eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Tracking (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tracking/)
-   -   AOL Broadband,not good (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tracking/8086-aol-broadband-not-good.html)

viking23 11-11-2008 04:46 PM

AOL Broadband,not good

Just got 2 PP accounts limited using AOL broadband.
I deleted everything as always before and in between accounts.
I have been using a remote computer in CA. for awhile now(I am in S.America).
Cant use that computer anymore,so I decided to try AOL broadband.
I logged onto AOL desktop and got 64.12.116.65,so I thought ok its all good.
20 minutes later I got limited.
So I called PP and they said that the ip you logged on from was in Peru.
Well I made triple sure to check my ip before logging in and it gave me the AOL proxy each time.
Then I did a trace search,no Peru ip anywhere only AOL proxy.
This just happened on 2 accounts today,with 2 different AOL ip's.
I called PP both times and got the same response.
So as far as I am concerned,they can see your ip.
And it only cost me $800 to find this out:eek:
So run whatever tests you want on AOL broadband like the earlier post that was moved.
But I am convinced now.

aspkin 11-11-2008 04:51 PM

Research X-Forwarded-For and AOL.

You need to block this header from being passed on if you're going to use AOL proxy with broadband.

pinkharo 11-11-2008 08:08 PM

That's a high cost to pay, but better now then later. At least it will help others with AOL reading this thread.

Hottest_eBay_Goddess 11-19-2008 02:24 AM

Were you using the AOL Browser or another browser like Mozilla or IE?

-HeG

viking23 11-22-2008 07:58 PM

downloaded AOL browser on my desktop and used it.

doughboykilla 11-22-2008 11:18 PM

Good thing you posted this so even if useing aol 9.0 VR browser they can see your real ip and not aol proxy ip.

Hottest_eBay_Goddess 11-25-2008 01:59 AM

Were you signing into free AOL accounts or just using it? I've noticed if your not logged into an account it will usually use your real IP, but when you login, it changes your IP.

viking23 11-25-2008 09:56 AM

I was signed into AOL.
And yes you are right,if you are not signed in and just using the browser it will show your real ip.
And and if you are signed in it will show the AOL ip, lulling you into a false sense of security:cool:

happyjoy 04-04-2009 04:01 PM

When using Aol as a browser, there is mention of disabling the "X forwarded-for header in the firewall. How do I do that? Is it something in AOL that I need to disable? I looked in the control panel firewall and do not see anything that talks about X forwarded-for headers. I would appreciate any guidance on this. Thank you.

metroline 04-06-2009 02:39 AM

I have posted something about AOL before. AOL is dead. Even if you sign in to start the AOL brower, Ebay will still see your real IP.

I have done the test. I changed password in ebay, and ebay sent me a message stating my real IP. Do the test by yourself before you decide what you will use (AOL, VPN, PROXY...).

XFF can be turned off by some proxy software. It can be turned off before you login any windows user, this means it applied to all your windows user. But even if you turn off XFF, AOL will still betray you.

Ghost 04-06-2009 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by metroline (Post 81727)
XFF can be turned off by some proxy software. It can be turned off before you login any windows user, this means it applied to all your windows user. But even if you turn off XFF, AOL will still betray you.

Thanks for saving me the trouble of testing this on my own, then. Do you know why they can still see your real IP even after doing all this though?

GreenBean 04-06-2009 05:48 PM

^^^Ghost
this was a thread created in response to many questions about AOL
http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tr...wser-ebay.html

I hope that helps you work out things. AOL dial-up is fine but the broadband has too many issues for our purposes:peace:

fyoufragu 04-07-2009 05:20 AM

I just found this out to, very unfortunately as I have already used a few accounts thinking I was safe.

DogFacedBoy 04-23-2009 02:15 PM

I have been using AOL for over a year now and always check the IP through IPBurger before signing on to ebay seeing as I use another account on a second computer that has always shown my sbc IP. I noticed just in the last couple of days that even after signing into AOL it now shows the sbc IP and not the AOL proxy. It seems to me that this is something that has only started happening in the past week or so.

If this will no longer work to run multiple accounts, what are others doing to handle multiple accounts runnins at the same time?

aspkin 04-24-2009 08:26 AM

Simply changing ips with a modem reset? Hehe..

Actually I swap out routers, and reset my modem for a quick reset.

But yes, AOL Proxy is dead.. I don't recommend using it anymore.

Dialup, VPN, Broadband, etc.. anything but proxy.