Ebay Tracking via pictures - reusing the same pictures / images in listings? - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > eBay Tracking

eBay Tracking General discussions on eBay tracking, account linking, IP address, user accounts and more.

Old 07-19-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 100%

You might want to change the filenames, and picture size. Make sure you host off eBay or an image hosting site as well. That's were they'll get you.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-19-2007

Longevity: 97%
Default Photos

I think this is anothe reason why me ebay site got shut down I was using old photos from photobucket.com, which I think if I am correct when I start up again I need to redo my photos and start a whole new account with photobucket.. Someone Correct me if I am wrong///????
Old 07-19-2007
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 98%

I don't think image links matter that much since ppl tend to steal links all the time. But I change them anyway.
Old 07-20-2007

Longevity: 99%

oh crap, well im using the old pictures, and kept the names and size all the same.

but it's been 6 days and 1 more day to go. hopefully i won't get shut down.
Old 07-20-2007

actually I uploaded them to AUCTIVA, so maybe it's not THAT bad, because you know, people do steal pictures all the time.
Old 07-21-2007

Smile

If my old account is suspended,i am going to set up a new account with different name (changing new IP). Can i upload the new photo to AUCTIVA (new auctiva account) as i have some suspended account in auctiva.. is it safety? Thanks
Old 07-21-2007

hey john that's what i did. i used my old pictures and uploaded it to new auctiva account and it's okay, after 8 days now (the auction has ended).
Old 07-21-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatebay View Post
hey john that's what i did. i used my old pictures and uploaded it to new auctiva account and it's okay, after 8 days now (the auction has ended).
can u confirm u have used the old computer? & pls let me know ebay always block the proxy server IP or other IP.. coz my IP is always changing. coz i am using Cable modem. thx.
Old 07-22-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by john11888 View Post
can u confirm u have used the old computer? & pls let me know ebay always block the proxy server IP or other IP.. coz my IP is always changing. coz i am using Cable modem. thx.
Hey, yea I am using the same old computer for a year now...
Old 07-22-2007

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatebay View Post
Hey, yea I am using the same old computer for a year now...
can u tell me what things u do before set up a new account. or u can PM to me.
Old 08-23-2007
Executive [VIP]

Default Gallery Pics & Vero

Hey yall let me ask a question. Would it help to not put a gallery picture on ebay to try to stay away from getting verod by ebay. I mean I think having a picture just sticks u out there.
Old 08-23-2007

Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvaughan08 View Post
Hey yall let me ask a question. Would it help to not put a gallery picture on ebay to try to stay away from getting verod by ebay. I mean I think having a picture just sticks u out there.
Maybe, but not using any will almost certainly get you VeRO'd.
I got my first VeRO'd listing a couple of years ago because the picture that I took was too good...it showed the minor differences between the real one and my item. I didn't list my item as real or ⊗⊗⊗⊗...the price should have been an indicator to anyone that it was a knockoff without representing it as such.
I actually had the EB IDs of a couple of people who bid on it and contacted them to see if they were still interested. One of them filled me in on how he spotted it was ⊗⊗⊗⊗, but still bought it.
I think when it comes to pictures (I'm not sure about the gallery issue) you should definitely use one, just don't show enough detail to prove that the item might be in violation of VeRO
Old 08-23-2007
Banned

No, gallery pics does not matter. I use to think that too and didnt use gallery pics but i still got copyright/vero'd.

I just dont understand how it works. I even left out the pics in my auctions (just to see if I would get vero'd/copyright. I still did, with no picture. I was like what gives. i dont even have a picture.
Old 08-23-2007

Probably the category. It seems EB zeros in on certain categories while others can get away with murder. Although I shouldn't jinx myself. I wonder if the secret is to clearly mark that something is a KO and advertise it as such or not? Some KO's are considered collectibles to some people. Again, dependent on the category.
Old 08-23-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Probably the category. It seems EB zeros in on certain categories while others can get away with murder. Although I shouldn't jinx myself. I wonder if the secret is to clearly mark that something is a KO and advertise it as such or not? Some KO's are considered collectibles to some people. Again, dependent on the category.
Isn't this exactly why stuff IS VeRo'd?
The maker of the KO has violated the trademark owner's rights and therefore by offering it for sale you are perpetuating and facillitating the trademark owner's right have been violated.

I think the only way to get a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ Rolex listing pulled any faster than it aready occurs, would be to offer up a "replica Rolex" or "Knockoff Rolex".
In fact I would almost guarantee you that EB has software that specifically red flags all listing with words like knockoff and replica in the listing.
Old 08-23-2007

Well the answer to that is--don't sell knockoff Rolexes.

Seriously though, I think items that have already run their course and been retired or no longer available, OOAK, etc are much less likely to be veroed. Replicas of collectibles are much less closely scrutinized than everyday items. Hell, there's a whole aftermarket for replicas of old film "replicas" and they command nice prices. I have yet to see an auction of these items pulled for use of the term "replica" so I highly doubt that there is software in place to red flag the word.

But again, depends on the category
Old 08-23-2007

I only used Rolexes as an example because they along with LV handbags have to be some of the most closely watched VERO items out there.

Some of these can be "authorized" replicas.

I got a Rolex box VeRO'd, not because if was ⊗⊗⊗⊗, but because someone could put a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ watch in it...it was referred to as something like "enabling" trademark infringement.
I went back on and for the next week or so there were 25-50 of the same type of boxes that just stayed on.
Go figure.
Old 08-23-2007

And the answer to that one is--sellers that make ebay more money usually have more staying power for most items. In fact, if you were a small operation and reported a big operation, most of the time ebay would look for a reason to suspend you before ever looking closely at them.
Old 08-23-2007

Quote:
And the answer to that one is--sellers that make ebay more money usually have more staying power for most items. In fact, if you were a small operation and reported a big operation, most of the time ebay would look for a reason to suspend you before ever looking closely at them.
But how many big time operations are selling VeRO items?
They could never have gotten that big selling VeRO stuff in the first place without getting busted, so it would seem like they made their mark selling something a little safer. Why then would they switch to VeRO items and jeopardize what is seemingly a good business?

There have been people here that have been shut down that I dare say they were paying some pretty high seller fees.

I do agree with you though when you say that often the whistle blower is the one who gets busted...heck happened to me in real life
Old 08-24-2007
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogFacedBoy View Post
Isn't this exactly why stuff IS VeRo'd?
The maker of the KO has violated the trademark owner's rights and therefore by offering it for sale you are perpetuating and facillitating the trademark owner's right have been violated.

I think the only way to get a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ Rolex listing pulled any faster than it aready occurs, would be to offer up a "replica Rolex" or "Knockoff Rolex".
In fact I would almost guarantee you that EB has software that specifically red flags all listing with words like knockoff and replica in the listing.
Okay folks. Listing a "replica rolex" will not work because in Ebay polices it says you cant use the brand name as part of your listing if the item is not the brand name..
Old 08-24-2007
Banned

Quote:
Very Very true Jack!
Old 08-24-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hanson View Post
Okay folks. Listing a "replica rolex" will not work because in Ebay polices it says you cant use the brand name as part of your listing if the item is not the brand name..
I bought several watches for myself and friends from a guy that was from china. I learned of him through a friend who had bought a couple of watches from him through EB. He would then send pictures and prices. I transacted outside of EB with him, but checked out his listings. He is still around, he emailed me his latest last week.

He never used any names in his EB listings, only vague descriptions like "heavy all stainless, automatic men's watch" the photos that he used had every logo photoshoped out of it. He wasn't even comparing the watches to the original. He is NARU'd now. His customer service with me and myfriend was always top-notch. He had to get NARU'd because of VeRO.
BTW he had over 1000 feedback and a score of something like 99.8%