum to assist you fix it (I now believe slokor when he says it's flawed) and the strange decision to belittle the forum owners IP solutions had made we think otherwise.

If the moderators decide to ban me for 'trolling' you I'd imagine you'll be right behind me. Just don't try and use Skameleo to create a new account, they'll spot you a mile away!
The moderators clearly don't seem to have any policy against troll, which goes to explain the true nature of this forum. Good luck to you! You will not get anywhere with your personal attacks. It's disgusting when I think of it! Is this your best way of communication after your 'years' of experience?

Just FYI - I don't give a damn about Kameleo or however you'd like to call it! I just feel sorry for you to start putting out personal attacks against me as your last hope to win a debate. I also feel more sorry for the forum owners who fail to react to such personal attacks. And I feel the most sorry for the average forum members who are being mislead left and right on this forum by the so called "senior" members.

Good luck to you and please feel free to continue ****ting on the forum as I don't give a damn about anything on this forum anymore! You have indeed succeeded in showing the true hostile nature of this forum. Everyone here should be helpful to each other as we all have one goal in common - that is to fight tracking systems! I'm a proud senior medical student who also happens to have interest in technology and computer science. When you can't be helpful, just be silent instead. The negativity you bring out will not help anyone!

PS: This thread was about VirtualBox, you pathetic fool! I have now given up on Kameleo as I don't have much of a use for it to justify the cost. I was researching on VirtualBox and guess what? I found that there can be real PCs with the same Canvas and WebGL hash as VirtualBox VMs however small the number might be. So I will just take the risk of being detected to use a VM over the cost of Kameleo any day. I posted this thread in the hopes of finding more real PCs with the same Canvas and WebGL hash as VMs to be more certain that VMs can indeed be used to fight off tracking effectively, and as a result we would avoid using anti-detect softwares such as Kameleo. You're just a troll idiot who fails to understand any logic!

Why don't you instead bring us some examples of real PCs having the same Canvas and WebGL hash as VMs so that we can all agree that VMs can do what we all want - to avoid being tracked that is? Can't you add just a little value to this thread by doing that for us please?? Instead, you choose to start personal attacks against me, you idiot?

Now you can either answer the survey as intended and add some value to the discussion, or you can continue to **** on the thread, which I wouldn't mind either way because the mods here are just as crooked as you!
Old 04-11-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,198 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 31%
Longevity: 63%

I simply dont understand why you are so bent on making everything so much more complicated than it needs to be...

Just use separate user accounts. That is perfectly fine for eBay and PayPal. The amount of time you have spent trying to argue a case for a service that doesn't work in 'Kameleo' you could easily have just paid for the service and used it to make profit enough to cover the cost.

With RE to personal attacks. Honestly I think your being a little sensitive. You have given as good as you got. You can always put members on block though if you don't like what they are saying.
Old 04-11-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 View Post
I simply dont understand why you are so bent on making everything so much more complicated than it needs to be...

Just use separate user accounts. That is perfectly fine for eBay and PayPal. The amount of time you have spent trying to argue a case for a service that doesn't work in 'Kameleo' you could easily have just paid for the service and used it to make profit enough to cover the cost.

With RE to personal attacks. Honestly I think your being a little sensitive. You have given as good as you got. You can always put members on block though if you don't like what they are saying.
Separate user accounts share the same fingerprint. Thanks for giving everyone here the most detrimental advice for fighting tracking systems. While that may have worked in the past, it is no longer a viable option! Are you blind to the fact that everyone's new accounts are being suspended? Fingerprint tracking is certainly something that's being used by security systems. You would be delusional to think otherwise.

Anyway, I rest my case here. Obviously you don't want people to pay attention to fingerprint tracking because it's apparently not mentioned in your 'stealth guide'. I feel sorry for the many people who have lost their accounts by following the biased advice provided on this forum. I wonder how many people have lost their accounts by using the datacenter IPs that you sell them. It's also no wonder that many people will continue to lose their accounts by following your advice to dismiss fingerprint tracking! I feel sorry for them. Good luck to you guys though for generating more sales and burning your community! Just because you don't sell something doesn't mean that it's not right. Feel free to ban my account and shadow the truth, I don't care.
Old 04-11-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,198 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 31%
Longevity: 63%

You just don't listen to what anyone says.....

By your own admission you are very new to all of this so dropping the 'I know it all' attitude will help you go a long way. You may actually learn a few things in the long run.

Last edited by JamesNorth101; 04-11-2020 at 01:04 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to JamesNorth101 For This Useful Post:
bjammin (04-11-2020)
Old 04-11-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 14%
Longevity: 91%

From someone who has USED the service: Kameleo is CRAP. Kameleo is GARBAGE. Kameleo does NOT work for stealth.
Separate windows user accounts will NOT shar the same fingerprint if you change one single aspect - such as font, font size, resolution or one of dozens of other factors. EASILY done. As someone who opens a LOT of accounts and loses NONE of them I can attest to the success of that methodology - as opposed to your RUDE comments implying otherwise.
SrTrader - You are RUDE. you are OBNOXIOUS. You are hereby reported for trolling and promoting of the kameleo service despite knowing full well it is NOT beneficial and is rather detrimental to stealth. You refer to the stealth guide yet have obviously not purchased it. You claim to have so much knowledge of Kameleo yet state you never used their service. On all level YOU are FULL OF CRAP.
Keep it up and youll get your a$$ banned.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slokor For This Useful Post:
bjammin (04-11-2020), robjobs (05-21-2023)
Old 04-11-2020
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

Reported thread.

Thread closed due to abuse towards other member(s).

8. We do not tolerate ANY abuse towards members of the forum. Offenders will be warned and then banned if excessive abuse continues. That includes name calling, racial slurs, derogatory comments, etc.

https://www.aspkin.com/forums/faq.php