eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Tracking (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tracking/)
-   -   Changing IP Adress by reseting modem to risky? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tracking/65650-changing-ip-adress-reseting-modem-risky.html)

Trinny 10-07-2013 12:53 AM

Changing IP Adress by reseting modem to risky?

Having read the Ebay stealth guide, I am still worried about changing my IP address by resetting my modem and/or MAC address.

The guide states that '5% of the time you'll get a previously used IP address'. Given that i didnt make a note of my IP address at the time my account was suspended, even if I check the IP address has changed, there is still a 5% chance that it could be the same address as when the account was suspended. If this is true, then this is surely a far too riskly method to use with a stealth account ?

If you agree with the above, then what should I use ? A separate modem and swap between the two. Or a VPN. I have heard VPN's are risky also, but I do not fully understand why.

ps. I'm a newbie, please bear with me :)

Ebayorbust 10-07-2013 01:04 AM

Re: Changing IP Adress by reseting modem to risky?

Get a mobile broadband dongle.

They usually provide a huge range of IP.

If you have network coverage in your area, go for "3".

Dmshark25 10-07-2013 01:26 AM

If u just are talking about the IP FROM ur first real account I wouldn't worry, if u have a service like comcast even though the IPs are dynamic doesn't mean they change all the time, you could have the same IP for 3 months before it changes , so on ur suspended account unless u were changing ur MAC to get a new IP for some reason which I doubt u were if this was ur first real account than I wouldn't worry about changing ur IP using router settings and changing ur MAC , you will find that the more often that u use the same MAC for a particular account than the IP will stay the same for longer. Example if u have 3 stealths and u have 3 MAC address that u use to change the IP for each account , than if u log into ur stealths once or twice a day the IP will stay the same, but if u don't log in for a few days and use the same MAC u will notice a different IP.

I know this may sound confusing but chances are on ur original account u may of only used 3 IPS over a course of a year assuming you kept the same router and ISP, so if ur IP doesn't change by simply turning on and off the modem than u probably haven't used many IPs at all

Change ur MAC 3 times and when u pick up the 3rd IP just go with that , I been using stealth for 10 months and find that's the most stable way of getting a credible IP

GreenBean 10-07-2013 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trinny (Post 492486)
Having read the Ebay stealth guide, I am still worried about changing my IP address by resetting my modem and/or MAC address.

If you agree with the above, then what should I use ? A separate modem and swap between the two. Or a VPN. I have heard VPN's are risky also, but I do not fully understand why.

ps. I'm a newbie, please bear with me :)

To make the matter so much easier, get a dongle.

Saves the hassles and fiddling.

Read Ebayorbust's suggestions.

Good Luck

Trinny 10-07-2013 02:43 AM

A dongle means paying for another internet connection ? That might put me off that solution.

Any thoughts on why/why not to use a VPN ?

ps. I am living in Asia right now if that makes any difference at all.

JamesNorth101 10-07-2013 04:14 AM

Are you trying to create UK accounts?

If so you will then need a VPS to get the right IP, a dial up connection would also do the job.

If paying for a dongle puts you off though, then a good VPS certainly will as they are much more expensive.

GreenBean 10-07-2013 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trinny (Post 492495)
A dongle means paying for another internet connection ? That might put me off that solution.

Any thoughts on why/why not to use a VPN ?

ps. I am living in Asia right now if that makes any difference at all.

Everything makes a difference.

Is this going to be for ebay or etsy?

VPNs are too too too easily detected. Over-used and not recommended.

:mod:

rsot 10-07-2013 05:47 AM

Good to aim for IP changing by modem resetting - is your IP dynamic? Best to start logging your IP by going to IPburger and using this forum tool:

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/multipl...cel-sheet.html

GreenBean 10-07-2013 05:52 AM

Better to get the IP access sorted first.

Then use the file.

:juggle:

rsot 10-07-2013 05:58 AM

The comments are all valid and will wait for OP to post back with his/her decision to proceed :)

Ebayorbust 10-07-2013 05:59 AM

Yes, and keep your profile flag based on your actual location. It allows for more accurate advice to be given.

My previous post was made on the assumption you were UK based as this is what your profile flag indicated.

Trinny 10-07-2013 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 492561)
Good to aim for IP changing by modem resetting - is your IP dynamic? Best to start logging your IP by going to IPburger and using this forum tool:

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/multipl...cel-sheet.html

Sure, I can aim for IP changing by modem resetting. Not sure if my IP is dynamics or not. How do I tell ?

If I only have one stealth account and by resetting the modem would always get a new IP, then can you tell me what the benefit is of logging the IP each time.

ps. I dont know what IP i was using when i was suspended.

Trinny 10-07-2013 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebayorbust (Post 492571)
Yes, and keep your profile flag based on your actual location. It allows for more accurate advice to be given.

My previous post was made on the assumption you were UK based as this is what your profile flag indicated.

I see your point, yes. By this stage I am very paranoid about giving out any information though and my location actual location changes regularly :) I will try to make current location clearer in my posts.

GreenBean 10-07-2013 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trinny (Post 492865)
Sure, I can aim for IP changing by modem resetting. Not sure if my IP is dynamics or not. How do I tell ?

run this program

What Is My IP Address? Lookup IP, Hide IP, Change IP, Trace IP and more...

That will tell you what you have.

Good Luck.

Trinny 11-07-2013 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trinny (Post 492865)

If I only have one stealth account and by resetting the modem would always get a new IP, then can you tell me what the benefit is of logging the IP each time?

I posted these questions above, but i think the thread got confused. Can anyone answer these? I do know how to log the IP, but how can I be sure I wont get the same IP as when i was suspended? I dont know what the IP was when I was suspended.

Thanks in advance.

MM78 11-07-2013 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trinny (Post 501286)
but how can I be sure I wont get the same IP as when i was suspended? I dont know what the IP was when I was suspended.

Thanks in advance.

That's literally impossible, if you don't know what the IP was from a suspended account then you have no idea if you will get that IP again.

gregsales1999 11-07-2013 01:59 PM

If I have my ISP change my IP will eBay be able to tell it is the same computer or area and would it cause suspicion? What is the best way from same location?

An0nym0u$ 11-07-2013 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregsales1999 (Post 501370)
If I have my ISP change my IP will eBay be able to tell it is the same computer or area and would it cause suspicion? What is the best way from same location?

As long as your IP is different, then you are fine. Verify that you have a dynamic IP from your ISP, and you can change your IPs by either resetting your wifi router or modifying its MAC address.

Keep a log of your IPs on a spreadsheet to ensure you are not reusing them.

gregsales1999 11-07-2013 03:35 PM

Does eBay log the IP from location or from the main server from your ISP? Newbie here. Thanks for the help.

rsot 11-07-2013 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregsales1999 (Post 501410)
Does eBay log the IP from location or from the main server from your ISP? Newbie here. Thanks for the help.

Whatever Ipburger.com shows as info is likely what they will log

gregsales1999 11-08-2013 10:55 AM

Does ebay concentrate on the latitude and longitude when tracking? Figured out a new IP but my only concern is that and any other specs on IPBurger. I am spending a lot on a new account that is aged with no limits and can't afford to screw this one up. Any insight would be more than helpful. Thank you!

An0nym0u$ 11-08-2013 11:08 AM

Quote:

Does ebay concentrate on the latitude and longitude when tracking?
No. Focus on the IP itself and not its geolocation.