eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Tracking (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tracking/)
-   -   Does PP/EB record MAC Address ?? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tracking/86724-does-pp-eb-record-mac-address.html)

totalwebsmedia 06-16-2015 07:16 PM

Does PP/EB record MAC Address ??

Hello Guys,

So, if it does, then it records Router MAC or Network Adapter in Motherboard MAC ??

For Stealth Mode

I can change IP but cant change MAC but I can do Virtualbox

123 06-19-2015 02:14 PM

Re: Does PP/EB record MAC Address ??

Hi dont worry about changing your MAC as long as your ip changes youll be fine / make sure to note ip changes & compare them

JamesNorth101 06-19-2015 02:16 PM

IP is all you need to worry about

Use this thread to help

slokor 06-19-2015 03:56 PM

No they do not record your MAC address. They do not have the ability to do that.

aspkin 06-21-2015 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by totalwebsmedia (Post 678278)
Hello Guys,

So, if it does, then it records Router MAC or Network Adapter in Motherboard MAC ??

For Stealth Mode

I can change IP but cant change MAC but I can do Virtualbox

Via your web browser.. nope, they can't grab your MAC address. Though other applications.. sure it's easy enough. :nerd:

rsot 06-21-2015 09:47 PM

There is no indication that MAC is being tracked - I don't worry about this OP

zexaah 06-23-2015 07:11 AM

only ip mang

feadup 06-23-2015 07:50 AM

yes they can VIA WEBrtc if you not close it

GreenBean 06-23-2015 07:56 AM

Pay attention to aspkin.

He have the most prudent advice.

feadup 06-23-2015 08:05 AM

sure he is, I am talking about specific case , if the WEBrtc is open...they can get manythings, in Firefox many ways you can close that.

isitworththestress 06-26-2015 12:18 PM

I think there are a few websites like penopticlick that show you what a website can see from your browser unless you use addons like NoScript that block most things.

One surprising one was what fonts i have on my computer.

If you check out penopticlick there is a good read about computer/browser fingerprints that does not change from computer user accounts. Suppuosed to have answers but still reading.

https://panopticlick.eff.org/browser-uniqueness.pdf

incniu 01-21-2016 12:09 PM

Ebay may or may not record the MAC address

BUT, they can tell if you are login using computer 1 vs. computer 2.

JamesNorth101 01-21-2016 12:49 PM

They dont record MAC addresses

incniu 01-21-2016 06:46 PM

No one knows about eBay.

Sure Amazon will record and link.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 (Post 740355)
They dont record MAC addresses

JamesNorth101 01-21-2016 07:14 PM

No they dont....

We know that both eBay and Amazon do not record MAC address

Please to not make things up without hard proof

incniu 01-21-2016 10:05 PM

The question is if they could catch your MAC address ,more than if they are doing it?

Amazon did it years ago; now Still afraid if it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 (Post 740500)
No they dont....

We know that both eBay and Amazon do not record MAC address

Please to not make things up without hard proof

rsot 01-21-2016 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by incniu (Post 740519)

Amazon did it years ago; now Still afraid if it.

What proof do you have of this?

incniu 01-21-2016 10:38 PM

Proof is they can detect and delete your accounts even you are using different PCs, let alone using different users on same PC.

Anyway, technically, they can track you from mac (either PC or router) if they want to, right?

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 740529)
What proof do you have of this?

Rufus 01-22-2016 08:23 AM

Different PC's means different MAC addresses...so how does this proof show that they can read your MAC addresses and link your accounts by spotting the same MAC? It doesn't...

Anyway, the MAC address is being used by your device only to communicate on your local network (cabled or wireless). When the data packages you send on the internet are leaving your local network (through router or through your ISP provider), your mac address is lost. The data packages are being sent from a different MAC address now. And each time they pass through a routing point, your packages are getting a new MAC address.

Technically speaking, the only way a website could read your MAC address is by installing a piece of software on your computer that could be able to abusively read your machine's configuration. This way it would be able to see the MAC address, too.
But this method is very abusive, could be illegal too, and also it's very hard for a company to maintain such a large data base (the machine configuration and the mac address of each visitor)

Long story short...unless you're in the same LAN with EBAY or AMZ :suspicious:, don't worry about your MAC address. Worry about browser fingerprinting, flash cookies, VPN IP, browser DNS leaks etc.

MM78 01-22-2016 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rufus (Post 740644)
Different PC's means different MAC addresses...so how does this proof show that they can read your MAC addresses and link your accounts by spotting the same MAC? It doesn't...

Anyway, the MAC address is being used by your device only to communicate on your local network (cabled or wireless). When the data packages you send on the internet are leaving your local network (through router or through your ISP provider), your mac address is lost. The data packages are being sent from a different MAC address now. And each time they pass through a routing point, your packages are getting a new MAC address.

Technically speaking, the only way a website could read your MAC address is by installing a piece of software on your computer that could be able to abusively read your machine's configuration. This way it would be able to see the MAC address, too.
But this method is very abusive, could be illegal too, and also it's very hard for a company to maintain such a large data base (the machine configuration and the mac address of each visitor)

Long story short...unless you're in the same LAN with EBAY or AMZ :suspicious:, don't worry about your MAC address. Worry about browser fingerprinting, flash cookies, VPN IP, browser DNS leaks etc.

Took the words out of my mouth! excellent explanation.

incniu 01-22-2016 01:54 PM

Thanks. IP and cookies are most important.

When I login in at a new computer with new ip and cookies, the amazon/ebay will sometimes ask for verification to see if someone stole my account.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rufus (Post 740644)