Tracking number from a different country than the item's location - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > eBay Tracking

eBay Tracking General discussions on eBay tracking, account linking, IP address, user accounts and more.

Old 11-11-2023

Activity: 17%
Longevity: 16%
Default Tracking number from a different country than the item's location

Hello, I have an account on the Egyptian eBay website. Can I add a tracking number from another country to the buyer? This means that my eBay account is Egyptian and my item address is Egypt. After selling the item, can I put a tracking number for the item from another country? Or is this against eBay policy? If it is against their policy. What is the correct way to put a tracking number for another country? When I list the item, do I put the address in the country where I put the tracking number, or is this also a violation? I want advice. thank you all. I have benefited greatly from this wonderful forum and all the members. You are all respectable and educated people. May God bless you. And in your family
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-11-2023

Activity: 3%
Longevity: 78%
Default Re: Tracking number from a different country than the item's location

You have to put on eBay the location from where the item is shipped, getting caught doing anything else is a violation of policy and could lead to a suspended account
Old 11-11-2023
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by degsey69 View Post
You have to put on eBay the location from where the item is shipped, getting caught doing anything else is a violation of policy and could lead to a suspended account
Thanks for your response, brother. So, if I put a US tracking number, I have to locate the item while listing it in America. Do you mean that? If I do that, is this considered a violation because my account is Egyptian and the location of the item will be America, or is this normal? Thank you.
Old 11-11-2023

Yes that is it, even in the USA if you have a selling address in Miami and you ship from Atlanta you have to state that, as buyers determine how long they will have to wait for delivery once shipped. I used to have 2 shipping locations one on the east coast and another on the west coast and had to state location of where the orders were being shipped from.
Old 11-11-2023

Thanked 1,133 Times in 1,068 Posts
Activity: 89%
Longevity: 33%

where is the buyer?
You can add tracking number but it would not be updated by Ebay as it assumes it is shipped from where you say the location is.
if the buyer claims he did not receive the item,then you have to show it has been delivered ,you would have to let Ebay know it is shipped from a different address with a Non Egyptian carrier.

You can also marked the item shipped without tracking number,if he files item not received,then try to show Ebay the tracking number.

Chinese sellers would list items in USA,there are 2 warehouses in USA which stock many Chinese goods and if a Chinese seller signs up,he can list pictures and ask them to do the shipping,not a problem with Ebay.
The way Ebay updates your tracking is to go to the carrier site with your tracking number and copy the status ,so for Ebay USA,depends on your tracking #,it will go to USPS,Fed Ex,UPS and DHS.
If you give them an Egyptian tracking number,they wont be able to find a match on these US carriers ,thats why I suggest you mark the item shipped and not give the tracking number.
There are cases where a seller in US uses a trucking co,it would have to tell Ebay the name of the trucking Co and if it has a website which tracks,so Ebay would go there.
But it is not going to go to a foreign post office or your local carrier .
I hope it helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maged View Post
Update: I tested the situation and found that I must put in the item details the address from which it will be shipped. Therefore, if I want to ship from the United States, I must put the item’s address as the United States while posting the item.
THen you can enter your US tracking number and Ebay can update you tracking progress.

Last edited by TGMT²; 12-13-2023 at 08:04 PM.
Old 11-11-2023
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,976 Times in 8,266 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by maged View Post
Thanks for your response, brother. So, if I put a US tracking number, I have to locate the item while listing it in America. Do you mean that? If I do that, is this considered a violation because my account is Egyptian and the location of the item will be America, or is this normal? Thank you.
doesn't sound normal if the account is in egypt...
Old 11-11-2023

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 21%

If the platform allows you to change the item location then it should be fine. If it wasn't allowed they would probably only want you to ship from Egypt. Change the item location to the USA.
Old 12-13-2023
Threadstarter  

Update: I tested the situation and found that I must put in the item details the address from which it will be shipped. Therefore, if I want to ship from the United States, I must put the item’s address as the United States while posting the item.
Old 12-13-2023

Good update, which is what I explained before, there is a work around which allows you just to put USA as the shipping location and not the specific state. The Chinese used this to be non specific as to which warehouse they were shipping from.