Tracking through emails / Web beacons / TOKENS / index.dat files? WHAT ELSE? - Page 9 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > eBay Tracking

eBay Tracking General discussions on eBay tracking, account linking, IP address, user accounts and more.

Old 05-16-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 80%
Default Avoiding eBay & PayPal.

Simple as this....

If you were/are a high volume seller, or power seller, than it is worth the investment, regardless of rather you need it or not!!!!

1. Get a NEW email address from gmail.
2. Get a prepaid debit/credit card. I recommend "MyGreenDot.com"
3. When registering your card, use a different last name & a relatives address.
- (Green Dot is great for sellers because they have a DAILY deposit limit of $2,500)
4. GET A "NEW" Computer!!!!
- (You don't need a whole system, just a tower, good systems are $300-$400.)
- (A New system will NOT have ANY of your old information on it!!!)
5. NEVER Open emails from buyers when sent outside of eBay, NEVER!!!!!!!!!
6. Post in your listings that you will NOT respond to ANY email unless sent through eBay!
7. DO NOT use the library computer when opening your new account!
- (Many other banned users have already done this before you & you could be linked to them!)
- (Use a work computer, or a relatives that does NOT eBay!).
8. ALWAYS delete cookies BEFORE & AFTER EVERY visit.
9. Reset Your IP Address.

Stick to this, and you will be fine!!!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-16-2010

Default Tracking Info

When tracking the "Tracking Numbers" placed into eBay/PayPal, it is NOT the specific Post Office that you use, that they are tracking..... It is Your "Sent From Address"!!!

But if you are smart enough to Ship from a Ghost address such a friend or relative, then you don't have to worry about that either.

Last edited by LowKey; 05-16-2010 at 10:26 PM. Reason: Mispelled words
Old 05-16-2010

Longevity: 85%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowKey View Post
Simple as this....

If you were/are a high volume seller, or power seller, than it is worth the investment, regardless of rather you need it or not!!!!

1. Get a NEW email address from gmail.
2. Get a prepaid debit/credit card. I recommend "MyGreenDot.com"
3. When registering your card, use a different last name & a relatives address.
- (Green Dot is great for sellers because they have a DAILY deposit limit of $2,500)
4. GET A "NEW" Computer!!!!
- (You don't need a whole system, just a tower, good systems are $300-$400.)
- (A New system will NOT have ANY of your old information on it!!!)
5. NEVER Open emails from buyers when sent outside of eBay, NEVER!!!!!!!!!
6. Post in your listings that you will NOT respond to ANY email unless sent through eBay!
7. DO NOT use the library computer when opening your new account!
- (Many other banned users have already done this before you & you could be linked to them!)
- (Use a work computer, or a relatives that does NOT eBay!).
8. ALWAYS delete cookies BEFORE & AFTER EVERY visit.
9. Reset Your IP Address.

Stick to this, and you will be fine!!!

All of this is not really recommended due to people having problems with greendot. Also, you can just change MAC address and use windows user accounts and you'll be better off than deleting cookies.
Old 05-18-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Lowkey, your 9 steps has some Flaws and overkill that can give you a problem, the Flaw is the greendot account, Ebay is on that. The Overkill is the New Computer.
Ebay likes to see their cookies, so follow OfficialGenius advice, create New windows user accounts for EACH Ebay account you have and use these accounts ONLY for those Ebay and attached Paypal Accounts.
Old 05-20-2010
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 82%
Default Thank you!

Ive been debating this email situation w paypal n ebay. I have a blackberry so I already have the max 11 emails.. I just opened a new email account thru gmail and I planned of forwarding ALL my ebay accounts emails to it. Aspkin you mention you do this. I usually answer all my emails from my bb. Is it safe and a good idea to do this. I have about 8 ebay accounts now and im creating a few more. Im gonna slowy get them going as your great guide suggests.
My question is is it totally safe to respond to questions from a standard email?
thanks so much! this is a great topic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
It's been said that eBay slaps you with cookies when you open up certain emails from them. Usually the random emails, about promotions, questionnaires, those sorts. These cookies, once loaded into your browser can send information back to eBay once you sign into your eBay account.

There have been a few people suggesting this, and others saying eBay doesn't do this. In some ways, I know eBay implants beacons in their messages which does send information back to eBay servers, though I don't think they use that information other then statistics.

Though I will say, it's never a good idea to open any email from a suspended eBay account. The only way I would do it, is from another machine then my primary one. I've always done this, maybe for this reason, or paranoia, but it seemed to work, and I've had less linked accounts because of it.
Old 07-07-2010

Exclamation We NEED a new list of DO's and DONT's

I just wanted to add this, sorry if someone has already brought it up, I stayed up 2 hrs later than usual and only read up to the page 6 of this HUGE thread, and it was still back in 2008, LOL.

FYI:
"WARNING! Even if you delete all cookie files from this folder most of the information for the cookies will not be deleted because it is saved in so called index.dat file. In some cases you can see the index.dat file in the cookie folder but even if you cannot see it, it is always there. You cannot delete this file because Windows and Internet Explorer keep it open all the time. The only way to get rid of the cookies for good is to shred the content of the index.dat file with a specialized privacy protection program - Mil Shield. It cleans not only cookies but also the content of all other index.dat files (yes, there are many other index.dat files - to learn where are they read the article Where are Index.dat files located?) along with history, temporary Internet files, recently used documents history, Google, Yahoo and Bing toolbars search history and many other tracks."

NOW....to save the rest of us hrs and hrs of reading who arent techy minded can someone, for the love of ebay (bahaha) please put up a simple 1. 2. 3. type of reply with 1. The newest ways they track users, last I read it was the flash cookies that get planted when you first go to sell or if you use a different ip and 2. The newest ways they can crosslink users, last I read was paypal postage tracking?

Damn FEEBAY and GAYPAL, but guys it's great to see so many people banding together, keep up the great work
Old 07-07-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

if you use firefox, there are built in add-ons to get rid of all info..lastest forum advice is to keep cookies on unique user screen but delete LSO
Old 07-07-2010

Question

Now what about Linux? Does that os have cookies also? What bout firefox on Linux?

EDIT: I get what everyone is saying but, I dont know much about Linux. I have a Mac computer that has tiger 10.4. Why not use mac? Obviously I do need the stealth ebook but, I just ask because, I don't know much about mac and Linux although I have a mac and had Linux lol.

I mostly fix the computers. Sometimes build but, with Windows.

Last edited by fgreco; 07-07-2010 at 07:35 PM.
Old 07-07-2010
Trimptop

Longevity: 0%

What add ons on FireFox can get rid of all info?
I use Firefox & AOL.
Thanks
Old 07-08-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSL1229 View Post
What add ons on FireFox can get rid of all info?
I use Firefox & AOL.
Thanks

The Better Privacy Add on
The Following User Says Thank You to slapped For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2010
Trimptop

Thanks! I just installed it!
Old 07-08-2010
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%

Delete Flash Objects? Why?

I agree Better Privacy is a good tool to use, but I don't recommend removing flash objects on browser exit, there is no reason to as long as you have separate user accounts.
Old 07-09-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

vic said to do it aspkin, he said 'possibility' objects can be viewed on different users folders

Last edited by oompaloompa; 07-09-2010 at 06:51 AM.
Old 07-13-2010

hey, you guys know anything about using Iphone? Can I check email that all the ebay emails were forwarded to?
Please advise.
Old 07-15-2010

Longevity: 92%

wondering if ebay can see your computer name which is the same even with different user account
Old 07-17-2010

technically, they can't if I'm right. They need to make a system call to get to that. Your system shouldn't give that information out.

Well, I'm open to debate.
I'm not always right!

Any guru? all at sleep?
Old 07-17-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyouichi View Post
wondering if ebay can see your computer name which is the same even with different user account
Ebay MIGHT, Amazon CAN, the Best thing to do is to Rename your Computer "Dell User" or Nothing at all, Up until a Year or so ago ALL Dell Computers were Named "Dell User" Now they are Called Dell User and a Unique Serial Number, there are Millions of computers out there Named "Dell User".
Other Companies Either leave it Blank, or Have another "Default Computer Name.
Old 07-20-2010

Longevity: 92%

i have 2 accounts been banned in a strange way.
my ebay account was banned immediately after i logged on to my user account in my pc by mc049, i didn't even touch my ebay account yet.
both account was banned in the same way, it would have stayed ok if i did not log on to user account.
Old 08-25-2010
Vicvelcro

Privacy report on various browswers which takes into account - cookies, flash, dom, datastore...

MAC USERS BE MOST CONCERNED

https://www.isecpartners.com/files/i...er_Cookies.pdf
Old 10-28-2010

Longevity: 85%

Moderators Please have mercy The guys in this thread seem pretty on top of it and I would like to bring to attention my concerns. Thanks

I just recently started studying ssl certificates and realized that theirs websites that never let you erase their certificate. And microsoft gives you a permanent certificate that shares with every website to distinguish you. Also Since I'm retiring as a real ebay pusher these days they've pissed me off to the fullest. I will share with you that ebay is tracking you through the same ways google tracks you. If you study ways google tracks you then you will realize what i'm talking about and how to get if off your computer. But just remember that everytime you access the internet your infected with the code even if you don't go to google. Everybody has google infected in their PCs from the factory. Google Prides them selves in knowing what your searching for so they know which words to sell their advertisers. And it can also be your downfall in getting accounts linked. Hope You guys are still enjoying the world of auctioning.
Old 10-28-2010

guys, just a quick question :
I use Apple Mac and accidentally opened one of the emails from previous suspended account on new computer. Considering there might be a web beacon. Is this a problem? how can I get rid of the web beacon? I tried to 'system restore' the Mac but failed
Whats the best of action now?
thanks
Old 11-29-2010

Longevity: 86%
Default Easy sollution for win mac and linux

The solution for having different users for selling, are the portables :

portable safari
portable firefox

etc etc ...

each one can save the cookies on his and only in his directory, no need to clean them .

But in my last 2 weeks, I got mc000 and mc010 to any new user that start selling.

help