ebayLSO.sol - glitch on ebay tracking system? {German speaker needed} - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > eBay Tracking

eBay Tracking General discussions on eBay tracking, account linking, IP address, user accounts and more.

Old 06-11-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 92%
Default ebayLSO.sol - glitch on ebay tracking system? {German speaker needed}

I found a discussion in german forums about some possible ebay glitch in this new security measure, however it would be great if a german speaker can tell exactly what is being discussed here:

eBay Deutschland: Community - Foren - Die neuen Flash-Cookies - nicht zu überwinden?

Danke

The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-11-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 96%

It talks about an exploit in eBay's flash cookies system where the cookies can potentially be read and used by other websites and other computers, not only eBay. When you visit eBay LSO Stealer it shows the contents of the eBay flash cookies that you have stored. So potentially any website can steal your flash cookies and use them, potentially to access your account and use it without the need of phone authorization. Great job eBay!
Old 06-11-2008
Executive [VIP]

Also note that the exploit has been out for nearly 1 month now and eBay hasn't fixed it yet ...scary!
Old 06-11-2008

Longevity: 93%

imjustme....you speak english, german & japanese...wow...that's some serious talent! Sheisse!!!
Old 06-11-2008

Impressive. I myself speak chinese, japanese, spanish, and english. But not all that well mind you.
Old 06-11-2008

Longevity: 93%

I speak English & French Fluently....I can also speak Spanish & Greek....but not 100% fluently though....Enough to get by.....

Wow Guru...I think that the Asian languages must be the most difficult to learn...I mean its not all about getting the pronunciation right...It's also the tone that you project when your speaking...if you don't project the tone properly, people won 't understand you...I had this Korean friend who was trying to teach me some words......100% hopeless.....It's difficult...
Old 06-12-2008
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjustme View Post
It talks about an exploit in eBay's flash cookies system where the cookies can potentially be read and used by other websites and other computers, not only eBay. When you visit eBay LSO Stealer it shows the contents of the eBay flash cookies that you have stored. So potentially any website can steal your flash cookies and use them, potentially to access your account and use it without the need of phone authorization. Great job eBay!
Scary indeed IJM, thanks for the info. So by the way, are you sticking with your gameplan of: 1) diff. windows user per ebay account 2) Always keeping cookies + flash cookies for each user 3) changing IP for each windows user/ebay/pp combo ? seems to be a nice setup.

IS IT KNOWN YET A SINGLE CALL MADE BY EBAY b/c OF THESE NEW `SECURITY MEASURES?`

(OT) ebaylive: You are right, for ex. Chinese Mandarin uses 4 tones and 1 neutral tone. Printing any emotion to chinese words will result in changing the meaning of the words so you will be most likely misunderstood (common mistake is to give question-tone to questions when there is no need to. They have their own neutral syllable that turns any phrase into questions ('ma'/吗)- I am spanish speaker and have had insane times learning some chinese. Until I got the grasp of proper pronunciation I had to go to bed with chinese audio recordings for several months. But I figure for people like IJM it would be much easier b/c of his native language. Although japanese is said to be as difficult as chinese, he still has to learn from 5.000 to 8.000 ideograms to get to read a newspaper. Mental, isn't it!

Last edited by Cachufleta; 06-12-2008 at 01:04 AM.
Old 06-12-2008
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaylivewithitorwithoutit View Post
imjustme....you speak english, german & japanese...wow...that's some serious talent! Sheisse!!!
English, German, Japanese, French, Italian and Spanish. And a bit of Chinese and Russian, but while I understand most of it, I don't speak those 2 that well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cachufleta View Post
Scary indeed IJM, thanks for the info. So by the way, are you sticking with your gameplan of: 1) diff. windows user per ebay account 2) Always keeping cookies + flash cookies for each user 3) changing IP for each windows user/ebay/pp combo ? seems to be a nice setup.
Yep. And the most important part, backup your hard drive every 24 hours. Because if it fails you lose all your flash cookies and I'd hate to phone verify 50 accounts.
Old 06-12-2008

Yeah its true. I know in Chinese "Gan" can mean 2 things. The meaning changes depending on how to say the tone. A straight tone means "do" and a slanted downwards tone means "fu*k". lol. Its similar in Japanese. Asian languages are difficult but if you study it enough, eventually you will learn it. It helps to visit Japan too. Man I loved Japan, so much fun.
Old 06-13-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 98%

I have not seen any ebay or paypal flash cookies on my computer however I have noticed AMAZON flash cookies on there as well as a slew from other sites like cbs, espn, etc.
Old 06-14-2008

Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjustme View Post
English, German, Japanese, French, Italian and Spanish. And a bit of Chinese and Russian, but while I understand most of it, I don't speak those 2 that well.

Yep. And the most important part, backup your hard drive every 24 hours. Because if it fails you lose all your flash cookies and I'd hate to phone verify 50 accounts.

I am wanting to use the same setup as you although as I am on a cable modem I cannot seem to change the first 2 ranges of my IP and I am worried that eBay will put 2 and 2 together. Currently I have this:

Example: IP 214.4.x.x

Then when I change my ip it still keeps the 214.4 only changing the last 2 parts. Will this flag my accounts if they are created this way with the first 2 ranges the same and if so is there anyway that I can change this ranges?