Computer do it? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > eBay Tracking

eBay Tracking General discussions on eBay tracking, account linking, IP address, user accounts and more.

Old 06-25-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 80%
Default Computer do it?

Ok i have been thinking that instead of just restarting my modem to obtain a new IP every time i should use the 4 computers i have access to I have a macbook, Asus notbook, IMAC and a custom built pc. I am thinking the macbook could be used as 2 computers because it has 2 operating systems on it. There is mac OSX and windows xp installed on different partitions. This is the perfect amount of computers for the amount of stealth accounts i have so should i just use 1 ebay account per computer?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-25-2010

Longevity: 82%

The problem with that scenerio is that even though you reboot your modem and get a new IP, all 4 computers will still have that same external IP. If you log into all your stealths, eBay will know they came from the same place.
The Following User Says Thank You to NTP For This Useful Post:
EFIL4OREV (06-26-2010)
Old 06-25-2010

Longevity: 81%

only way to get that going is to get multiple 3g/4g usb mobile hotspot things, one for each "computer" lol
The Following User Says Thank You to SelfMade17 For This Useful Post:
EFIL4OREV (06-26-2010)
Old 06-25-2010

Longevity: 81%
Send a message via AIM to Stream

You can also see if you can connect to your neighbor(s) unsecured network.

I think I read something on this forum where if you hook them all straight to you modem then you can have different IP for all computers. I have not tried it yet but I think it would be worth the try.
The Following User Says Thank You to Stream For This Useful Post:
EFIL4OREV (06-26-2010)
Old 06-25-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTP View Post
The problem with that scenerio is that even though you reboot your modem and get a new IP, all 4 computers will still have that same external IP. If you log into all your stealths, eBay will know they came from the same place.
External IP is the IP that cant be changed? I don't get it? The whole point of me doing this is to not have to restart the modem. If eBay can see that all the computers are using the same connection.....then wtf is the point of resetting the IP in the first place ??????????
Old 06-25-2010

I am going to explain this as well as I can without pictures, (though it would be easier) Since the question was asked about a cable modem I will explain using the term cable modem, though the same explanation can be used for DSL Modem, Broadband, etc.

For our purposes, there are two sides of IPs - External (WAN) and Internal (LAN)

*(WAN) is Wide Area Network. This is the IP that is on the proider side of your cable modem and is shown when you look at IPchicken, IPBurger, etc. It can be Static (can't be changed-the same for the life of your account with that provider.) or it can be Dynamic (It is "leased for a certian number of hours, days, etc and will change periodically on it's own or you can change it using methods explained in other threads.) Your WAN IP may look something like this: 98.172.166.235

*(LAN) is Local Area Network. This is the IP or IPs that is on your computer side of you cable modem. If you just have one computer plugged into the cable modem, you computer IP may be: 192.168.1.1 or something like that. If you have a router, that device is plugged into the cable modem where you would usually plug in a computer. Then the router splits or shares the internet to other computers that are connected to the router. So then if you have 4 computers, they may have IPs like: 192.168.1.1, 192.168.1.2, 192.168.1.3, 192.168.1.3.

When we talk about ebay seeing your IP, from this example, they would see the 98.172.166.235 - no matter which computer you logged in with. They don't see your internal IPs.

So, if you have a dynamic External (WAN) IP from your cable provider, and have a stealth account on each one of your 4 computers, you would have to use the knowledge here in other threads and change the IP before logging in to each stealth account or they will become linked.

The above info are for most end user situations but there are variables. You can buy static IPs from you provider so each PC can have it's own external IP. The problem I see with that is that the IPs will usually be in a numerical series range. I think that would look odd to eBay. Also, if you have a stealth account get suspended, it's IP that you bought would be no good anymore, and not easily changed with your provider.

I hope that I made a little headway explaining this topic.

*Note to my other computer peers - Yes, I know that there is a lot more varialbles, definitions, and explanations. I'm just trying to dumb this down enough so non-techies can understand it.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NTP For This Useful Post:
EFIL4OREV (06-25-2010), GreenBean (06-26-2010), slapped (07-16-2010)
Old 06-25-2010

Excellent explanation NTP. Nice job!
Old 06-25-2010
Threadstarter  

Ahhhh crap! thanks for that great post NTP. I have been using one computer for one account and the rest of my stealth accounts i have been using on another. I never actually bothered to check the IP on the one i was using for the 1 account I now realize i have possible linked many accounts!!! @!$#!!!!!!!!!!!!! Soon as the listings i have up are finished i am gonna let them lie low for a loooong time.

Can some one lead me to some info about how to manually change the "WAN" IP of each of my computers so that i can just leave my dsl wireless broadband modem on and not have to restart all the time. Even if i do change the IP for every other computer does that mean it will hopefully stay that way encase of a power outage? or once restarted the modem automatically reasignes all the computers the same IP again and i have to go through the whole process of changing them again.

soooo pissed right now
Old 06-25-2010

Unless you have bought IP's from your provider that you put on each computer, you will have to reboot/configure your modem/router each time you want a new WAN IP. AND...you will have to go to IPchicken, etc to check and make sure it did change.
The Following User Says Thank You to NTP For This Useful Post:
EFIL4OREV (06-26-2010)
Old 06-26-2010
Threadstarter  

Well....i guess that makes the whole "computer do it" idea i had useless!

Stealth accounts on amazon with a set up like mine must be impossible right? Because they know the actual CPU ID and all that crap right?
Old 06-26-2010

I stand to be corrected but as far as I know Amazon do not know your CPU ID just your IP address................
Old 07-13-2010

Longevity: 79%

Wow, NTP is so supportive by explaining the basic thing.

Thanks for your effort! Why I don't get chance to get my question answered then?:P
Old 07-13-2010

Longevity: 91%
Send a message via MSN to jesseinkaron

SORRY TO SOUND DUMB ..

I thought by using different windows user accounts and getting a new IP adress each time you would fool ebay ? I use a usb modem ( 3G ) with a sim card for a mobile phone.
I get a new IP each time I login. However I recently have somehow linked all my accounts. Anyone know why this might be ? CPU id ? Mac address ? I barely know what these terms mean! DUH ! It sucks being a dummy!
Old 07-15-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesseinkaron View Post
SORRY TO SOUND DUMB ..

I thought by using different windows user accounts and getting a new IP adress each time you would fool ebay ? I use a usb modem ( 3G ) with a sim card for a mobile phone.
I get a new IP each time I login. However I recently have somehow linked all my accounts. Anyone know why this might be ? CPU id ? Mac address ? I barely know what these terms mean! DUH ! It sucks being a dummy!
How did you know that there linked? Did they all get takin down?
Old 07-15-2010

I have had a dozen accounts limited within a 2 week period .
So it would seem as though I have been linked ,
After going through everything trying to figure out how they linked me , I ran some tests with my usb modem. I found that it was getting stuck on the same IP , when I previously thought that I would get a new IP each time I logged off and signed into a new windows user account. This is according to IPBurger .. however Now I can see that whatsmyipaddress.com is showing me a different IP than IPBurger.
How can that be ? One of them must be wrong ?
IPBurger keeps showing me the same IP .. whatsmyipaddress.com shows a different one.

any ideas ..
Old 07-15-2010

damn how many account do you have for 4 computers
Old 07-15-2010

Where I come from we have an expression " go big or go home "

I try to run 20 or so accounts at once on 1 computer using separate windows user accounts.
Old 08-24-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesseinkaron View Post
I have had a dozen accounts limited within a 2 week period .
So it would seem as though I have been linked ,
After going through everything trying to figure out how they linked me , I ran some tests with my usb modem. I found that it was getting stuck on the same IP , when I previously thought that I would get a new IP each time I logged off and signed into a new windows user account. This is according to IPburger .. however Now I can see that whatsmyipaddress.com is showing me a different IP than Ipburger.
How can that be ? One of them must be wrong ?
Ipburger keeps showing me the same IP .. whatsmyipaddress.com shows a different one.

any ideas ..
What the hell dude? Thats kinda scary
Old 08-24-2010
Banned

Longevity: 79%
Default proxy

hi,, yeah i also use like 3 computers, but i bought a proxy server for 11.00 a month, that i have to pay, it lets me choose between 45 major cities in the Uds and rest of the world..... funny thing is, i always choose sand diego because most of my accounts are based out of that area, but paypal had called me and said all of my logins are coming from maryland,, i made a story thats fine my mom actually does all my selling for me etc.. thats her ip address, they cleared it,, my question is,, even if i am using the proxy, will i still have the same external address? i am new and trying to learn...

thanks
Old 08-24-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,927 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

your mom does all the sellling story was bought by paypal? i don't know - sounds weird but if you got this to work well...cheers to you.

Usually that kind of story seems to slap an ID verification on you period....?
Old 08-24-2010

Longevity: 88%
Send a message via AIM to lakeman Send a message via MSN to lakeman Send a message via Yahoo to lakeman

Don't use proxies, as you know now, pp and ebay can easily detect them.

Last edited by lakeman; 08-24-2010 at 11:43 AM.