How many accounts can be linekd without being suspended - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > eBay Tracking

eBay Tracking General discussions on eBay tracking, account linking, IP address, user accounts and more.

Old 03-31-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 57%
Default How many accounts can be linekd without being suspended

In my previous thread about account linkage some experienced people wrote that if two stealth active accounts with completely different info are linked, they can survive until one of them suspended.
Assuming I got 20 accounts and i never been suspended and one of them is about to get suspended due to low performance, how can i be sure hes suspension will not drug more accounts down? how can i know if hes linked to an other account because of an IP mistake?
How many stealth accounts can be linked and stay active if they never been linked to any suspended account? 2? 3? 10+?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-31-2015

Longevity: 63%
Send a message via ICQ to nivo Send a message via Skype™ to nivo
Default Re: How many accounts can be linekd without being suspended

The only way to know if the accounts were linked, was to record everything since the beginning of time with each one.

If one goes down, all will likely follow.

If you just linked on IP one time, say using a mobile hotspot, you will likely be fine as many people use these IPs.

In theory probably an unlimited amount of accounts can get linked.. not sure if ebay/PP has there computer setup to limit the number of accounts (or different names) one can have.

Edit: I would stop using the one with low performance or at least try to bring it up if at possible. If it is not gone yet, don't chance it. Like if it is ratings you're having issues with; offer to "pay" people to leave feedback.. like giving them a % off future orders if they leave good feedback. But this can't be done via messages and some users may report you just for that too.

Last edited by nivo; 03-31-2015 at 11:28 AM.
Old 03-31-2015
Threadstarter  

It's very hard to believe that they will keep 10+ linked accounts with completely different info.

Last edited by Klemantina; 03-31-2015 at 12:05 PM.
Old 03-31-2015

It depends what we mean by linked info still? What is being linked?

There servers just find the links and ban if something links to the banned accounts. Not like some rep sees (unless manual review) these 10 accounts and is like "okay".. As long as you do not cause ebay potential problems (red flags), they typically like revenue but we all obviously know these red flags can come from linking certain things though.

Obviously just don't link the accounts in the first place!
Old 03-31-2015
Threadstarter  

Of course i don't mean just the small possible ip links, which just might turn a red light. I mean if i got 100% linked by something alse.
Old 03-31-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klemantina View Post
Of course i don't mean just the small possible ip links, which just might turn a red light. I mean if i got 100% linked by something alse.
Well I have never linked 10 accounts to the same address all with different names. Although I do not have experience with something that major nor do I really want to.

Maybe others have more experience as it would be interesting to hear what they say.
Old 03-31-2015
Threadstarter  

I'm not using same info on accounts. I mean if some kind of nasty combination of ip,cookies,browser fingerprint and other things got me 100% linked and i'm not even aware of it because no accounts been suspended. That's very important because i'll have to change my business plan to let accounts cool off instead of using them until they die which is easier and more efficient for me right now.
Old 03-31-2015

Well never try to change things too dramatically, like if you're selling 100 items per month on each account and they all drop off, that may be suspicious or harder to start selling again after cooling down. I would to create virtual machine or get different computers sooner rather then later and just start to split the accounts to create less of a link. Again, don't change dramatically but maybe make it look like 2+ people used the same computer but then one of them got their own computer. Obviously this is not fool proof but may help your case. And if they do ban accounts, you may have some leverage stating that it was not you, and explain the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ story.

Like I said, nothing is certain in any matter, but that is my opinion on the best approach to take to help you out.

If you need any technical help with like VMs (virtual machines) or such, I am always willing to help!
Old 03-31-2015
Threadstarter  

I'm not changing anything dramatically, keeping everything different but you never know what kind of algorithms they use. Thanks a lot for your help, really appreciate it, I'm planning to start using VMs soon.
Still waiting for a clear answer from someone who went threw this kind of problems.
Old 04-01-2015

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

You need to learn to operate the correct way. You need to learn to operate each account link free.

It's the whole idea of operating stealth accounts. There are many steps and certain operations that need to be followed, and if you are disciplined and do not take short cuts there should never be a link

When you can operate many accounts knowing 100% that they are link free you than have an understanding of eBay Stealth
Old 04-02-2015
Threadstarter  

I have 20+ accounts since July and I never been suspended, what exactly made you think i'm not operating properly?
All I wanna know is if it's 100% possible to be linked with 3+ accounts and not being aware of that because no one of them linked to a suspended account.

I'm 90% sure it's impossible but some people here wrote that it's possible. If it is, i'll have to change my business plan and forget about low DSR accounts instead of using them until they are suspended which may cause more suspensions if i'm linked and i'm not aware of it.
If somebody knows the answer, please share it.
Old 04-02-2015
just_smile

Longevity: 0%

You won't know if you have linked accounts until it is to late. There's no way to check what accounts you're linked to on ebay. As long as you follow all stealth procedure your accounts should be link free.

I can say that if your accounts are linked, and one gets suspended, it doesn't mean all accounts will definitely be suspended.

As an example, my original account was directly linked to at least 2 family members accounts. Same ip, address, last name etc. Their accounts are still running smoothly 3 years later.
Old 04-02-2015
Threadstarter  

I never assumed that there is a way to check if i'm linked.
If what you wrote works then I can save lots of time and addresses and just open another 2-10 family members to each account I have.
Did you try using same CC for verification? same phone? can all the family send funds to dads Paypal? did you always use same ip? did you mix products? if so how many similar products you had? did you call them to explain after your account was suspended?
Old 04-02-2015
just_smile

Longevity: 0%

Quote:
I never assumed that there is a way to check if i'm linked.
If what you wrote works then I can save lots of time and addresses and just open another 2-10 family members to each account I have.
Did you try using same CC for verification? same phone? can all the family send funds to dads Paypal? did you always use same ip? did you mix products? if so how many similar products you had? did you call them to explain after your account was suspended?
All of the things you have mentioned are terrible ideas. Do not do any of that.

The forum teaches best practice for stealth. That is what I adhere to.

I was just providing an example so you can see being 'linked' isn't always black and white.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Dmshark25 (04-02-2015), GreenBean (04-03-2015)
Old 04-02-2015

Quote:
I have 20+ accounts since July and I never been suspended, what exactly made you think i'm not operating properly?.

I wouldn't make your business plan based on fear of something that may or may not exist.

The solution is not to stop using accounts with low DSRs because you are not sure if you are operating correctly and may have created links between your accounts.

The correct Solution would be to first address why you are receiving too many low DSRs, if you ignore this you will constantly be making the same mistakes and losing accounts

You also need to keep studying up and learning proper operations until there is no doubt that accounts you create and operate are not linked

Than after you corrected your business and Stealth operations is when you continue making more accounts, but don't just keep making accounts until you are operating the ones you have correctly. Accounts shouldn't be falling below standard if this is common for you than its an issue that needs urgent attention

After you get more experience in running multiple accounts you will know your ready when that fear of accounts being linked no longer exists
Old 04-02-2015
Threadstarter  

Unfortunately I'm mostly a dropshipper because I don't have enough money to spend on inventory so many times i have to deal with problematic suppliers. The DSR issue is inevitable because i also can't create many tax id's so i cant drop low profit items to have a higher DSR. Also there is the competitors and idiot buyers problem which makes the DSR impossible in my case. Hopefully the 2 accounts that are about to be suspended because of low DSR will not drag more suspensions due to mysterious past linkage.
Also I would love to try creating a family accounts and see how far it can go, it should save me lots of problems and maybe worth the risk.
Anyway, thanks for the help, hopefully more people will share their experience here.

The replies I was looking for are from people that got suspended due to low DSR and the suspension caused more suspensions which wasn't supposed to happen because they never been linked to other accounts.

Last edited by Klemantina; 04-02-2015 at 04:17 PM.
Old 04-02-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 53%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post
You need to learn to operate the correct way. You need to learn to operate each account link free.

It's the whole idea of operating stealth accounts. There are many steps and certain operations that need to be followed, and if you are disciplined and do not take short cuts there should never be a link

When you can operate many accounts knowing 100% that they are link free you than have an understanding of eBay Stealth
This.

Unless you start operating all your accounts in a correct way, you will always operate in fear of losing one or more of them. It's a bad habit to have and a bad stealth practice.

Miyamoto Musashi once said:
Quote:
If you know the Way broadly, you will see it in everything.
This applies to everything in life and once you seeit, it's easier to operate in that way as well.
Old 04-02-2015
Threadstarter  

Your ninja way of life doesn't apply to what I mean. There is too many ways to get linked by mistake. Pictures wasn't cleaned properly, ip wasn't saved properly, corrupted files, the pc broke or stolen and the ip's are gone and then your not sure if you used it or not, you used the same type of messages to your customers by mistake, browser fingerprint and many more. "If you don't know the way broadly, you probably need a GPS"
Old 04-03-2015

Quote:
Your ninja way of life doesn't apply to what I mean. There is too many ways to get linked by mistake. Pictures wasn't cleaned properly, ip wasn't saved properly, corrupted files, the pc broke or stolen and the ip's are gone and then your not sure if you used it or not, you used the same type of messages to your customers by mistake, browser fingerprint and many more. "If you don't know the way broadly, you probably need a GPS"
Thank God for GPS :P

Virtual Machines will help a ton. One computer to worry about, not 10 and where one can get stolen. Keep a excel sheet with info, and have it backed up encase something happened. Make sure to regular backup your PC with the VM's (or any computer for the manor).

Within each VM/account, I just have a text file that stores my info. Within this info, I have "unique" ways to respond to people, how I present my info for the listing, etc. Keep batch purifier on each account and wash the photo before you upload.

Main OS keeps a log of IP's. Since I use 4g, I just clear the the old ones after a few days.

I can assure you it is very possible to not link accounts without much effort once you get into the habbit of things.

EDIT: I grew up doing electronics and knew a lot of things before every putting my knowledge into ebay and such. If you did not have a technical background, I can understand everything is overwhelming at the start. But that is the same for any job.

Last edited by nivo; 04-03-2015 at 08:10 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to nivo For This Useful Post:
SM2015 (06-30-2015)
Old 04-03-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

There is no set maximum or minimum - you just need to avoid linking period
Old 04-03-2015
Threadstarter  

Thanks for everyone who tried to help, very nice to know that there is so many kind people here.
The replies I was looking for are from people that got suspended due to low DSR and the suspension caused more suspensions which wasn't supposed to happen because they never been linked to other accounts.
Old 04-03-2015

Eventually everything will become second nature and it won't seem as overwhelming. Just never cut corners and do all the things you mentioned every time, like log IPS, always clean metadata from photos, turn images off from email accounts, etc....

It seems like a lot but after doing everything for a couple years everyday it becomes extremely easy, and you won't even think about links because you have the operations down so well u never would even think of not logging an IP, or uploading photos without stripping data and so on