PROXY servers (proxies) and VPN , TOR - Hiding your IP - Page 10 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > eBay Tracking

eBay Tracking General discussions on eBay tracking, account linking, IP address, user accounts and more.

Old 08-19-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 91%
Default VPS (virtual Private Server)

Anyone try using a VPS server where you actually remotely login to a computer server in the location you are trying to show you are in? there are lots of VSP services starting at $8/mo, they can offer you multiple Static IP addresses. sounds really good but need to hear from the forum before i risk any of my accounts. now using dialup and getting really frustrated.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-19-2008

The forum search tool doesn't like three letter words, so a heads up to those of you searching for information on topics that have three letters or less - use Goolge's site: parameter. This will allow you to do more advanced searching of the forum.
For example, the Google search: site:aspkin.com VPN

My problem with IP masking arises from the fact that I don't have control over the router. I'm in a basement apartment and the Internet service is provided by the landlord, upstairs. I don't have a landline and I only use a cellphone. My thought was to order the landline hookup and go with a dial-up. But after reading the eBay Stealth ebook, I was introduced to the idea of using a VPN company (thanks for the recommendation in the ebook, BTW).

My questions are:
1) Will I be able to use VPN through the router upstairs?
2) The VPN server is located in a different city in Ontario. Does this mean that my eBay/PayPal address should correspond to their location?
3) If I go with an account that changes the IP every time I connect, all I have to do to change my IP is to disconnect, log into another Windows account and re-connect, right?

Last edited by Quasi_Mojo; 08-19-2008 at 08:30 PM.
Old 08-21-2008

Longevity: 90%

Hello ebayites. Thanks for the good work you are doing. Plz keep it up
Old 08-22-2008

Default Virtual Private Network

I have High Speed Cable and my provider wont change the ip and I have tried to change it myself. I now need to look at VPN "Virtual Private Network" or?

I have heard some talk about AOL on here? Are you referring to dial up or?

Is there free VPN out there? What is VPN software? What solution do I need and how can I search for it in google?

Is there a free VPN service out there?

Thank You
Old 08-22-2008

The forum search tool will not allow you to search using three letters or less. Use Google to search the aspkin forums using Google's site: parameter:

site:aspkin.com +VPN

site:aspkin.com +AOL

Add search words as needed.
Old 08-27-2008
MU

Send a message via AIM to First Edition Send a message via MSN to First Edition Send a message via Yahoo to First Edition Send a message via Skype™ to First Edition
Default Mobile IP address?

"Our current research shows that all proxies, IP masking/cloaking tools, VPN, etc. will get you busted by EBAY. At best, they will throw your account into close scrutiny."

Has anyone tried to access eBay using a mobile IP address? In other words, has anyone used their blackberry or dedicated connection card as a modem? It seems with a wireless connection card, it gets a new IP every hour, and resetting the IP is very, very easy. You've also got broadband speed with most providers. However, the IP is never near where you are. For example, if you use Sprint (I know, they suck) in South Carolina, 90% it will show a non proxy IP in Kansas.

It also seems that if you use listing programs such as Auctiva, or Turbo lister, you don't really need to login to your eBay account anyway.

1. You can respond to customer questions directly to their email address, without logging into eBay. Services like Gmail don't even show your IP with the message.* (unless I'm mistaken, then please tell me!)

2. If you manage different "un-linkable" accounts, the only thing you would need to look at is your eBay account balance.* (Unless you're Modee who has figured out how to successfully stiff eBay's billing department month after month) There is no point in looking at feedback, simply because there isn't anything you can do about it anymore.

Does anyone know if eBay links you through Turbo lister? For example, has anyone used Turbo Lister to upload different listings for two or more accounts using the same program?

It seems the best set up would be to have a 400 dollar laptop, a Verizon/Sprint connection card, and the other much needed stealth information for each eBay account, and you wouldn't have to work as hard to hide yourself. If 400-500 dollars per laptop and 70 a month for each account is too much money, you're probably not making the kind of money on eBay to even try to not get suspended.

eBay: : "We're suspicious that you log in from a different IP address every time you log into eBay..."

Seller : "But eBay, I use a wireless broadband card for a connection! I can even fax you my bill with my name and address! Can you possibly expect me to get DSL service with a Static IP?" (no, they won't)

I really don't know why you would log in to the eBay account more than once a month anyway.

If this has been mentioned before, apologies. (But this thread is 11 pages long!)

Last edited by First Edition; 08-27-2008 at 06:30 PM.
Old 08-29-2008

Not sure this will be helpful to anyone, but I have found success in using specific Tor identities to log into my peripheral paypal addresses, including printing postage, paying, etc.. This is helpful for me, as it saves the time from switching user accounts, resetting modems, etc. I do however, agree this is NOT a known alternative for listing items for sale or tested in that manner in my experience. The one problem I encountered using Tor/Vidalia/Privoxy for paypal was the first attempt to log in, which caused a suspected 3rd party message. This happened on an unverified paypal. They asked me to then make it verified and I did. Now, everytime I use the same Amsterdam Tor proxy it goes off without a hitch. The first time I tried this was with an account that was accessed firstly from an IP range that was known to paypal as regular for the account, then secondly within an hour from the Amsterdam proxy. This brought the prove who you are questions. In subsequent attempts I left more time between the initial registration connection and the Amsterdam connection. No warnings or questioning as of yet, though these accounts were verified first this time. Essentially: I found a way to log onto paypal and do business through proxy and it seems they just added it to the acceptable addresses for that user.....not exactly hard data but this has been my experience.
Old 09-02-2008

Default IP Masking

Hey everyone. i just finished reading the eBay Stealth manual, and still have a few questions/ concerns. 1) Since my internet provider cannot change my IP address, does AOL really mask your IP address?? or should I subscribe to VPN? 2) how long can I get away with not using a SS# on a new PP account? 3) not sure that I believe that I use my real bank account and routing # with ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name on both Ebay and PP..... Please help!!
Old 09-02-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%

1) AOL works yes, it doesn't mask your IP address, you're on a different IP address while using it.

2) The more you sale, more money goes through your account the faster Paypal will want your SS#. Either use more then one Paypal account or go for a Merchant account which is safer.

3) You'll need a new bank account per Paypal account, Paypal can not see details of your bank account so you're okay to use any real account you want really, just as long as it's never been linked with another Paypal account.
Old 09-02-2008

Thanks for the info. I am thinking of opening a ebay account under my sister in laws name and SS#. can i use another address (obviously not mine) for ebay and PP verification? should i sign up for PP debit card so i do not have to use a pre-paid card? once again, can a use a another address thatis not my sister in laws?
Old 09-02-2008

Longevity: 97%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmeephd View Post
Although I got suspended using a proxy, I have since discovered that using a legitimate VPN is O.K. I use Reliable Hosting, and have two eBay accounts using two different VPN addresses. No problems since April 2008.

Yes, they cost $14.95 per month each, but since I sell over $5k per month, it's a cheap cost of doing business.

It would not serve eBay well to deny VPN access; virtually every corporate laptop connects its' traveling or out of the office employees via a VPN. Some companies use their own VPN, others use third-party VPN such as Reliable. I can't imagine that eBay is going to cut off thousands if not hundreds of thousands of well-heeled corporate users from accessing eBay while they travel or use their company computer at home or from a hotel room.

Another population of VPN users are those in China, who use a VPN to gain access to eBay that would otherwise be denied them. From their published stats, Reliable Hosting alone has tens of thousands of users from mainland China. How many are accessing eBay? Probably quite a few.

BTW, the IP address using a VPN such as Reliable shows up not as a proxy, but as a highly secure private network, based in the US.

What VPN are you currently using?
Old 09-04-2008

Longevity: 92%
Default everybody try this?

Go to What Is My IP Address? - Lookup IP, Hide IP, Change IP, Trace IP and more... and below your ip let me know if you see a line with red words saying proxy detected. If you are sure you don't have a proxy and it shows you are please post what isp you have. My RR is showing proxy detected. Anyone know why this would be?
Old 09-04-2008

I see:
(Now detects many proxy servers)

Or do you mean where it says:
IP Lookup now shows ISP, Organization, Proxy
Status, and Connection Type!

Last edited by Quasi_Mojo; 09-04-2008 at 05:56 PM.
Old 09-04-2008

i have rr as well and mine says:
ISP: Road Runner
Organization: Road Runner
Proxy: None detected
Type: Cable/DSL
Old 09-04-2008

witchdocda, you see that after clicking on the "Lookup IP Address" button, right?
Old 09-04-2008

Longevity: 92%

Suspected proxy server or network sharing device. (details)
(Now detects many proxy servers)

It says the above below my ip address. When i click on details it says:

rDNS FALSE
WIMIA Test TRUE
TOR Test FALSE
Loc Test FALSE
Header Test FALSE
DNSBL Test FALSE

What is Wimia test? Maybe aspkin would know as he has a ip site as well. From the look of it, I passed 5 of the 6 test. My isp is RR so I know its not a proxy. Also I have never used a proxy server ever or installed any software of a proxy so I know that ain't the issue either.

And just to add, it only happened today. The days and months before today, it did not say this. Weird eh?
Old 09-04-2008

WIMIA:
Quote:
That's the test we're currently working on. It's using a non-cookie, non-javascript method to attempt to detect multiple users of the same IP address. Consequently it can give a false positive for people in a multi-user environment. We're working to find the correct threshold.
http://proxy.org/forum/1196102288.html

Google: Wimia test
Old 09-04-2008
Subscribed [VIP]

I want to know that hiding the IP address worked with eBay and PP ?
there are some programs that give you anonymous IP when surfing Internet.
Old 09-05-2008

liketotrade, the answer is no - they do not work. If you try to hide your IP address, they will suspend your account.
Old 09-06-2008

Default Proxy

Anyone here have luck using a good pay for service proxy server? I have been using one for my new account now for 2-days and it is working good.. from my tests eBay can not tell who it is.. it changes the IP every 30mins.

Any others?
Old 09-08-2008

Longevity: 93%

Totally the wrong thing to do, you're account will not last, think about it this way, when you log into this forum using a proxy, aspkin or modee can most likely tell that you are using a proxy, so ebay with all their sophisticated software know this also, believe me, it's only a matter of time.
Old 09-11-2008

So is the sprint card the way to go then? I can get one from verizon for 40$ per month and have a new ip anytime i want from my computer.

I am trying to purchase things from myself on ebay. I will have 3 or 4 seller account selling to new accounts that pop up and buy 500$ worth and then dissappear never to be seen again. I want to make sure that the buyer accounts cant get linked to the seller accounts. Will this work with the verizon mobile card?