How to change IP for AT&T U-verse services? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > eBay Tracking

eBay Tracking General discussions on eBay tracking, account linking, IP address, user accounts and more.

Old 04-28-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 81%
Default How to change IP for AT&T U-verse services?

Hi All,

Anyone here using AT&T U-verse Internet. It said Dynamic IP but the IP NEVER change no matter what I did. Unplug for 1 day and still same IP. Call tech support but nothing change with the IP.

If anyone know how to work around with this problem please share your experience.

Thank you for reading

hpcpqcsco
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-28-2010
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

Do you have U-verse as well? On the back of those HD receivers you can plug in to the internet with a Ethernet cord to your PC and you should get a different IP.

I have u-verse, but use sprint 4g card for new IPs.
Old 04-28-2010
Threadstarter  

This box is one for all, it has TV, Phone, and Internet all-in-one. There is one port come from out side of the house call service and the other 4 ports to computer. Which port you want me to plug my computer to?

Thank you
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
Do you have U-verse as well? On the back of those HD receivers you can plug in to the internet with a Ethernet cord to your PC and you should get a different IP.

Old 04-28-2010
Administrator

Do you have a different receiver for a another TV in the house? Or is that the only box you have?

Those other receivers have the extra Ethernet port that I'm talking about.
Old 04-28-2010
Threadstarter  

No, only one box.
Quote:
Do you have a different receiver for a another TV in the house? Or is that the only box you have?

Those other receivers have the extra Ethernet port that I'm talking about.
Old 04-28-2010
Administrator

Doh!

Read this: http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ip-addr...-internet.html
Old 04-28-2010
Threadstarter  

Just read that using search button. Thank you
Quote:
Old 04-29-2010

Longevity: 90%
Send a message via AIM to SevnSins Send a message via MSN to SevnSins Send a message via Yahoo to SevnSins

I had uverse a while back, and had to call in a service call to get the IP changed. ATT uses a "sticky" IP system, which is a form of dynamic IP. It is dynamic, but only changes when a new MAC address is connected to the service. They have to switch the connection at the main NOD switch, which requires a tech to come to the box where everything comes together near your home.

Since you rent the equipment from ATT, you can't very well go out and buy a new one, and swap them out like a cable modem. I loved the TV sevice, but quit using them because of the IP complications.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SevnSins For This Useful Post:
aspkin (07-07-2010), secret storm (10-09-2015)
Old 05-01-2010
Threadstarter  

Are you sure that you are talking about U-verse or regular AT&T DSL. You must be rookie or not understand the question.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 33jameron View Post
you guys must be rookies, att is the easiest of all unles ur on a phone that does it automatically for you when you restart it,, att will change everytime you want it too.. every time... dynamic,static or genral ip servers.. dont matter, dynamic are the easiest of all..
Old 08-22-2011

Longevity: 74%

Any change here? Does MacShift work, any procedures to solve Uverse IP address beyond asking ATT tech or exchanging entire router.

Any preferred masking agents?
tia
Old 08-29-2011

Send a message via ICQ to xdirc Send a message via AIM to xdirc Send a message via MSN to xdirc Send a message via Yahoo to xdirc

I too have AT&T Uverse. And it seems that its going to be static no matter what. I think some people get confused about UVerse and regular AT&T DSL. Some post I've found on this thread, people say AT&T is the easiest and others say its just not possible. I personally ended up paying for the Uverse phone line, which sucks with dialup by the way, because the digital gateway is hard to use with an analog signal. You've gotta slow the connection down, usually takes me anywhere from 30 - 60 minutes to make a new stealth Amazon account. Bah Hum Bug!
Old 08-30-2011

I have seen information that a swap out of the physical router will force a new IP.

Either way I will be calling up ATT and asking for a fix, as you see, I am being harassed based off my IP, on certain sites, its a safety issue for me, and they need to resolve. Its my personal safety, the must oblige.
Old 08-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by biff101 View Post
I have seen information that a swap out of the physical router will force a new IP.

Either way I will be calling up ATT and asking for a fix, as you see, I am being harassed based off my IP, on certain sites, its a safety issue for me, and they need to resolve. Its my personal safety, the must oblige.
I do to have At and T U-verse and I use majic jack so its not so easy for me. I just use VPN that is a dynamic Chicago IP's where I actually live. I tried to get the account number from my mom to ask tech to change ip for me lol
Old 08-31-2011
MU

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therocksays25 View Post
I do to have At and T U-verse and I use majic jack so its not so easy for me. I just use VPN that is a dynamic Chicago IP's where I actually live. I tried to get the account number from my mom to ask tech to change ip for me lol
Is there a difference between att u-verse and att regular dsl?
Old 08-31-2011

Send a message via ICQ to xdirc Send a message via AIM to xdirc Send a message via MSN to xdirc Send a message via Yahoo to xdirc

Yea. for starters, U-Verse uses fiber optics. They had to come out and install new jacks in the wall, cause the regular cable jack in the wall wont work. There is one main "Gateway" which is also the router. It handles all the technical stuff. Gotta think of it as the main hub ( the Alpha ) in a computer network. Its also the wireless router, thats why there is no swapping it out for a new router, its the brains of the operation. It goes down, everything goes down. None of the cable boxes, probably not the best word, cause its not cable, but ( the Beta ) is in every room and connects to the t.v. If the Alpha goes down, none of the Beta's will work, just says signal lost.

But, honestly, can you really tell a difference between cable tv or uverse? I cant. Also the max internet speed in my area is 18Mbps. They do have the 24Mbps plan, but its not available here yet.

If you have cable and are happy with it, stick with it. Its one of those things that "If it aint broke, dont fix it"
Old 08-31-2011

Longevity: 90%
Send a message via AIM to adam34996 Send a message via MSN to adam34996

Dont get UVERSE.

I have it and the IP is static.

What I did because I still wanted my AT&T cable package was -

Called time Warner. Signed up for there $20/month package and purchase a netgear wireless router. You can change your IP with netgear one of two ways.

1. You can unplug it for 2 min and reset. This will give you random IP that supposedly go in a sequence then start over.

2. You can change your MAC address in your router config and get specific IPs.

I now have 2 wireless connections to choose from.

Good luck
Old 09-01-2011
MU

Sucks for you u-verse customers!
Old 09-01-2011

Longevity: 73%

I don't have U-verse but regular ATT DSL and changing it is as easy as doing a soft reboot from the interface. Someone posted that the only way to change the IP on U-verse was with a new MAC address, so has anyone tried spoofing the MAC using SMAC?
Old 03-15-2014

Longevity: 58%
Default Re: How to change IP for AT&T U-verse services?

Quote:

I just bought the Stealth Book today and I have ATT Uverse. Now it seems I am stuck and I won't be able to do anything about my IP's. Someone please help in language I can understand.

Thanks in advance!
Old 03-15-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephie View Post
I just bought the Stealth Book today and I have ATT Uverse. Now it seems I am stuck and I won't be able to do anything about my IP's. Someone please help in language I can understand.

Thanks in advance!
Search MIFI on the forum. Great thread and a super cheap portable fix as fast as LTE service in my experience.
Old 03-16-2014

Longevity: 58%

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
Search MIFI on the forum. Great thread and a super cheap portable fix as fast as LTE service in my experience.
Thanks..I will give it a search!
Old 11-17-2016

Longevity: 98%

I found these instructions for changing u-verse.
http://blockdata.net/wp-content/uplo...eway-Modem.pdf

I have not tried them. I don't know if they will work and I don't want to mess with it and possibly have my internet down for an hour to see if it works.

I have u-verse now. I got it May 2015. In June or July 2015, there was modem trouble and my modem was replaced and with a new modem it instantly changed the IP. But since then it has never changed,

In August 2016, at one point the telephone pole was hit by a car and it took AT&T 4 days to fix it. During that time, no u-verse server for the whole time. When it came back, exact same IP.

Well that's my knowledge anyway. I haven't sold on eBay for maybe 5 years but I hope this info will be helpful for u-verse.