Can ebay somehow make this connection?? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > eBay Tracking

eBay Tracking General discussions on eBay tracking, account linking, IP address, user accounts and more.

Old 01-21-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 94%
Default Can ebay somehow make this connection??

I work for a store which sells a lot through ebay. Here and there, from time to time, I used the store's computers to log off the store ebay account and onto my personal ebay account.

The store's ebay account got suspended and now the store wants to use my personal ebay account for the time being. As I logged off the store's account and onto mine, it wasn't suspended at the time. Is there anyway ebay can make this connection? The store will use my personal account in totally different computers in different areas. However, after the store's account was suspended, I used one of the store's computers to log onto my personal ebay account and do an advanced search to see the feedback of the store's suspended account by typing the user name of the suspended account. I'm afraid this was a big mistake.

Could ebay find out the connection somehow? What's the best way to fix the problem? Or am I being paranoid?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-21-2008
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by savahaganda View Post
Honestly... your probably going to get suspended.... recently another ebay seller was suspended because her husband was selling on ebay, he was suspended... soon after she was too... I am not sure when they will do it but it will happen.

secondly, my room mate, she use to use my computer for ebay to buy stuff... this was about a year and a half ago... I got suspended... about a month or so after that, she was suspended... we had different paypal accounts too.

so you might not want to log into your ebay account anymore, atleast until some heat blow off. I am sure other ebay experts in here are going to tell you the same. also... damn, now that ebay has changed, that store is going to have a hard time getting back to selling at a normal pace. You might want to tell them to close off their paypal account, especially if they plan to use ebay again
Okay, thanks for the reply. But what if we will be using computers which only my personal account has been logged on to? I mean, everything is changed. IP address, contact, bank info, etc
Old 01-21-2008

If they do suspend you it will be when you list items. If you only logged in once after they were suspended you might be ok. You have a 50/50 chance. So try listing something and see what happends. If you get suspended use this forum to get back on.
Old 01-21-2008
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelizardking View Post
If they do suspend you it will be when you list items. If you only logged in once after they were suspended you might be ok. You have a 50/50 chance. So try listing something and see what happends. If you get suspended use this forum to get back on.

Thank you for the reply lizardking. I've already listed and sold some of the store's merchandise. Do you think this is a good sign?
Old 01-21-2008
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by savahaganda View Post
the ball busting thing is... ebay will let you list stuff eventually the ebay monkey will kick in. They will ban you. with the same old linking crap, after that, you just might be able to get reinstated.
Okay, can someone offer some advice? Is there anything else I can do in my situation?
Old 01-22-2008

Longevity: 96%

hi

similar situation happened with me - the likeihood is your own personal account was be suspended

Make use of your personal account as long as you can

But thing you should today is begin a back up

Register new ebay ID and PayPal so you can move onto this once you get suspended
Old 01-22-2008

Longevity: 95%

Good Advice, Pauluss
Old 01-22-2008

thewilddog, all you can do is wait and see what happens. once the listings end and you receive payments wait ac ouple days if they don't suspend you you should be good to list again. but like pauluss said start a new account (be careful not to use same IP, zip, address, ect) waiting if and when you get suspended.