Tracking through emails / Web beacons / TOKENS / index.dat files? WHAT ELSE? - Page 4 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > eBay Tracking

eBay Tracking General discussions on eBay tracking, account linking, IP address, user accounts and more.

Old 04-17-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 99%

Check in your cookies and your email preferences. If it's set to text only you should be fine. You could go ahead and clear all just to be safe, but the few times I've checked yahoo, it showed no cookies from ebay just by checking emails. Now if you click on anything inside the email, the rules change. But you probably already knew that.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-17-2007

Okay, thanks!
Old 04-18-2007

guys, how to set to receive text email only on outlook express? thanks.
Old 04-18-2007

Longevity: 98%

You can use Outlook express, just change the set as follow:

1. on Outlook Express - Click tools / options
2. select Read tab , then check on "Read all messages in plain text"
3. to send email in plain text just simply click on the sent tab and choose Plain text on "Mail sending format"
4. Apply and hit OK
Old 04-18-2007

WEB BUGS (WEB BAECONS :
A Web beacon is an electronic image, called a single-pixel (1 x 1) and/or a clear GIF file placed in the Web page code. Web beacons serve many of the same purposes as cookies. In addition, Web beacons are used to track the traffic patterns of users from one page to another. You must understand that the computer software found at eBay and paypal's website is cleverly written and is always searching for linking information from suspended members. When their program finds some information that can possible link to a suspended members account, it investigates it.
Watch out and do not fall for the traps that their system sets, then nothing bad ever happens. Just keep your eyes open for things that you know does not look or feel right. If it does not feel right, make corrective actions to protect yourself like X(ing) out of your browser etc. If you always delete or block these e-mails from your external email account, you will be safe. Do not let your curiosity grab your interest and lead you to another suspended account.
Old 04-18-2007

IMPORTANT !
You also can be recognized by your computers name :
This only has to be changed once. Left click on the Start button, located in the lower left hand corner of your computer screen. Next, left click control panel, then left click, performance and maintenance, left click system, left click computer name, next type in a new name for your computer!
Old 04-18-2007

i got this info form other ebay book
if you follow these you will have no problems
i don't care if it is true of false it works for me ..
Old 04-18-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonid5000 View Post
IMPORTANT !
You also can be recognized by your computers name :
This only has to be changed once. Left click on the Start button, located in the lower left hand corner of your computer screen. Next, left click control panel, then left click, performance and maintenance, left click system, left click computer name, next type in a new name for your computer!
asked this question once before...how aside from when you upload a picture would they ever be able to track your computer name?
Old 04-18-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by samueladams View Post
asked this question once before...how aside from when you upload a picture would they ever be able to track your computer name?

lets say they have your new ip address when you login ..by ip you can say
Windows serial , screen resolution , computer name , windows user name. they collect these but these will not lead to your suspension. These will trigger their computers. It is very important for you not to trigger their software
Old 04-18-2007

Quote:
well so what exactly is true then about that info? Can they ideed glean cpu name and user name just from logging in?
what are you talking about? glean cpu name? did i ever say anything about CPU
.. you obviously have no knowledge of computers whatsoever.
go here Show your IP address and other properties about your computer and browser see for your self. It will tell you for example computer name and your screen resolution.
Old 04-18-2007

Quote:
go here Show your IP address and other properties about your computer and browser see for your self. It will tell you for example computer name and your screen resolution.
oh, sorry . I thought you were talking to me...
Old 04-18-2007

Quote:
Most of the information was wrong on that website. I think my firewall prevented them from getting too much info..
Old 04-19-2007

Quote:
well so what exactly is true then about that info? Can they ideed glean cpu name and user name just from logging in?
i was saying this to samueladams
Old 04-19-2007

all I wanted to know was whether or not I needed to change my computer name every time I used a different account and if I had to create a new user name as well for each account. Don't see why that warranted such an obnoxious response outta leonid...no I don't know **** about CPU's I'm a medical student so its not my field of knowledge...just wanting to figure out what crap I have to deal with and what I don't. The less work the better with this crap.
Old 04-19-2007

Sorry, ebay has made me very agitated with all its bull****. Nothing personal. I need a vacation.
Old 04-19-2007

Quote:
all I wanted to know was whether or not I needed to change my computer name every time I used a different account and if I had to create a new user name as well for each account. Don't see why that warranted such an obnoxious response outta leonid...no I don't know **** about CPU's I'm a medical student so its not my field of knowledge...just wanting to figure out what crap I have to deal with and what I don't. The less work the better with this crap.
If your worried about cpu names , why don't you buy a seperate cheap cpu.
Old 04-19-2007

Thank you for the info Jonas...very appreciated and informative! By computer name I was referring more to when you to to: Start>my computer>properties>computer name and just rename your computer. Yes doubt very much they could ever get a MAC address!
Old 04-26-2007

Default Will checking new user ID email on a suspended IP affect me?

I just checked my new USER ID email on a suspended IP (my school library). I was wondering now will I be linked? I didn't log into Ebay, just checked my gmail account and my emails are NOT plain text.

Someone please assure me :( I have like 18 auctions ending tomorrow.
Old 04-26-2007

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatebay View Post
I just checked my new USER ID email on a suspended IP (my school library). I was wondering now will I be linked? I didn't log into Ebay, just checked my gmail account and my emails are NOT plain text.

Someone please assure me :( I have like 18 auctions ending tomorrow.
I don't know....

Some say that it doesn't matter because they check more then just a Ip address and some say they have been suspended when logging into a new account on a old suspended ip address.

I think Modee can touch up on this. I think he said that he checked his new account on a suspended ip by accident and got suspended.

But now that I think about thats contradicting , because most say they look at more then just an ip address?
Old 04-26-2007

Yea, it's about IP and Cookies but I don't know how often the library cleans their files. The thing is, I didn't log into Ebay or even go to Ebay the website. I just checked current user ID email on a suspended computer/IP/internet.

Gah!!!!!
Old 04-27-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modee View Post
If the new account sells the same kind of stuff as the suspended one, you're toast! under those circumstances. I know this from personal experience. :-|

i have many accounts now and sell same staff that suspended account sell. I didn't even change action format. So i disagree with that statement.
Old 04-28-2007

if someone just logged into a suspended IP - then no further checks are done they just suspend any one who used this ip. That is just my opinion. i talked to 1 person who was using ebay at his company and when he got suspended 2 other people on other computers in this company got suspended as well.