Recognizing your computer via cookies? IP? Flash Objects? - New proposed EBAY policy - Page 11 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > eBay Tracking

eBay Tracking General discussions on eBay tracking, account linking, IP address, user accounts and more.

Old 10-22-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
Default Ebay blocking you for deleting cookies

I posted this on another thread but this one seems more on point. I was denied access to one of my eBay accounts today because it said that my browser was set not to accept cookies and this was required. I use Firefox and I delete my cookies every time I log onto a different account. I also have separate User Accounts that I use for each eBay/PP setup so deleting my cookies may be overkill. But is this something new that eBay is doing? Are they becoming suspicious of members who don't have cookies that they recognize? I have my Firefox set to delete cookies every time I log out of it. Is this the right way to do it? Or is this no longer going to work with eBay?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-22-2008
Executive [VIP]

Hey Brendaleigh....
http://www.aspkin.com/forums/multipl...html#post62723
Old 12-08-2008
MU

Longevity: 92%

how do we see flash cookies?
Old 12-12-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

I feel obliged to say they flash at you.

ps, look at this site: Adobe - Flash Player : Settings Manager - Website Privacy Settings panel:D
Old 12-12-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 95%

Quote:
Originally Posted by trust & safety retards View Post
OK pressing on, Once I had registered the eBay account, still no flash cookie had been installed. Now I went to the Sell part and selected to 'sell to UK' and the instant that I had clicked that link the flash cookie appeared!

So it seems that the first time to click on 'sell' that will be the moment that the flash cookie is placed. I also created a paypal account, linked it to my paypal account but no flash cookie as yet has been placed.

Hope this info is of some help.

Is this info right? Because i have looked through my flash cookies and have never seen anything in there for eBay but i seen 1 for paypal. I seen a bunch of normal cookies but no flash. I also NEVER use the sell section on ebay, I use auctiva for everything related to listing.

So if this is true then a flash object was never installed on my computer?
Old 12-12-2008
Executive [VIP]

^^^ same here, but i list through both auctiva and ebay but still havent seen this
Old 12-12-2008

Longevity: 89%

Wow, old topic brought back up. Seems like it comes back every 2 months! lol

-HeG
Old 01-10-2009

Longevity: 89%
Default Help

I have a quick question. I did all the steps to start a new account, and everything is fine so far. I made one slip and I DONT know if it matters or not. I have been using a totally new browser for the new ebay account and have ONLY logged into my new acct with this browser. I deleted the cookies and everything on the other one firefox i had and have a new IP address and everything. Today somebody sent me a link on AIM instand messenger and I clicked on it on accident and it opened one of my older browsers (Safari) while I was logged into my new ebay (on the new browser only) and the ebay site came up since it was my main page before. I DIDN'T log into my old ebay acct or new acct with safari the old browser, and quickly closed it and deleted the cache.cookies, etc everthing i could from it. The thing that scares me is that I DID notice my old suspened ebay user name was filled in when the old safai browser was accidently opened (not the password). Will this be tracked and linked to my new acct even though I didn't log in? Also, Can I log into my old email that was attached to my old acct on the new IP (even if I dont log into my old ebay acct when opening it) still?

Thanks for any help.
Old 01-18-2009

Longevity: 93%

I think as long as you didnt log in you dont worry about it. It happened a couple times to me(when I was drunk). That reminds me never ever do eBay Stealth stuff when your drinking. Belive me on this one you forget everything you need to remember!
LOL
Old 01-20-2009

Longevity: 88%

Hi, thanks for all the great info here.

Being reading much on this topic and would like to ask the experts here how to prevent the phone verification policy, which got a few of my accounts.

For multiple account users, which is the best option?

1. to use the 'multiple window users' option to manage different accounts or
2. just clean all cookies and flash cookies and reboot to log in different account.

Thanks.
Old 01-20-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%
Send a message via Yahoo to philly387

Use multiple window user. That way every time you login the same cookies are still there that are associated with that ebay/pp account.
Old 01-20-2009

thanks for the reply phill, will take note of this.

all my accounts now is in single window user and I alway clear out all files, reboot and go to the next account. do you think this practice will be an issue for the multiple accounts?

Will start building accounts using multiple users as backup.
Old 01-21-2009
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via Yahoo to philly387

Your method has worked for me in the past...but I have read some posts where it is not a good idea to keep clearing all files and logging into an existing account with no cookies/flash cookies
Old 01-22-2009

noted thanks
Old 01-24-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 94%

It appears that when ebay phased out the old "MY EBAY" it also removed the flash objects, at least on the USA accounts. Each one of my accounts has had to be re-verified thru phone call and/or security question since they made the switch to the new MY EBAY. FYI Folks
Old 02-02-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts

Ive read this thread but can figure out if firefox is set to delete cookies, is it OK?
Ive got 20 ebay/pp accounts now, and I cant physically fit any more users on my PC! So Ive got 10 users with 2 ebay/pp on each. I know if one goes down the other might too, but Ive got no choice. if using firefox to log in when I have to on eby/pp and the close firefox and it deletes cookies right, change IP and you can go in again on that same user on another account right?
Are flash cookies shares with other sites like gmail or google or auctiva. I get what cookies are, but what are flash cookies exactly, where do I find them, do they get deleted by firefox or not, if not how do I get rid of them?
Old 02-02-2009

Longevity: 92%
Send a message via MSN to ur2slow
Default new modem and ebays new security measure

OK I don't know if this has anything to do with the new eBay policy about them making the phone call deal but check this,

I am on cable, I use AOL to sign onto eBay, well my cable modem died so I went and bought me another one, I get it home and set it up and call my ISP to give them the new MAC Address and poof Im back online of course with a new IP,
I sign onto AOL and then log into eBay and tried to re list a few items and bam I got the message,
We don't recognize the computer your logging in from so we will need to take some security measures so of course they make the magic phone call and of course yes it was automated.

So why did this happen all of a sudded? is It because my IP changed, should not matter because I use AOL, so does it fall back to my MAC address or what, I had no problems with the new security measure until my modem died and I had to replace it.

Can anyone bounce back on this one?
Old 02-02-2009
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
Ive read this thread but can figure out if firefox is set to delete cookies, is it OK?
Ive got 20 ebay/pp accounts now, and I cant physically fit any more users on my PC! So Ive got 10 users with 2 ebay/pp on each. I know if one goes down the other might too, but Ive got no choice. if using firefox to log in when I have to on eby/pp and the close firefox and it deletes cookies right, change IP and you can go in again on that same user on another account right?
Are flash cookies shares with other sites like gmail or google or auctiva. I get what cookies are, but what are flash cookies exactly, where do I find them, do they get deleted by firefox or not, if not how do I get rid of them?
Read in eBay Stealth about flash cookies. There is a whole section about them.

Otherwise you can delete them by going here: Adobe - Flash Player : Settings Manager - Website Storage Settings panel

Firefox by default does not delete flash objects.
Old 02-02-2009
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ur2slow View Post
OK I don't know if this has anything to do with the new eBay policy about them making the phone call deal but check this,

I am on cable, I use AOL to sign onto eBay, well my cable modem died so I went and bought me another one, I get it home and set it up and call my ISP to give them the new MAC Address and poof Im back online of course with a new IP,
I sign onto AOL and then log into eBay and tried to re list a few items and bam I got the message,
We don't recognize the computer your logging in from so we will need to take some security measures so of course they make the magic phone call and of course yes it was automated.

So why did this happen all of a sudded? is It because my IP changed, should not matter because I use AOL, so does it fall back to my MAC address or what, I had no problems with the new security measure until my modem died and I had to replace it.

Can anyone bounce back on this one?

Usually you get this message when you delete your flash objects and then log into eBay.

Just changing your IP Address shouldn't trigger phone verification, but that's why we recommend using a working number.
Old 02-04-2009
Executive [VIP]

my main user screen has flash player loaded on it, so can look at settings but
on other user screens I dont have it loaded on there, does that mean no flash to worry about, I am asking because I have to share 2 accounts per user screen due to limited space

Last edited by oompaloompa; 02-04-2009 at 07:11 AM.
Old 02-05-2009
Administrator

Flash, like your other programs on your CPU are shared between users. Like firefox, and IE, and most programs you have.

But your flash objects are kept in separate folders depending on the user account you're on. So yes you do have to worry about linking accounts if you're sharing one user account for two or more eBay accounts.

You may have to just delete cookies/flash objects as well as change your IP Address before logging into different eBay accounts. Just be prepared for eBay not recognizing your computer and wanting to call you... often.
Old 02-06-2009
Executive [VIP]

Ok firstly, I think if flash is involved on my seperate user screens, I am already linked, so might be diddley I can do now anyhow.

OK, I get what you are saying re shared files, but on my seperate user screens (not main one) I cant get the adobe settings manager via your link or otherwise as it says flash player isnt loaded., dont know where to find flash objects, on other users, I can on main user, no problem..

Only other alternative if I cant find them is share the risk that if one suspended other might be too, not such a big deal if youve got alot more, but I would like to solve this if poss..........can you tell me where to find these files!!

Last edited by oompaloompa; 02-06-2009 at 05:45 AM.