Etsy case - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe
     

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!


Go Back   Home > Marketplace Discussions > Etsy Discussions

Etsy Discussions Etsy Forums. General discussions on Etsy, direct checkout, account suspensions, suspended, banned and more.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 01-06-2017
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 29
Thanks: 7
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 35%
iTrader: (0)
Default Etsy case

I have stealth an Etsy shop and recently 2 customers created case because of they did not receive their orders. First one is USA buyer and unfortunately usps doen't show information about package status, second one is UK buyer and royal mail shows deivery was attempted. My etsy account stealth and because of this I don't add tracking info on etsy, I just send them buyers mail address.
Should I add tracking info on etsy for these cases? If I add tracking info, does etsy suspended my shop? Because my real address info registered on my local postal service tracking system. Any advise for closing these cases?
Reply With Quote
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

  #2  
Old 01-06-2017
MM78's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 14,135
Thanks: 1,107
Thanked 4,802 Times in 3,327 Posts
Activity: 25%
Longevity: 71%
iTrader: (4)
Default Re: Etsy case

So you sent the items without tracking.....you have no leg to stand on.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
unkown5454 (01-07-2017)
  #3  
Old 01-06-2017
MU
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,210
Thanks: 450
Thanked 550 Times in 347 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 76%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Etsy case

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
So you sent the items without tracking.....you have no leg to stand on.
That's not what they said. They said the one tracking doesn't show delivery, the other shows delivery attempted. He's worried that being stealth will make him get flagged if he adds the tracking to the cases.

From my own experience, just add the tracking. The person who reviews it just wants to see it mailed.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-07-2017
unkown5454's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 4,186
Thanks: 2,144
Thanked 1,296 Times in 930 Posts
Activity: 31%
Longevity: 67%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Etsy case

no tracking is a death knell buster brown. that was your choice.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-07-2017
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 29
Thanks: 7
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 35%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Etsy case

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiator View Post
That's not what they said. They said the one tracking doesn't show delivery, the other shows delivery attempted. He's worried that being stealth will make him get flagged if he adds the tracking to the cases.

From my own experience, just add the tracking. The person who reviews it just wants to see it mailed.
Yes I always ship the orders via registered airmail with tracking number. The postal services will kill me, for example the usps usually show the information step by step but sometimes no information untill delivery long time. The Royal Mail is worse, they mostly don't show any information untill delivery.
I just want to learn if I add tracking info to etsy case, do they flagged me? If so I'll issue refund.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-07-2017
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 360
Thanks: 11
Thanked 80 Times in 62 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 33%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Etsy case

I would assume the only way it will have a negative impact is if you say you are based in a different country to where you are actually posting from, or if the place its posted from is a hell of a long distance away from where you say you are.

So eg, if you are in the UK and you tell Et.sy you are based in birmingham, but you posted it in London, they may look at closing your account.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-07-2017
MU
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,210
Thanks: 450
Thanked 550 Times in 347 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 76%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Etsy case

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeranimo71 View Post
Yes I always ship the orders via registered airmail with tracking number. The postal services will kill me, for example the usps usually show the information step by step but sometimes no information untill delivery long time. The Royal Mail is worse, they mostly don't show any information untill delivery.
I just want to learn if I add tracking info to etsy case, do they flagged me? If so I'll issue refund.
Add it. You should be fine. I've added US based tracking numbers for accounts I have that show being elsewhere and never got shut down. Why? Because change offs happen and new numbers get issues and hey...not my problem. Etsy won't get too upset for this. I've only been asked about it once and that was the same explanation I gave (Think how Fedex/USPS international works) and it was cool.

You don't wanna lose your shop and items, so if it's low cost and you're afraid of the risk...refund. But if it's expensive or whatever, post the number. I'd post the number either way.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gladiator For This Useful Post:
jeranimo71 (01-07-2017)
  #8  
Old 01-07-2017
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 29
Thanks: 7
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 35%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Etsy case

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiator View Post
Add it. You should be fine. I've added US based tracking numbers for accounts I have that show being elsewhere and never got shut down. Why? Because change offs happen and new numbers get issues and hey...not my problem. Etsy won't get too upset for this. I've only been asked about it once and that was the same explanation I gave (Think how Fedex/USPS international works) and it was cool.

You don't wanna lose your shop and items, so if it's low cost and you're afraid of the risk...refund. But if it's expensive or whatever, post the number. I'd post the number either way.
Thanks for the answer.. I think to issue refund, because my real name and address info registered on Turkish Postal service. If I add this tracking number, etsy could see my real address and I don't want to risk my shop. When I have issued refund, does etsy close the case automatically?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-07-2017
MU
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,210
Thanks: 450
Thanked 550 Times in 347 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 76%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Etsy case

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeranimo71 View Post
Thanks for the answer.. I think to issue refund, because my real name and address info registered on Turkish Postal service. If I add this tracking number, etsy could see my real address and I don't want to risk my shop. When I have issued refund, does etsy close the case automatically?
They cannot see your info.

They close cases automatically for refunded items/items showing delivered.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-07-2017
unkown5454's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 4,186
Thanks: 2,144
Thanked 1,296 Times in 930 Posts
Activity: 31%
Longevity: 67%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Etsy case

this is not EB or AZ. you are taking this way too seriously. sell legit items and quickly deliver them to customers and you will never have an issue.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to unkown5454 For This Useful Post:
jeranimo71 (01-07-2017)
  #11  
Old 01-17-2017
MU
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,210
Thanks: 450
Thanked 550 Times in 347 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 76%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Etsy case

I've never had a buyer have a problem unless an item didn't show up after two weeks or more, which usually means foreign shipping was at play.
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Etsy help! nonamegame Etsy Discussions 14 04-09-2019 04:51 PM
New ETSY Stealth with old Paypal which still not pay ETSY fee makes linkage ? ncv4a Etsy Discussions 36 07-07-2017 09:21 AM
eBay decides case in my favor but buyer opens case in paypal Yng.Strategist eBay Discussion! 4 07-14-2016 06:18 PM
Scammer open the case for not receiving item before I open unpaid case. Help wendychen2000us eBay Discussion! 4 04-28-2016 12:45 PM
Etsy help please JumpingJean Other Auction Sites 18 05-26-2014 10:19 AM


Aspkin Group

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:10 PM.


Stop the guessing games and learn how you can quickly and easily get back on eBay today!
Read the best selling step-by-step eBay Suspension guide eBay Stealth!
Amazon Suspension? Read Amazon Ghost to get back on Amazon!
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger
no new posts