I.P. Address Detection? - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > eBay Tracking

eBay Tracking General discussions on eBay tracking, account linking, IP address, user accounts and more.

Old 03-18-2015
Threadstarter  

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 64%
Default Re: I.P. Address Detection?

Well after 7 trips to Walmart, I bought the router you told me to get. Comcast would not connect it for me. SOOOO, I went back again and RE bought the zoom PLUS 2 routers , so I am hoping I can change my ip address by changing routers with that...Again....... But that would be logical and logic never works in my life.. My life is a miserable mess. I HATE my life, all i do is work and nothing ever works for me... Askpin says "change your ip- no problem!" Well Ive been BEATING my head against the wall for days on end trying to "change my ip"/ Read the stupid book 10 times...// I hate my life // I want to die.... I cant stand living, I'm a slave and the universe OWES ME! If there is such thing as Karma, it is totally in reverse in my life.. I don't deserve the miserable life I live.. Oh well, just keep going at it because there is obviously no god who gives a **** about us at all, who is looking out for us human beings AT ALL. And if there is a "god" he just left us here to rot on this miserable planet.... Thanks for your help friends.... I am sure what i am doing WILL NOT WORK. But hey, i almost had a heart attack doing it and almost got luck and dropped dead.... Cant wait until I can finicky leave this miserable existence and drop dead! That will be the best day of y life.. Well death.. Thanks!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-18-2015
Threadstarter  

Cant wait to die! Thanks
Old 03-18-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 56%

Okay first take a second and breathe. you can do this. All you need is to switch your router/modem package. Tell them you dont want it. You want the BASIC MODEM like Uknown said.

once you have that you need a way to get wifi.

Thats when you use your own router. to give wifi signal.

with this setup you can change your IP ADRESS no DOUBT. 100%
Old 03-18-2015
Threadstarter  

what does the router/modem page mwan? What does that mean??? Also, get this... I finally got a new modem to work, it is a ne modem but IT TOOK ON MY OLD IP ADDRES!!!!!!!!!!HOW IS THIS LOGICALLY POSSIBLE? AT ALL???? OF course these "strange anomolies" I go from one to the next, to the next , to the next, with a dark horrible CURSE over my miserable rotten, stupid life. - so tell me what that means, if I am still alive , illl get back to you. i hat life// life sucks.. God is a joke!!!!! He is a looser! Scum bag god
Old 03-19-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 3%
Longevity: 76%

I'm going to stop helping if all you want to do is troll. You can see only myself and one or two other people are responding to you for the way you are derailing a constructive discussion meant to help you.
Old 03-19-2015
Threadstarter  

I tried the Modem you told me to get at Walmart. Went all the way there, 1Hour away. Came home , hooked it up and Comcast told me they could not link to it!!!!!!! SOOOOOOOOO I went all the way back to walmart and got the very same Zoom modem I had in the first place and I bought two routers. NOW none of my routers will work AT ALL! and I don't know if i have the right set up to change my I.P. address like you said....... Please respond and help me .... I hate life.. I want to die
Old 03-19-2015
Executive [VIP]

And I would love to know exactly why they told you a Comcast approved SB6121 or SB6141 is not compatible?

It's right here, plain as day:

DOCSIS Devices
Old 03-19-2015

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowrotorway View Post
I tried the Modem you told me to get at Walmart. Went all the way there, 1Hour away. Came home , hooked it up and Comcast told me they could not link to it!!!!!!! SOOOOOOOOO I went all the way back to walmart and got the very same Zoom modem I had in the first place and I bought two routers. NOW none of my routers will work AT ALL! and I don't know if i have the right set up to change my I.P. address like you said....... Please respond and help me .... I hate life.. I want to die

I had the same situation right now you have the comcast all in one router/Modem

You need to purchase your own Modem and your own Router

Now before you purchase another modem, what service do you have with Comcast, you need to know this, it will determine which modem that you need

Say if you have the triple play, Cable, Telephone and Internet than you will need a Telephony Modem and that is a modem that has a telephone jack in the back, this is the one I had to purchase because I have the triple play

Now if you do not have phone service with Comcast and just have Cable and Internet, than you do not need to worry about getting a modem with a Phone jack

This is important

So do you have Phone service along with Internet and Cable????

After you determine whether you need a modem that will work with your phone or if you do not need a modem with a phone jack, than go to xfinity.net and go to the search and type something like compatible modems

It will give u a list of modems that you can use, a list of Telephony Modems if you have Comcast phone service and a list of modems without Phone service

Once you see which modem is compatible with the service you have than purchase the modem

And if you haven't purchased a Router yet, get a Netgear N600 Router.

It has a very user friendly setup page and you will be able to change the Mac very easily

Once you have the right modem and purchased a router , call Comcast and let them know you need to set up a new modem, tell them you purchased your own from the approved online list and would like to switch that out with Theres and add your router.

They will walk you through the setup if you do not know how
The Following User Says Thank You to Dmshark25 For This Useful Post:
yellowrotorway (03-19-2015)
Old 03-19-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post

Say if you have the triple play, Cable, Telephone and Internet than you will need a Telephony Modem and that is a modem that has a telephone jack in the back, this is the one I had to purchase because I have the triple play

Now if you do not have phone service with Comcast and just have Cable and Internet, than you do not need to worry about getting a modem with a Phone jack

This is important
Regular modems can be used if you are not physically using the telephony option. I'm running it right now only because they gave me a discount. I just told them I wasn't going to use it, but I want to keep the promotional package. Works no problem.
The Following User Says Thank You to unkown5454 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2015

Well I have xfinity voice as my house phone, so I needed to get a modem that would be compatible for phone service, if you don't have phone service than you don't need the one with a phone jack, or do not want to use your phone service anymore

ARRISS TM722G

This is the modem that I purchased and it has a phone jack if you have xfinity phone service

I just unplugged the modem/router combo that was hooked up and ran the power and Ethernet cable into the ARRISS along with my phone line and than hooked the router up

After that I made a two minute call into Comcast and they sent a code through and that was it I was running again with a modem and Router
The Following User Says Thank You to Dmshark25 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkown5454 View Post
Regular modems can be used if you are not physically using the telephony option. I'm running it right now only because they gave me a discount. I just told them I wasn't going to use it, but I want to keep the promotional package. Works no problem.
Yellowrotorway is just panicking and all over the place, they keep saying they done everything but all u need to,do is Un plug the one modem swap in the other with a router and after its hooked up call Comcast and that's it.

Not sure why they are calling Comcast when they switch routers that's unnecessary
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dmshark25 For This Useful Post:
unkown5454 (03-19-2015), yellowrotorway (03-19-2015)
Old 03-19-2015
Threadstarter  

I have been through living hell. Im not panicking.. I have been working on this for weeks on end........ Everything I DO in life DOESNT WORK. I have Xfinity, but I don't need the phone line. I FINALLY have a set up which is the zoom modem along with a belken N600 Router. THIS WAS AFTER GOING THROUGH NUMEROUS DIFFERENT COMBINATIONS AND SPENDING HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS!!! If I go on my router page NOW I am able to change the mac address. HOWEVER, after I change the mac address, THE I.P. ADDRESS STAYS THE SAME!!! Im not panicking at all. I am just stating the truth, THAT my life sucks, AND everything I do in life DOESNT WORK!! I am cursed BUT WHAT THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO Do?? Kill myself?? Believe me, that is probably the best option but I HAVE NO CHOICE , BUT TO JUST KEEP WORKING on stuff that works for everyone else , but NOT FOR ME... For the slight chance that Maybe I change MY GOD DAMN I.P. ADDRESS LIKE EVERYONE ELSE CAN...
Old 03-19-2015
Threadstarter  

My life sucks , i want to die..
Old 03-19-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

If none of this works and causes so much trouble, can you use your cell phone to tether and get access?

Start taking deep breaths could you.

I do not want to hyperventilate on your account.

And breathe.....

And breathe.....

BREATHE DAMMIT

The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkown5454 View Post
And I would love to know exactly why they told you a Comcast approved SB6121 or SB6141 is not compatible?

It's right here, plain as day:

DOCSIS Devices
I know and I am sure it works for you... But when I bought that modem, i plugged it in, Called comcast and they said they cant connect to it... I know it works for you, with the same internet service and everything but this is how my whole life is.. Things that should work, DO NOT WORL FOR ME... Its not your fault, I wish to god it was that easy for me... But it never, ever is.... ever.
Old 03-19-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
If none of this works and causes so much trouble, can you use your cell phone to tether and get access?

Start taking deep breaths could you.

I do not want to hyperventilate on your account.

And breathe.....

And breathe.....

BREATHE DAMMIT

No, because I need to set myself up to have stealth accounts. Also my cell phone connects to the wi-fi automatically, so it would be the same I.P. address. But thanks : (
Old 03-19-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Yellowrotorway is just panicking and all over the place, they keep saying they done everything but all u need to,do is Un plug the one modem swap in the other with a router and after its hooked up call Comcast and that's it.

Not sure why they are calling Comcast when they switch routers that's unnecessary
I keep calling because I dont have service.. The signal never comes through without their help so I have to keep calling every time I buy a new modem/ router combo
Old 03-19-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
I had the same situation right now you have the comcast all in one router/Modem

You need to purchase your own Modem and your own Router

Now before you purchase another modem, what service do you have with Comcast, you need to know this, it will determine which modem that you need

This is important

So do you have Phone service along with Internet and Cable????

After you determine whether you need a modem that will work with your phone or if you do not need a modem with a phone jack, than go to xfinity.net and go to the search and type something like compatible modems

It will give u a list of modems that you can use, a list of Telephony Modems if you have Comcast phone service and a list of modems without Phone service

Once you see which modem is compatible with the service you have than purchase the modem

And if you haven't purchased a Router yet, get a Netgear N600 Router.

It has a very user friendly setup page and you will be able to change the Mac very easily

Once you have the right modem and purchased a router , call Comcast and let them know you need to set up a new modem, tell them you purchased your own from the approved online list and would like to switch that out with Theres and add your router.

They will walk you through the setup if you do not know how
This is very helpful and is what i needed earlier because I did not know the difference between router and modem. Now I do, but nothing will work. I do have the phone line but I dont use the phone line, so does it still matter what type of modem I buy? Thanks a lot for your contribution to helping me.
Old 03-19-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
This is very helpful and is what i needed earlier because I did not know the difference between router and modem. Now I do, but nothing will work. I do have the phone line but I dont use the phone line, so does it still matter what type of modem I buy? Thanks a lot for your contribution to helping me.
I have xfinity broadband
Old 03-19-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
I have a dynamic IP which Askpin says is favorable in the Stealth Book. But when i change the mac address in the router page , the ip address will NOT change !
Old 03-19-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentHill View Post
ALRIGHT. I had comcast before. ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS ORDER THE BASIC MODEM ( NOT THE ROUTER/MODEM COMBO)

With your own personal router for wifi. Once you have this you can alter your router Mac address or even try router swapping. I like router swapping for the fact that you have a Dedicated IP.
I DID THIS!!! I have changed the mac address in the router page but THE IP ADDRESS STAYS THE SAME!!! I bought 3 different routers for "router swapping" - So I swapped the router, THE IP ADDRESS STAYED THE SAME !!! I have xfinity / comcast dynamic ip address service, which Askpin says is favorable in the Stealth Book... Why is this happening??? Why cant I change my IP address like everyone else in the world can??? This is horrible...
Old 03-19-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
I DID THIS!!! I have changed the mac address in the router page but THE IP ADDRESS STAYS THE SAME!!! I bought 3 different routers for "router swapping" - So I swapped the router, THE IP ADDRESS STAYED THE SAME !!! I have xfinity / comcast dynamic ip address service, which Askpin says is favorable in the Stealth Book... Why is this happening??? Why cant I change my IP address like everyone else in the world can??? This is horrible...
But thanks, I know it works for you but nothing works in my life... KARMA OWES ME!!! I go living hell with everything I do and I get nowhere. My life is a living hell.