How Ebay linked me? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > eBay Tracking

eBay Tracking General discussions on eBay tracking, account linking, IP address, user accounts and more.

Old 11-20-2010
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 77%
Default How Ebay linked me?

I recently set opened a new bank account and opened a new seller account on eBay. I used new phone number, address, the new checking account and credit card number. Basically the only thing that was the same as my 1st ebay account was my name. I went to the library when I set up the new account so the IP address would not be the same. Well I went sell my items, after the third I got message saying I have a $500 selling limit. So clicked the link to verify myself. The system asked me questions like which cars have you owned in the past, which of these cities have you lived in before and a few other questions. I wasn't sure if I should choose the correct answers or just say none of the answers applied to me. Well I chose the correct answers and at the end of the survey or whatever, they said I already have a account and I can either link them or call costumer service.

My question is what did I do wrong? I do not want any of my accounts to be linked. How can I create seperate accounts?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-20-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

Sounds like they noticed that your security question answers were the same as your other accounts.

Did you log in to your account from home?
Old 11-21-2010
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Yup I sure did log into from home. That's probably why they linked me. I'm going to open another account and do everything from the library. I will have all new info except my name.
Old 11-21-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipper View Post
Yup I sure did log into from home. That's probably why they linked me. I'm going to open another account and do everything from the library. I will have all new info except my name.
Yea, that's how they got you.

If you make another account at the library they will link that aswell.

Your best option is to change your IP from home via dial-up, dongle, VPN or router reset.
Old 11-22-2010
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

But how can they link me at the library? At least 50 people a day use the computers at my library. So anybody who now sets up a ebay account at the library will be linked to my account because the IP address is the same? That doesn't sound right.
Old 11-22-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts

Same Name as banned user + Same Area = RED FLAG

Then, you answered their questions. They get those from the credit bureaus. You said you answered correctly. This alone would allow them to link you to the banned account with 98% certainty.

In a further post you stated that you also logged in from home.

Any ONE of these things is REALLY, REALLY BAD when you want to avoid being linked. And you hit the trifecta here...

You are subscribed, so I am assuming you have the stealth guide, yes?

If so, read it a couple of times. Pay attention to the details. This is all covered in the book.

Basically, this new account, including the bank account and the CC are DONE. You need to start over.

Fisrt, go to the bank and tell them you lost your wallet or purse. They will close the account and give you a new one. Or, just open another bank account. Either way, you need a new account number. The routing number will be the same if you use the same bank, but that is OK - just the account number needs to be different.

Second, find a new computer to use. The library IP is now flagged by eBay as a potential trouble spot. Using their computers again will probably get any new accounts closed as well.

Third, when you register next time, use a different name. Unless both your first and last names are VERY common (like John Smith) your name + the same area is going to cause you trouble. And if your name is VERY UNIQUE (like Jared Flooglethorpe) then changing the area won't help much.

You really need to re-read the stealth guide. All of this is covered in detail.
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
flipper (11-28-2010)
Old 11-22-2010

Longevity: 80%
Send a message via Yahoo to holymoly

Wow, you did quite A FEW THINGS wrong in this one. Re-read the book. BEST ADVICE I CAN GIVE TO NOOBS.

Dirty run-down
1)new name(variation from real one)
2)new address(variation from real one)
3)VCC (lakeman)
4)New Bank Account/VBA
5)New Phone Number (look in the forum)
6)New IP (get a private/elite proxy)
7)New Gmail Email (they block ip tracking pics)
flipper (11-28-2010), stevesokol21 (01-10-2011)
Old 12-01-2010

Longevity: 89%

Yes, its very aggravating what you have to do to sell legitimate product on ebay. And there's no opting into their power seller program anymore, its automatic and so you have to play by their rules. The sad thing is that we made ebay what they are today but now they are shutting down these same businesses. Anyway, stealth is great but the way to go if you can't get an account is to use an account of a family member with legit information--especially an older account. you will have no better peace of mind. Of course doing all the preliminaries in covering your tracks, like changing your IP, etc must be done.
Old 01-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by holymoly View Post
Wow, you did quite A FEW THINGS wrong in this one. Re-read the book. BEST ADVICE I CAN GIVE TO NOOBS.

Dirty run-down
1)new name(variation from real one)
2)new address(variation from real one)
3)VCC (lakeman)
4)New Bank Account/VBA
5)New Phone Number (look in the forum)
6)New IP (get a private/elite proxy)
7)New Gmail Email (they block ip tracking pics)
yes this sounds like the gist of it
Old 01-11-2012

Longevity: 74%

I had this same thing happen to me but i only answered the first couple that i knew the answer to and then backed out of the screen, i used my fathers info, name, address, and a new number. I have not logged back in to see if anything has become of it. I didnt think he had an ebay account but i suppose he could have one and thats why they are asking ? What should i do when i log back in ? its a new stealth account and i dont want to mess it up.