With this setup, do I need to worry about eBay catching on? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > eBay Tracking

eBay Tracking General discussions on eBay tracking, account linking, IP address, user accounts and more.

Old 10-14-2010
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 78%
Exclamation With this setup, do I need to worry about eBay catching on?

Hello Everybody,

New to this forum, old to eBay. Great forum! I am on the cusp of relaunching myself on eBay (for my second business, first one was suspended) and want to check with you guys to see if there are any holes in my plans.

1) Since being suspended, I got a new hard-drive and reinstalled windows. I got a friend to create an ebay/paypal account, linked to his bank account and everything.

2) Because the old IP address (at my house) is linked to the old account, I am planning on going to the library to work on this business each day when I log on to eBay.

MY PLAN:

Log on with FireFox at the library. For the firefox settings, I have it so that it erases cookies after closing, and does not record any history. Then coming home and dicking around on chrome, on my own old IP address and not really caring where I go, eBay or not.

WHAT I'M CONCERNED ABOUT:

Do cookies function cross-browser? For example, if I do my work on Firefox at the library each day and clear the cookies from that, do I need to worry about going home and using Chrome and surfing around the net with that? Possibly even logging onto my OLD eBay account at home with Chrome? I'm also scared about eBay cross-linking me logging onto gmail/ebay/paypal. Can they do that? Sorry if that doesn't make any sense, I'm really tired but I really want to get to the bottom of this!

THANKS SO MUCH FOR ANY HELP! Words can't express how much I need this help!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!