Recognizing your computer via cookies? IP? Flash Objects? - New proposed EBAY policy - Page 8 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > eBay Tracking

eBay Tracking General discussions on eBay tracking, account linking, IP address, user accounts and more.

Old 05-12-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 92%
Default just to be sure i understand

when i log off & then back on & check my Ip... if the ip numbers are different , then my ip adress has changed. I log this info on my excel sheet , if numbers are new ones, never used , cookies deleted, then it is ok to access ebay?
Should I decide to access another ebay account, I log off, delete cookies, log back on , check ip, if different, record this ip , then it is okay to log on to another account?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-12-2008

oooooooooh, gosh, i DID forget about that. thank you. I also found the websites, used your links, for checking ip`s & they also have some good, i think, explanations. I really think it is important for me to understand this, for lots of reasons, if nothing else, it is interesting.
Old 05-17-2008
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modee View Post
No. That's ridiculous.

You must be mistaken, or clicking on links that take you to EBAY's sites.
I think I figured out how it is done. Perhaps aspkin.com is using an advertising service which places its ads. The ad company can place some unwanted cookies in addition to the images. See this link for more explanation:

The Unofficial Cookie FAQ

Now I know how I get all those doubleclick.com cookies without even having visited them. Ebay might be pulling the same trick!

While visiting aspkin.com you guys need to check your cookies folder often to see what I mean.
Old 05-20-2008

One person on this forum and some others when googling, say that ebay will track the computers. What are the ways of tracking if 2 or more accounts(both diff info) are being used by one computer? Is it the mac address, serial number or some other ways. And if they will be used by ebay, is there a software to change these things.
Old 05-20-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 96%

Nobody except for people on your LAN can detect your MAC address.
Old 05-21-2008

Longevity: 94%

hey i got this flash cookie from ebay and its called "secureinclude.ebaystatic.com" o by the way are they any flash cookies placed for tracking reasons on ebay.com.au?
Old 05-21-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by moz999 View Post
I think I figured out how it is done. Perhaps aspkin.com is using an advertising service which places its ads. The ad company can place some unwanted cookies in addition to the images. See this link for more explanation:

The Unofficial Cookie FAQ

Now I know how I get all those doubleclick.com cookies without even having visited them. Ebay might be pulling the same trick!

While visiting aspkin.com you guys need to check your cookies folder often to see what I mean.

Yeah, I have no advertising that leaves cookies behind, so it's not me.
Old 05-22-2008
Executive [VIP]

Default How do I get the nasty flash cookies? I NEED them.

Yep, you read it right. I NEED the nasty flash cookies. Reason? I don't want to go through phone verification of 30+ accounts when the time comes in July, so I made different Windows accounts for every eBay account and keep the flash cookies separate there. I got them already on about half the accounts, but not the others yet.

Has anyone found any 'action' or a page on eBay that gives you a flash cookie every time? I've found that editing the listings does it sometimes, but not always.
Old 05-22-2008
Subscribed [VIP]

I get them every time I log into "my ebay" account. I also set up various user accounts on one of my computors here and use Mozilla objection to see that they are there. I wondering if it might be a good idea to just to leave them there untouched(they are in their separate folders). As long they are not linking and prevents them from calling me or any other trouble, then its all good. If they want to play this way then I'm game.
Old 05-23-2008
Executive [VIP]

Yeah, that's what I'm doing too I'm also doing backups of all flash cookies for all my accounts, so if my computer ever crashes, I can just place them back into the folder. I don't get them always, though. Sometimes I need to change my password, edit a listing, etc. All on dialup so if there was a page that always sets them, that would be easier.
Old 05-27-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 97%

I use proxies to use ebay accounts but i havent got any those flash cookies so i was wondering if using sock5 or VPN,ebay could still plant the flash cookies on your computer?Or its also the way ebay to see whether the users use proxies?
Old 05-29-2008

Default Flash Cookies

Can Flash cookies be in emails from ebay/paypal as well? Or only ebay/paypal proper?
Old 05-30-2008
Administrator

Some say the tracking images eBay adds to emails is out to get you, but I don't think it is. All you have to do is disable images from loading when you're reading your eBay emails; Google Gmail does this by default. Yahoo has an option to disable images as well. Just use Gmail and you won't have to worry about email tracking at all. This info is in eBay Stealth.
Old 06-03-2008

So would you only need to delete flash cookies if using more than one account?
And would it not be advised to uninstall flash player on mozilla?
Making sure that you are getting these flash cookies when you log into your account so that you are not being called up by bay to confirm your details.
I had firefox deleting cookies and internet files when i logged off, is this not necessary anymore? Do we only need to worry about flash cookies now?
Old 06-04-2008

Medway. If you create a new user account for each ebay account, there is no need to clear your flash cookies, as each cookie will be located under a different account name, linking to that eBay account.
Old 06-04-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantisinc View Post
Medway. If you create a new user account for each ebay account, there is no need to clear your flash cookies, as each cookie will be located under a different account name, linking to that eBay account.
So when I create a new user account for each eBay account, there is no need to delete your history, cookies, etc. as it will be all kept in it's own account name? So I can just create the new user and login to that user and then go on my way to eBay correct?

Also does anyone know why if you are on dial-up for other user accounts it is sooooo slow? I know dial up in slow anyway as I use it already for my eBay accounts but for some reason when I dial in through one of my other created user accounts it runs 10 times slower.
Old 06-05-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 95%

Correct me if i am wrong and if this would work. From all the info i have gathered in this thread i believe this to be true unless i am missing something.

Say if i had 3 eBay accounts, i could create 3 different windows user names for each account. Use an AOL screen name AOL desktop 10.0 broadband (I get a different IP everytime i use the AOL broadband, am i still better off using dial up or it doesnt matter aslong as i get another IP?). Use the same AOL account and IP address with a certain ebay account under their specified windows name and that should take care of the tracking issue, so aslong as i keep all that synchronized i will be able to access all 3 ebay accounts on the same computer without linking?
Old 06-05-2008

Thanks for reply mantisinc. So basically I only need to worry about deleting cookies etc once my account has been suspended and I want to open a new one?

Also how can people cope with listing on dial up its so slow, it would take a day to list only a few items, is there any dial up that anyone reccommends? For good connection and price?

Thanks
Old 06-05-2008

I cope with dial-up. It took me 8 hours to list 20 items back in March. It sucks but for me its the best way. Now I did create a new user in Windows and login to dial up yesterday through that new user and the speed was soooo much slower than normal. I don't understand why. So it's gonna suck for me unless I can figure out why it's slower through other user accounts.

Last edited by Modee; 06-15-2008 at 01:38 PM.
Old 06-05-2008

what dial up do you use becca? i tried aol once and it took about 20 mins to load a page:(
Old 06-05-2008
Administrator

It shouldn't take that long becca073, some dialup providers are better then others. You might want to shop around.
Old 06-05-2008
Subscribed [VIP]

I use copper.net they have some of the best prices I've seen. I too have the same problem about using different users and different phone numbers. Some are of decent speed and some are ungodly slow. I'm wondering if it might have to do with the way the modem is set up(i dunno know). I need to talk to my computor tech about that one.