U.S. Postal Services Obligations? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 82%
Default U.S. Postal Services Obligations?

does anyone know if its the U.S. Postal Services obligation to return all mail to the sender if the delivery adress they go to is a house for sale or a foreclosed home? i mean surely their is still a owner of the house and surely their is the possibility that the owner still collects mail at the adress while its for sale. Does the U.S. Postal service really have that much power in this situation to just refuse to deliver mail to the person and return someones mail to the sender just because the house is fore closed or for sale? is it the mail mans duty to make a decision whether he thinks someone lives there and whether he should deliver the mail or return it to the sender if he thinks the residence isnt occupied? or is it his obligation and job to just do his job and deliver the freakin mail? thanks. who ever can answer this question with certainty is an absolute genius.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-02-2010
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 82%

i dont think im going to get any answers on this one, i realize its a bit off topic and a bit of a random difficult question. but it does pertain to me getting onto ebay and creating some stealth accounts. hopefully someone knows their policies in regards to matters like this, i have done reasearch and have been unable to find anything.
Old 01-02-2010
Administrator

Thanked 1,568 Times in 861 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 91%

If it was me, and I was looking for a answer to this question...

I would simply stop and talk to a couple of postal workers while they were on their route.
Old 01-02-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 93%

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerguru View Post
does anyone know if its the U.S. Postal Services obligation to return all mail to the sender if the delivery adress they go to is a house for sale or a foreclosed home? i mean surely their is still a owner of the house and surely their is the possibility that the owner still collects mail at the adress while its for sale. Does the U.S. Postal service really have that much power in this situation to just refuse to deliver mail to the person and return someones mail to the sender just because the house is fore closed or for sale? is it the mail mans duty to make a decision whether he thinks someone lives there and whether he should deliver the mail or return it to the sender if he thinks the residence isnt occupied? or is it his obligation and job to just do his job and deliver the freakin mail? thanks. who ever can answer this question with certainty is an absolute genius.
The US Post Office will still deliver mail even when the person is deceased. So I will assume they will still deliver mail when the person is alive. It's not the post office job to stop mail or forward mail. They will only stop delivering when the resident or owner notifies them to do so. If your house is being foreclosed then you bet those banks wants you to receive the letter to vacate in 30 days notice in the mail or they will send out the sheriff.

Take a look at the USPS policies here. Domestic Mail Manual

And Mail for Deceased Persons
Old 01-02-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

yeah, that's what the OP was trying to work out.
Actually think he's back under another name....u2funny