Thinking about purchasing the Blackberry Storm - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > eBay Tracking

eBay Tracking General discussions on eBay tracking, account linking, IP address, user accounts and more.

Old 11-18-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 94%
Default Thinking about purchasing the Blackberry Storm

Its that time of year when most of us are buying new toys for others and are thinking about what new toys to ask for.

I am thinking a PDA might be on my wish list and since I am a verizon customer I might give the blackberry sto*m a try.

I have a few questions that I will throw out to the experts on this forum.

1. I have a basic plan now and would have to upgrade to a broadband plan, how much is this going to raise my phone bill?

2. Right now I am using DSL internet and am paying the phone company 55 bucks a month for phone and DSL, I am hoping I can get rid of this service and just use the phone to allow me the same benefit of being able to change my ip address quickly.

Will the broadband from verizon give me the same benefits I am getting from my DSL internet... will I be able to easily open new accounts by using the phone?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-18-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%

Open accounts on your phone? As long as your phone can accept cookies you can probably do it... but why?

Unless you tether your 3g into your computer it's not the best idea.
Old 11-18-2008
Threadstarter  

I was worried about that.

The reason I want to do it is b/c I hate paying the phone company each month for a phone(landline) I barely use and DSL internet. If I could of done the same thing on the 3g network (change my ip and delete cookies) it would be pretty cool.

I could probably save money and have a killer phone. But if you dont recommend opening accounts on a pda I will stop right there.

Thanks.
Old 11-18-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%

I mean if you want to go through the trouble of doing it then sure. But if it's just to save money I don't think it's worth it.

You don't have broadband cable available in your area? I don't have a landline my self, I use my cellphone and have Time Warner broadband cable.
Old 11-18-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

i seriously wouldnt advise you to take that chance with a Blackberry.. remember these phones open up websites in Mobile form and you'll have a lot of trouble with certain websites .. If you want the Blackberry i'd advise you to go get it but dont cut off your home service, you'll regret it later.

If anything, i'd say get a Windows Mobile Phone ( i have the HTC Mogul <Sprint> ) With a WM phone you can mod them so that you can open up Internet pages in their entirety.
Old 11-18-2008
Threadstarter  

I do have cable broadband available, in fact I can get it for free from a neighbors router (I have permission).

I purchased the DSL because it allows changing ips quickly and it wasent that much more than dialup. It makes switching between accounts fast and easy.

I was just wondering if the 3G network would give me those same benefits.

Does it allow ip changing? if so how

Also if so why do not recommend opening new accounts that way. As long as I find a way to remove cookies I would think it would be legit.
Old 11-18-2008
Threadstarter  

yaw1800- thanks for the input, you have me thinking about possibly the samsung saga.

I am just confused as to why you dont recommend using the phone exclusively. The whole art of switching between accounts is as simple as managing ips and cookies.

If it can switch ips and remove cookies I would think Im in business. Ill keep looking into this.
Old 11-18-2008
Executive [VIP]

If youre simply going to access a few websites such as eBay and Paypal or whatever other business websites, then I'd say go ahead. But arent the Blackberry Plans very expensive?

Also, do you sell on ebay? If so, listing items from your phone will drive you insane (trust me i know) lol
Old 11-21-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaw1800 View Post
i seriously wouldnt advise you to take that chance with a Blackberry.. remember these phones open up websites in Mobile form and you'll have a lot of trouble with certain websites .. If you want the Blackberry i'd advise you to go get it but dont cut off your home service, you'll regret it later.

If anything, i'd say get a Windows Mobile Phone ( i have the HTC Mogul <Sprint> ) With a WM phone you can mod them so that you can open up Internet pages in their entirety.
Being a blackberry user I have to disagree. I manage both EBAY and PAYPAL listings through my BB. I initially set the listings up on my computer using blackberries TETHER feature. If you have good service you get fast dial-up speeds with a new IP each time. Especially on the 3G network.

Use BBrowser and Opera Mini at the same time. opera Handles the harder to display web pages. As BBrowser works forms Opera doesnt.

Check the service in your area before doing it. If you have 2 to 4 bars I would use it.
Old 11-21-2008
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burst View Post
Being a blackberry user I have to disagree. I manage both EBAY and PAYPAL listings through my BB. I initially set the listings up on my computer using blackberries TETHER feature. If you have good service you get fast dial-up speeds with a new IP each time. Especially on the 3G network.

Use BBrowser and Opera Mini at the same time. opera Handles the harder to display web pages. As BBrowser works forms Opera doesnt.

Check the service in your area before doing it. If you have 2 to 4 bars I would use it.
Ahh, i didnt know the Blackberry has Opera, i also use Opera, as well as skyfire. You use your BBerry with Verizon?
Old 11-21-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

the iphone is better! :D
Old 11-21-2008
Executive [VIP]

honesly speaking, the iphone is a little out of its league when it comes to htc / windows mobile phones ..
Old 01-26-2009

Longevity: 89%

I switched from mogul to iphone and i must say i like the iphone much better for everyday tasks. the windows phone was combersome and froze alot. before that i had a treo 650 which i also liked more than the mogul. The mogul is great if you need it. I didnt.