Stealth account banned - All new details vpn and new laptop. Ebay knew my location - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 10-22-2021

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 14%
Default Stealth account banned - All new details vpn and new laptop. Ebay knew my location

Hi,

My brother set up an account I could use with his name and bank details. We used a VPN and was using a different computer so flash cookies wouldn't be a problem. Still got banned. I checked my location before setting up the ebay account and it showed me to be in a different location but ebay still knew where I was. How is this? What did we do wrong?? I was just going to lay low for a while and just sell one or two things maybe books or something so as not to bring attention to myself for selling the same item. I still have no idea why my first account was banned. Ebay never told me. Has anyone got any ideas? Its so frustrating and I am wondering if I will ever be able to use ebay again.
The Following User Says Thank You to Liz777 For This Useful Post:
Muksit Ahmed (01-29-2023)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-22-2021

Longevity: 20%
Default Re: Stealth account banned - All new details vpn and new laptop. Ebay knew my locatio

You used a VPN you should have used your cellphone to tether.
Old 10-23-2021

Longevity: 25%
Default Re: Stealth account banned - All new details vpn and new laptop. Ebay knew my locatio

you posted this on your introduction thread. welcome to the forums
Old 10-23-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forum OP - all the best as you master stealth

Which VPN did you use?
Old 10-23-2021
Threadstarter  

rsot I used protonvpn the free version. I had cyberghost but that was completely blocking me from accessing the internet. So I went with proton VPN and was using the free version until I got my refund from cyberghost. With protonvpn free you only had one choice of country which wasn't my own. When my stealth account was banned ebay sent me an email saying my real location on it. Any ideas what went wrong? I'm not tech savvy so this is all new. I thought by using a vpn, a different laptop and all different details this would do the job. Obviously not. How did ebay know where I was though? Thanks for your reply.
Old 10-23-2021
Threadstarter  

DENDEN76 My phone doesn't have internet access. Would a dongle or hotspot work? Do you know how ebay knew my location?
Old 10-23-2021
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz777 View Post
rsot I used protonvpn the free version. I had cyberghost but that was completely blocking me from accessing the internet. So I went with proton vpn and was using the free version until I got my refund from cyberghost. With protonvpn free you only had one choice of country which wasn't my own. When my stealth account was banned ebay sent me an email saying my real location on it. Any ideas what went wrong? I'm not tech savvy so this is all new. I thought by using a vpn, a different laptop and all different details this would do the job. Obviously not. How did ebay know where I was though? Thanks for your reply.
Free VPN are not good at all - too many times these are easily identifiable by eb and flagged for use. Why not use a regular source of IP like Residential IP or mobile cellphone as a hotspot? Dongle would work better as an example
Old 10-23-2021

Longevity: 32%
Send a message via Skype™ to newstart123

Quote:
Hi,

My brother set up an account I could use with his name and bank details. We used a VPN and was using a different computer so flash cookies wouldn't be a problem. Still got banned. I checked my location before setting up the ebay account and it showed me to be in a different location but ebay still knew where I was. How is this? What did we do wrong?? I was just going to lay low for a while and just sell one or two things maybe books or something so as not to bring attention to myself for selling the same item. I still have no idea why my first account was banned. Ebay never told me. Has anyone got any ideas? Its so frustrating and I am wondering if I will ever be able to use ebay again.
it may be low quality vpn
The Following User Says Thank You to newstart123 For This Useful Post:
agent006140 (01-15-2023)
Old 10-23-2021

Longevity: 20%

Dongle should work but now that you've been banned already it wont be as simple as the first time round
Old 10-25-2021

Longevity: 61%

does Verizon cell phone hotspot always give you different IP address? if im using hotspot for internet connection to my laptop then I shouldn't need a vpn or Residential IP correct?
Old 10-26-2021
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthmons View Post
does Verizon cell phone hotspot always give you different IP address? if im using hotspot for internet connection to my laptop then I shouldn't need a vpn or Residential IP correct?
Should give you a different IP with each on/off sequence
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
stealthmons (10-26-2021)
Old 10-26-2021

Longevity: 61%

thanks rsot. the constantly changing ip won't raise any red flags by Ebay then?

im wanting to use a new Ebay account with a relatives info (all legit) on my same laptop that had been previously used with a suspended account. I understand all the other stealth tactics (using all new info)..

just wanting to make sure ill be good to go with 1. new eBay account with all legit info (identity not previously linked to suspension) 2. using mobile hotspot as connection. 3. new user account on same laptop that had been used with an account that got permanently suspended.

thanks a ton for your reply. after 4+ years away from eBay your a life saver.

Last edited by stealthmons; 10-26-2021 at 12:17 PM.
Old 10-27-2021
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 53%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
rsot I used protonvpn the free version. I had cyberghost but that was completely blocking me from accessing the internet. So I went with proton vpn and was using the free version until I got my refund from cyberghost. With protonvpn free you only had one choice of country which wasn't my own. When my stealth account was banned ebay sent me an email saying my real location on it. Any ideas what went wrong? I'm not tech savvy so this is all new. I thought by using a vpn, a different laptop and all different details this would do the job. Obviously not. How did ebay know where I was though? Thanks for your reply.
You can't use that VPN......

Have you also read the stealth guide?
Old 01-10-2023

Longevity: 7%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Should give you a different IP with each on/off sequence
I had account get banned using a mobile Hotspot. I wonder if it was the constant change in ip address. I wonder if op used the app or the web browser and if the web browser he used to open old info or an old Google account from a banned Google account.
Old 01-10-2023
Executive [VIP]

banned just due to the mobile hotspot is odd - there is usually other factors at play...
Old 01-10-2023

Quote:
banned just due to the mobile hotspot is odd - there is usually other factors at play...
Verizon has these black wifi to go boxes. New gmail..new name ..new ssn...new everyting...2 days without doing anything ..permanent ban ...??? New phone ..only used it for that account.
Old 01-11-2023
Executive [VIP]

and you had not listed anything?
Old 01-12-2023

Quote:
and you had not listed anything?
Nope ..new phone and everything . However I'll tell you what was different this time when I logged in from a browser on the phone and showed my location (as in state) not exact location i think. Cause it is a wireless mifi not connected to a Residential IP wifi ..unless they have a GPS monitor cause I was at banned from 2 accounts previously at the location...but I kept location off. So I figured by wild guess that they do soft checks on the account ssn credit report and since the persons account I used was from a different state might have explained why the chat rep asked me security questions like a bank...5 security questions like credit info. Like have I ever banked here..or do I know this person and have I ever resided at this address? Which I had no clue I needed so I pulled the credit report. You can pull a credit report on annual free credit report.com Google it. U just has to wipe cache if wrong and try again till you get the sequence of questions right. At least thats how it used to be...Most of the time the answer is no
Old 01-12-2023

You think they hinted on the out of state deal for that profile because if that's the case they are using a whole new system to very of us...maybe when they bought their own banking system they use it to verify accounts better.
Old 01-12-2023
Executive [VIP]

if you reused a ssn identification on creation...that could be the link resulting in ban - if i'm reading what you wrote correctly...
Old 01-12-2023

Quote:
if you reused a ssn identification on creation...that could be the link resulting in ban - if i'm reading what you wrote correctly...
I was saying that when I connected through the phones browser I gave off my state location. Being that I'm in a different state than where the profile ssn owner is known 2 reside caused a suspension and a new line of questions from the ebay agent...I had to verify things like do you know this person...have you ever lived at this address and have you ever banked with...blah blah all questions a bank asks to verify a person's identity

Making me think that since they updated their banking system they have access to credit files that why use to verify our location and allow them to further question us with specail security questions based of the credit file. It seems so ? I've never been asked personal questions like that before from an agent via text chat

Last edited by wallstreetjimmy; 01-12-2023 at 01:29 PM.
Old 01-15-2023

Longevity: 71%

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENDEN76 View Post
You used a vpn you should have used your cellphone to tether.
Why use phone Hotspot?