New Problem with IP - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > eBay Tracking

eBay Tracking General discussions on eBay tracking, account linking, IP address, user accounts and more.

Old 04-15-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 75%
Default New Problem with IP

Hey guys,

So I have an account with ebay and paypal thats fine, and I just moved from my old house to my girls place and she has an ebay and paypal thats fine. And I don't want these two account to be linked as we're both powersellers. What is the best strategy for us here? She has comcast cable with a cisco box connected to another box. I'm unsure of terms and stuff here, but I haven't logged into my account in a few days and i have tons of questions i havent answered via ebay! someone please enlighten me! thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-15-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

you need a new ip address, you need to try a 3g dongle, it changes your ip address everytime you connect, hope this helps
Old 04-16-2011

Longevity: 76%

I am a UK member but you should not use your girls computer (if you do make a new windows user account and use that for your stuff)

Also dont use the same internet connection/ip as her...

...with regards to ip.... if you are gonna use the same connection, change the ip address whenever you log onto the different accounts and keep a log of the ips' each time you guys/gals log on - this is only if your lot are using the same connection......

..... you can always get your own connection and pay for it if you have to but if you can sort it so you dont have to pay for 2 internet lines then its all good.... but you lot are power sellers you you prob can afford 2 lines and 2 computers... its easier that way if can afford XxX

my advice here is an easy simple way... there are other ways of doing things so if you are computer savy then you can play around a bit more.

Last edited by Alps_a somewhatlegend; 04-16-2011 at 03:09 AM.
Old 04-16-2011

Longevity: 81%

yes and the 3g/4g device would be an ideal choice if you dont plan on creating accounts and just using yours then,

That would be a good way. And,

Tethering your phone or a 3g dongle . or If you are desperate and have a modem then dial up would also work. if you still have the cookies history and flash object n your pc.

and using your own pc would be the best way( Because if her accounts gets booted or if yours 2 gets linked we dont want you sleeping on the couch ofcourse you can do it but hey its up to you)
Old 04-18-2011
Threadstarter  

Can someone explain why it's not ok to use the same comp? And how exactly can I change the ip via dongle or any other way? I'm new to that- anyone have a quick tip for my beginning ip adress changing self?
Old 04-18-2011

Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neplusultra View Post
Can someone explain why it's not ok to use the same comp?
Answer:

Its okay as long as you have a different username for your each each ebay account. So yes you can still use her computer but would have to long into ebay under a new windows user you create.

Quote:
And how exactly can I change the ip via dongle or any other way? I'm new to that- anyone have a quick tip for my beginning ip adress changing self?
Answer:

Its so easy with a dongle that a caveman can do it ESPECIALLY if its just for one account. Just buy it and plug it in and boom you get a new IP address.

In your case its so easy because I'm assuming you just need a different IP for your account.

Another good option for you would be to list through auctiva or ink frog to solve the ip issue but again do it under a new windows user name not hers.

Old 04-18-2011

Send a message via MSN to ShadyOne

Quote:
Can someone explain why it's not ok to use the same comp?
Imback give you some great answers there!

User accounts are just like using different computers, data such as ebay cookies is stored locally in the user accounts specific folders, so sharing the user account will mean that all ebay accounts have their cookies stored in the same folders. They are then linked if this happens.

So you CAN use the same computer, NOT the same user account, unless you like linking your ebay accounts to eachother

The Following User Says Thank You to ShadyOne For This Useful Post:
Imback2010 (04-19-2011)
Old 04-19-2011
Threadstarter  

Thanks guys.

And with auctavia, it doesn't check your ip so you can use the same ip but just logon to list with it? but then with paypal I'd need dongle. Any other options besides dongle boys? or is this the best bet for me?
Old 05-01-2011

Longevity: 89%

Ebay likes Static IP Addresses. Your girlfriend has Comcast cable --so no problem--just call Comcast and purchase another IP Address--its a snap--its like an extra $5-$10 a month --once you pay for it they will set up her cable modem electronically and assign it another IP. NOTE: Her Cisco Router will be for her use only, you will need to get another Router for yourself which will be assigned the new IP Address after you hook it up. Also note that your cable modem has only one downlink ethernet jack so you will have to switch this with a simple 10/100 switch or hub.
Old 05-05-2011

Hi

I have a Static IP add on my belkin router - its been the same for years. I have just been inside the router and noticed that the settings for the ip lease time was set to forever. I changed this to change every half hour. Should I have done this?

Everytime i use ip add look up tool, it shows me my external ip add - i then have a look at my laptop and it shows the same number. Also this external ip add is giving all sorts of details, which probably includes my cust number and definately includes where i am location wise, & who my provider is, what cable im using in what area etc.

Im crapping myself as i have had visitors that could be linked to me now and they are totally innocent.

Thank you all
Old 05-05-2011

Send a message via MSN to ShadyOne

^^ Sounds like you need to change your ISP. Get one with dynamic, think I have already mentioned to you bunny, phone your ISP and ask them what you have :D

The IP lookup tools are not all accurate, their databases or out of date and that is why they show different locations for the same IP address. Location, is of your ISP servers and not your location.

As for visitors using your internet, it is all about the specifics, what why when how etc :D