Tracking through emails / Web beacons / TOKENS / index.dat files? WHAT ELSE? - Page 10 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > eBay Tracking

eBay Tracking General discussions on eBay tracking, account linking, IP address, user accounts and more.

Old 12-17-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 80%
Send a message via Yahoo to holymoly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukflashman View Post
guys, just a quick question :
I use Apple Mac and accidentally opened one of the emails from previous suspended account on new computer. Considering there might be a web beacon. Is this a problem? how can I get rid of the web beacon? I tried to 'system restore' the Mac but failed
Whats the best of action now?
thanks
You just have to ride it out and see what happens. You can't undo something you did in the past...you just have to live with the mistakes.

Always use GMAIL!

Old 12-18-2010

Longevity: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by holymoly View Post
You just have to ride it out and see what happens. You can't undo something you did in the past...you just have to live with the mistakes.

Always use GMAIL!
That's a pretty retarded reponse.

Yes you can remove web beakons, and flash cookies and index.dat files which is the main traces Feebay leave on your computer.

Just make sure you use a different IP (or different ISP altogether if your IP is dynamic (always changes), and any and all personal information is completely different.

Dont give paypal false information becuase once you get past a certain amount of money in there, they will freeze your account, and ask you to send in proof of I.D, so make sure you use someone you know, and are willing to send in thier ID for you.

For the best bet.....

Use a different computer, different IP or ISP, different personal/postal/password details and you SHOULD, be ok. Also, dont go selling the exact same things or at a high volume for about 2 or 3 months, dont use the same listing info, descriptions, image names etc.. if you are a new user, you should act like it, not like a seller that has his groove on that knows how to sell as an experianced feebayer, ya feel me !?

All the best peeps.

P.S By the way, if you HAVE to use the same computer, get a program called "bleachbit" it will wipe all the flash/web beakon, index.dat etc cookies off your system
Old 12-23-2010

Longevity: 78%

Hey all I got a question, if I have a main windows user account with ALL my gmail paypal email addresses linked to outlook (just so I know when payments are coming in), do you think I should be safe if I just open the paypal emails?

If not, what are your methods to manage 10+ accounts without pissing off customers for being slow? I could sign into all 15 of my accounts every single day and check but that would get old after a while, plus I heard some people on this forum managing something like 20+ accounts, how? Thanks guys!
Old 12-24-2010

Longevity: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhohman View Post
Hey all I got a question, if I have a main windows user account with ALL my gmail paypal email addresses linked to outlook (just so I know when payments are coming in), do you think I should be safe if I just open the paypal emails?

If not, what are your methods to manage 10+ accounts without pissing off customers for being slow? I could sign into all 15 of my accounts every single day and check but that would get old after a while, plus I heard some people on this forum managing something like 20+ accounts, how? Thanks guys!
I suppose is not loading any image, I mean downloading all the emails as plain text.

Any suggestion?
Old 12-31-2010

Longevity: 77%

first of all you need to select the right browser you using, firefox could be the right choice becuase its highly configurable. Forget google chrome, safari or ie8 they leaving many traces behind you.
Old 01-01-2011

Longevity: 86%
Default About Receiveing email

I mean, in receiving mail from different paypal accounts.
I guess if it is possible use any mail program, as for example, outook or thunderbird without taking tokens.

For browsing I also believe firefox is great.

regards
Old 01-02-2011

Longevity: 77%

Hi,

Let me clear up this. Tokens are in the pictures. For example you can use outlook to avoid having tokens, just disable to download pictures.

Tracking trough email / downloaded pictures are really easy to understand because its a simple idea.

I try to exlpain here:

The pictures they send to you are not contained in the email they are rather than just link for online pictures on thire server. So when your email client downloads the picures in the message, you donwload it from their server, so they will have your ip address. If they want to track you down they will send you a cusom picture so a custom picture name like sjjakjasoiaka9182871261.gif or a custom link like ebay.com/jkasjakajakkjaskja9812818281.jpg and if you download it you "vertified" that you was the owner of that ip address or backwards your ip address was the owner of that user name or email address.

You can slip a big time on this easy to avoid this so try to be causious..
The Following User Says Thank You to cloudbell For This Useful Post:
colt63 (11-12-2011)
Old 02-11-2011

Longevity: 76%

I am sure someone already asked this but the threat is miles long and I haven't found my question so I am go to ask it.

Old ebayemails. obviously never open them again. Delete them? Are they still "beakoning" even after they sit in your old mail box?
Old 02-12-2011

Send a message via Yahoo to motorfinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkmilk View Post
I am sure someone already asked this but the threat is miles long and I haven't found my question so I am go to ask it.

Old ebayemails. obviously never open them again. Delete them? Are they still "beakoning" even after they sit in your old mail box?

Yes, doesn't matter how old the email, they still contain script for "beakoning"
Old 02-13-2011

What about Pypl history? Pypl lets you download your transaction history, which I did thinking it would include all the customer contact information (it doesn't).

It is an excel spreadsheet. Could that give off any tracking signal too, like eby emails? There are no pictures in this history file. Can/should I convert it into a notepad document instead or just get rid of it?
Old 07-15-2011

Longevity: 75%

Im usually really careful in regards to emails and stealth but on a couple of occasions ive opened ebay gmail emails using my iPhone's default Mail app which actually displays images without prompting me

Anyone have any information regarding stealth and the iphone Mail app?
Old 09-26-2011
MU

Longevity: 74%

What if I use a different virtual machine and different VPN address for every ebay user I have?
Old 09-26-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 96%

I use Gmail Manager for all my email accounts:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...gmail-manager/

I have images disabled on all accounts and I NEVER click on a link in an email. If I have to respond to someone, I do it directly over email to their email address, or use eBay messages.
Old 11-12-2011

Longevity: 74%

can PAYPAL track us through web beacons from images also?
Old 11-12-2011

Yes I believe they can
Old 01-13-2012

Longevity: 78%

Quote:
EDITORS NOTE:
The final verdict is that EBAY cannot track you through opening or reading your emails. Web beacons are not an issue. Cookies are not deposited into your system by opening or reading EBAY emails.
Seeing as this is patently FALSE can it please be changed!

OK, I've not read through this sticky thread but I have just opened an old eBay email (in my general Windows user account) that is 2 years old and it is showing me photos within that email of items I've browsed in the last 24 hours.

Obviously this email (from 2010) pulls up cookies from your current Windows user login.

Very dangerous if you're checking or organising through old emails whilst in your stealth Windows user account! It will link your current cookies with that old email and eBay account surely?

Or are we saying that even if it uses those cookies, it is still not transmitting any information?
Old 01-20-2012

Longevity: 72%

I have few acc all have diff Win/EB/PP serving 1 acc per user.
i have all email diverted to 1 address.
Is it a danger to open emails (will NOT be answering)
If danger to open them , can i just look at the folder by not opening them completely ?
Like i said all of them are directed to 1 address.
Old 01-20-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackd View Post
I have few acc all have diff Win/EB/PP serving 1 acc per user.
i have all email diverted to 1 address.
Is it a danger to open emails (will NOT be answering)
If danger to open them , can i just look at the folder by not opening them completely ?
Like i said all of them are directed to 1 address.
Emails are of to open and read,,,NEVER allow the Pictures to open and Display however
Old 01-21-2012

Longevity: 72%
Send a message via Yahoo to Love_decay

Technically, if using images to track a user was/is used - the email company will "flag" this a malware and that email may not go through or may end up in the spam.

Am not saying you cannot use those sort of stuff to track. Technically, just opening an image is inside you mail box is not enough, you have to click that image to get tracked.

Tracking, through image could never work via email. Think of it, if it were possible imagine how many email account would get hacked everyday. You could run a script to steal a username and password.

However, you could track when an email was opened. I do not know if the email companies, would still let this happen.

Either way better safe than sorry. But, i wouldnt bother bout the mail tracking. Just keep your transactions legit, IP clean and pc clean you should be fine.

Remember, you can access your email anywhere even on the moon. There are no restrictions to where you can access your email . So, "technically" tracking emails would be a waste of resources. Which we all know most corporation - are short off.
Old 05-22-2012

Longevity: 69%

I would like to correct something from previous post "Technically, just opening an image is inside you mail box is not enough, you have to click that image to get tracked." I'm afraid thats not true, the act of downloading an email with images causes your IP to be tracked at the image servers source. So if you are using multiple IP's for your stealth accounts, but looking at your ebay emails from one IP, your probably going to get caught. Simplest solution is either set Outlook to not download images automatically, or use a web service (like gmail) that defaults to blocking images.
Old 06-17-2012

Longevity: 68%
Arrow Tell Website you don't want to be tracked..use inPrivate Browsing

Okay, the issue is ebayaintstupid is right about the whole beacon issue and aspkin is also right about tracking scripts embedded in source codes used for writing web pages. Okay now the REAL issue is how do we stop this madness?

Answers are:

1. Stick to one web browser per account is you have multiple account.
2. Make sure you tell websites you DON'T want to be tracked by clicking on "Tools", "options", and the "Privacy" in Mozilla Firefox and clicking the inside the little box which says "Tell Browsers I don't want to be tracked"
3. Click on "tools" and click on "Start in Private Browsing" to prevent sniffers (Ebay/Paypal) from inserting java script into your system in other to sniff your computer.

4. If you have multiple ebay & paypal acount, then use different browser for each one and make sure you note which browser is for which account by writing them down in you notepad or diary.

Here are list of browsers you can use:

Browsers List

You will find which browser is capable of running on which OS as some browsers may run fine on Windows and not run fine on Apple or Linux.

So dedicate one browser to one USER ACCOUNT on your computer and then dedicate the user account to one ebay+paypal account.

Happy Selling to everyone.

Old 11-25-2012

Longevity: 68%

Hello everyone i have a question and i really need help i forward a paypal email from my TOP rated seller to a another email and looked at it on a BANED comp and l clicked on the link am i F**ked!!!?