quick question - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Etsy Discussions

Etsy Discussions Etsy Forums. General discussions on Etsy, direct checkout, account suspensions, suspended, banned and more.

Old 10-29-2018
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 33%
Default quick question

Do i need to use a Dedicated IP or VPN or anything of that sort along with a new mac address if i am using a Virtual Machine to make a new stealth account?

This goes for both etsy and amazon since i want to make accounts for both... I registered an LLC and acquired an EIN as well, will this be enough to make new accounts for both?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-29-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 49%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz
Default Re: quick question

You would need a new IP regardless of the ecommerce platform. Using a VPN is only one of the many different ways you can get a new IP. IPbooger VPN's are really pushed around here since IPbooger is owned by Aspkin, but that is far from being your only option. You can also use mobile tethering, Mifi boxes from cell phone providers, a new wired internet connection, etc..
Old 10-29-2018
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 53%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipski View Post
Do i need to use a Dedicated IP or VPN or anything of that sort along with a new mac address if i am using a Virtual Machine to make a new stealth account?

This goes for both etsy and amazon since i want to make accounts for both... I registered an LLC and acquired an EIN as well, will this be enough to make new accounts for both?

No matter what you'll need an IP that's not been used on any other account you had before.

I used to just change IP on my modem as the eBay Stealth and Amazon Ghost show us how to do, but that has become very tedious when you operate multiple accounts, so I went ahead and used IPBurger VPN last year.

I haven't gotten linked and it's made my work a lot more efficient and faster.
Old 10-29-2018
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Even if i am using a virtual machine i need to get new IPs then?

If so, and i am using a virtual machine, do i get the new Dedicated IP from IPBurger on my host computer, then open my VM, and i'll be fine?

Last edited by flipski; 10-29-2018 at 10:26 AM.
Old 10-29-2018
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,653 Times in 1,250 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 61%

Yes you need a new/different IP even with a virtual machine.

I guess there is a way to associate VPNs to virtual machine but I am not an expert in this field.
You can get in touch with VPN providers here in the marketplace.
Old 10-29-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 49%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:

If so, and i am using a virtual machine, do i get the new Dedicated IP from IPburger on my host computer, then open my VM, and i'll be fine?
Using a virtual machine doesn't get you a new IP. Your virtual machine will access the internet with the same IP as your host computer by default.

What I do personally is install Softether VPN Client on all of my virtual machines and then configure each VM's VPN connection that way.

So yes, setting up your VPN connection within your VM is the way to go.
Old 10-29-2018

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%

Quote:

If so, and i am using a virtual machine, do i get the new dedicated IP from IPBurger on my host computer, then open my VM, and i'll be fine?
A virtual machine is basically getting a new computer, so it only ticks that box.

You'll still need a new IP.

You install IP burger onto that virtual machine, that way the VPN is active ONLY within that virtual machine. You can do whatever you want on the host side without worrying about getting linked.
Old 10-29-2018
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Okay, I will use IPBurger or softether from within the virtual machine. I don't have to worry about the mac address at all from inside the VM right?

I also have another question, the purpose IPBurger is to give me a new IP that is static right? meaning it wont change when I close my VM and turn it back on, etc. Will the VPN program give me an option of where to choose the IP location or does it just give me a random IP from anywhere in the world?

-this is just as a billing address question since within the LLC I listed the address of the business as my actual office's address, I don't know if this might affect verification or anything like that

Last edited by flipski; 10-29-2018 at 12:40 PM.
Old 10-29-2018

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%

Quote:
Okay, I will use ipburger or softether from within the virtual machine. I don't have to worry about the mac address at all from inside the VM right?

I also have another question, the purpose IPBurger is to give me a new IP that is static right? meaning it wont change when I close my VM and turn it back on, etc. Will the VPN program give me an option of where to choose the IP location or does it just give me a random IP from anywhere in the world?

-this is just as a billing address question since within the LLC I listed the address of the business as my actual office's address, I don't know if this might affect verification or anything like that
Mac address is never a concern. Don't worry about that.

Correct about IPBurger/Static IP. It will be a single IP. Location you choose.