eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Tracking (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tracking/)
-   -   Using a cellular connection card to create accounts? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tracking/15284-using-cellular-connection-card-create-accounts.html)

Eye Candy Lingerie 03-29-2010 06:24 PM

Lol... too funny. On a side note.... I've been tethering my sprint HTC Hero to my lap top, found a great free app on the droid market for it, and seem to be getting different IPs each time too...... Haven't created any new accounts like this yet, but I'm thinking I should be ok?

First Edition 03-29-2010 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eye Candy Lingerie (Post 130943)
Lol... too funny. On a side note.... I've been tethering my sprint HTC Hero to my lap top, found a great free app on the droid market for it, and seem to be getting different IPs each time too...... Haven't created any new accounts like this yet, but I'm thinking I should be ok?

Yes, just make sure you're keeping an ip log. The droid app works great. It's free for now, but I'm sure verizon will start charging for it as soon as they figure out how. Be careful though, I don't know what you use it for.... but there is a data limit of 5GB even with the data plan on handsets. It says unlimited, but the problem is that the phone normally can't process more than 5gb even if it's on 24/7. Keep in mind, when tethered, it is quite possible to exceed that limit. But if you're not downloading, I wouldn't worry about it.

thanhho93 04-01-2010 10:13 PM

Hi everyone!
I have an Iphone with ATT plan. Im tethering to use the internet for my computer. It change the IP each time i disconnected. But those still look similar. Is that problem still good to go?
For example, i have one yesterday for. 77.134.45.94, now I have 77.134.55.68
Also, I had one ebay and paypal were suspended. I had used this kind of tethering to use with ebay and paypal but rare. The main internet connection i used a lot in those suspension account was my internet at home and I could not change the IP for some reasons.
Now, Can I use the internet tethering that I had used before with ebay and paypal? will they know who I am? Also, im living in one state, they show up the IP in another state.

lakeman 04-01-2010 10:44 PM

That is plenty of a change. All you need is one number to change. :typing:

First Edition 04-04-2010 09:59 PM

Mobile broadband always shows the ip somewhere that you are not located, usually very far away from you and the account. I don't know why... but it's never a problem.

OfficialGenius 04-04-2010 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by First Edition (Post 131886)
Mobile broadband always shows the ip somewhere that you are not located, usually very far away from you and the account. I don't know why... but it's never a problem.

Gotta love mobile broadband! :D

arsgunner77 04-05-2010 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by First Edition (Post 131886)

ya it never shows yer location,but if yer in chicago it will not show you in new york,mine usually all show from 10-50 miles,i dont think thats very far away

trashface 04-09-2010 08:14 AM

Virgin Mobile Broadband

Quote:

Originally Posted by oge (Post 127278)
Well I give up I guess this guy knows everything. I just made the switch it's well worth it. Mobile Broadband Service | Virgin Mobile
A contract is a contract has nothing to do with anything illegal. But I wanna see what Mr. know-it-all has to say about this since he can't say he's getting any more MB. No deposit No contract No cancellation fees?

I have this Virgin Mobile Novatel Broadband device, and every time I disconnect and then reconnect I still have the same IP address. whatsmyipaddress.com says the IP is static, I just want to know is this normal, and is there any way to change the IP?

First Edition 04-09-2010 08:31 PM

You'll have to call customer service. They should be able to uncheck the code in billing that gives you a static IP.

aristocrat 04-11-2010 08:09 PM

i have a verizon plan but no data plan right now. verizon says i gotta get the data plan than a tethering package that costs 30 bucks on top! any way around this? another service that does this for free?

First Edition 04-16-2010 08:15 PM

You can tether for free with the new palm devices, either the palm pre or the palm pixi. There is Droid application that will allow you to tether for free as well. Also, you can get a palm pre right now on data only for 50 bucks, and the data is 54.99 instea of 59.99 and it acts like a mobile hotspot.... the phone itself sucks, but the data connection is kind of cool

The minimum you'll have to pay is 30 a month for a smartphone, 30 extra on a blackberry unless you use dial up networking to connect (i've confirmed this works :) ) the tethering with a normal phone like a RAZR is 54.99 a month.

oge 04-16-2010 10:52 PM

Anybody ever run into a problem with tethering that the pool of ips are small and recycled?

First Edition 04-17-2010 07:38 AM

Yes, with Sprint and certain devices they only tend to give 10 to 15 ips that are recycled.

Never had an issue with Verizon. Att.... I don't use. It sucks.

oge 04-17-2010 10:24 AM

Yes this is what I experience as well. I even did a DUN with a Boost Mobile phone same ip all the time. I think because Verizon is the biggest is the reason why they have so many ips I don't know.

First Edition 04-17-2010 01:52 PM

It's the way the device is... and it's not all devices. The technology that Sprint and Verizon use are almost identical. The Sprint ip thing is weird, but I have one card that never gives the same ip with sprint, and another that will cycle through about 10 consistently.

Eye Candy Lingerie 04-23-2010 12:20 PM

I use Sprint, I have a basic HTC Hero, Droid, I use a tethering app called pdaNet. It works great, I get a different IP every time. I don't pay any extra for tethering, I'm on a plan that has unlimited data, text, pics, and all the calls I need to make, for $99. mo. Definitely a great price.

First Edition 04-23-2010 08:03 PM

That Droid app works with the Verizon and T Mobile Droids as well.... it's sweet.

FYI, it's not unlimited data. The idea is... the plan is unlimited, because the processor in the phones could not possibly go over the 5 gig limit, but when you tether, it is possible, very possible.

SteveO 04-27-2010 01:54 PM

We have Clear where I live. looking at the HTC EVO coming out in June. Hear the HSPA+ 7.2 is great in Philly. Cant wait till LTE starts rolling out in test markets. Thanks for the info, I like to tinker with the prepaid tethering systems.

SteveO 04-28-2010 12:46 AM

Anyone know if you can use the AT&T DataConnect Plan on iPhone I got their Pay as you go to work by changing the APN, but the dataconnect 5GB is a much better deal.

hpcpqcsco 04-28-2010 06:58 PM

I have used Cricket and Boost CDMA mobile web but when check the IP it was in Maryland for the Cricket and Kansas for Boost. I'm in Austin Texas, is there a problem for eBay to flag my account?

Thank you

First Edition 05-08-2010 08:25 AM

eh... it really depends.

I've been using a verizon connection card for years, and it puts my ip in kansas. I've got accounts all over the country, never been a problem.

oge 05-08-2010 02:15 PM

Hey First what type of broadband card are you using? I have the USB760 works flawlessly for about a month then I get the dreaded Error 691 and of course tech support is useless. Have you ever got the Error 691 username and password don't match?