Anyone interested in setting up an oneline store in China? - eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe
     

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!


Go Back   Home > Marketplace Discussions > Etsy Discussions

Etsy Discussions Etsy Forums. General discussions on Etsy, direct checkout, account suspensions, suspended, banned and more.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 01-04-2019
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 2%
iTrader: (0)
Default Anyone interested in setting up an oneline store in China?

I'm trying to run a tiny startup to assist foreigners (SMEs or individuals) in setting up and running an online store in China, and would like to get some suggestions from you. Will you consider running a Chinese online store at the same time, and what you would expect from a service provider?

Millions of Chinese SMEs and individuals are selling on every online platform in the US and other part of the world, but there's almost no foreign sellers running an online store in China. What do you think of this? I guess the barrier for you should be language?
Reply With Quote
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

  #2  
Old 01-04-2019
phaz0rz's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 7,154
Thanks: 1,419
Thanked 2,346 Times in 1,806 Posts
Activity: 93%
Longevity: 28%
iTrader: (2)
Default Re: Anyone interested in setting up an oneline store in China?

The barrier isn't language - that obstacle is easy to overcome.

The barrier is price point. Chinese products are so much cheaper than American or Euro products that it would be a suicide mission for an American business to try competing directly in the Chinese market, unless you already have a billion dollar brand that Chinese people are willing to pay more for.

That's just my opinion. There was another Chinese member here a few years ago asking why there aren't more foreigners interested in investing in the China market, and that was the basic answer they got.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-04-2019
yankee's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 7,376
Thanks: 2,086
Thanked 2,403 Times in 1,776 Posts
Activity: 74%
Longevity: 44%
iTrader: (2)
Default Re: Anyone interested in setting up an oneline store in China?

other than price of goods, the costs of getting goods to china is exorbitantly expensive.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
ebaystealth1974 (02-14-2019)
  #4  
Old 01-04-2019
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 2%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Anyone interested in setting up an oneline store in China?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
The barrier isn't language - that obstacle is easy to overcome.

The barrier is price point. Chinese products are so much cheaper than American or Euro products that it would be a suicide mission for an American business to try competing directly in the Chinese market, unless you already have a billion dollar brand that Chinese people are willing to pay more for.

That's just my opinion. There was another Chinese member here a few years ago asking why there aren't more foreigners interested in investing in the China market, and that was the basic answer they got.
If that is the case, why some american people buy from Etsy given that they can get those made cheaper in China? Alibaba had a goal to conect a million's of american SMEs to China via e-Commerce, do you think it reasonable? (https://www.supplychaindive.com/news...na-sme/446841/),
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-04-2019
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 2%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Anyone interested in setting up an oneline store in China?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
other than price of goods, the costs of getting goods to china is exorbitantly expensive.
I guess usually it would take $10-$20 each item for shipping.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-04-2019
Subscribed [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 35
Thanks: 6
Thanked 6 Times in 3 Posts
Activity: 26%
Longevity: 2%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Anyone interested in setting up an oneline store in China?

Sounds interesting! Any niche market available ? Chinese do almost everything. XDXDXD
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-04-2019
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 2%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Anyone interested in setting up an oneline store in China?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPH View Post
Sounds interesting! Any niche market available ? Chinese do almost everything. XDXDXD
I'm quite skeptical too as pointed out by phaz0rz. But another fact is that Alibaba is trying to make it happen via eWTP. Quit confusing.

Is everything well in VE? There's a lot of a bad news in China on VE's economy. VE is considered a dangerous country by Chinese people now; Hope everything will be fine there.

Last edited by hyp530; 01-04-2019 at 07:17 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-05-2019
rk777's Avatar
Subscribed [VIP]
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 25
Thanks: 11
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 17%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Anyone interested in setting up an oneline store in China?

i interested in aliexpress.
__________________
rk777
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-05-2019
phaz0rz's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 7,154
Thanks: 1,419
Thanked 2,346 Times in 1,806 Posts
Activity: 93%
Longevity: 28%
iTrader: (2)
Default Re: Anyone interested in setting up an oneline store in China?

I am also interested in hearing more about the plight of an e-commerce merchant in Venezuela. I've heard that VE barely has electricity in a lot of places. I donated $250 to a random guy in VE a year ago I met online who was struggling to feed his family. With that $250 the guy literally bought a farm.

In all my years selling I've only shipped 1 package to Venezuela, and that package had "mansion" something or another in the address. Venezuelans I've talked to online have told me that shipment was most likely going to some kind of political elite in the country. Interesting stuff for sure...
__________________


Last edited by phaz0rz; 01-05-2019 at 10:58 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-05-2019
WasTopRatedThenBanned's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 270
Thanks: 34
Thanked 33 Times in 28 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 67%
iTrader: (1)
Send a message via Yahoo to WasTopRatedThenBanned
Default Re: Anyone interested in setting up an oneline store in China?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
I am also interested in hearing more about the plight of an e-commerce merchant in Venezuela. I've heard that VE barely has electricity in a lot of places. I donated $250 to a random guy in VE a year ago I met online who was struggling to feed his family. With that $250 the guy literally bought a farm.

In all my years selling I've only shipped 1 package to Venezuela, and that package had "mansion" something or another in the address. Venezuelans I've talked to online have told me that shipment was most likely going to some kind of political elite in the country. Interesting stuff for sure...
He bought a farm? Sounds like a good investment opportunity.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-05-2019
LSD's Avatar
LSD LSD is offline
Subscribed [VIP]
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 97
Thanks: 35
Thanked 13 Times in 11 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 41%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Anyone interested in setting up an oneline store in China?

Getting out of china is easy, getting in is almost impossible.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-05-2019
phaz0rz's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 7,154
Thanks: 1,419
Thanked 2,346 Times in 1,806 Posts
Activity: 93%
Longevity: 28%
iTrader: (2)
Default Re: Anyone interested in setting up an oneline store in China?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasTopRatedThenBanned View Post
He bought a farm? Sounds like a good investment opportunity.
Yeah, hyperinflation is very real down there. You could potentially go down there with a few thousand $'s and be set.

The problem is if you have any real kind of wealth or property in VE it's expropriated by the government, from what I've heard. It's a socialist hellhole. There's no getting rich there because prices are controlled and the government doesn't let anyone get ahead.
__________________


Last edited by phaz0rz; 01-05-2019 at 05:23 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-09-2019
Subscribed [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 35
Thanks: 6
Thanked 6 Times in 3 Posts
Activity: 26%
Longevity: 2%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Anyone interested in setting up an oneline store in China?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyp530 View Post
I'm quite skeptical too as pointed out by phaz0rz. But another fact is that Alibaba is trying to make it happen via eWTP. Quit confusing.

Is everything well in VE? There's a lot of a bad news in China on VE's economy. VE is considered a dangerous country by Chinese people now; Hope everything will be fine there.
Venezuela is facing a challenging time. Hyperinflation has been killing wages for more than 6 years. The only real option to survive is to get an extra income in $$. Most of the people are selling their stuff in $$ because if you sell them in local currency you wont be able to buy the same stuff 5 minutes later at the same price. Same happens with food. Prices increase everyday. If you earn some bucks, just go to the supermarket intermediately!

Even though this situation, there are too many opportunities for the e-commerce. Im open to new business opportunities. If you got something interesting just PM me.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CAPH For This Useful Post:
phaz0rz (01-09-2019)
  #14  
Old 01-09-2019
Subscribed [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 35
Thanks: 6
Thanked 6 Times in 3 Posts
Activity: 26%
Longevity: 2%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Anyone interested in setting up an oneline store in China?

[QUOTE=phaz0rz;968945]I am also interested in hearing more about the plight of an e-commerce merchant in Venezuela. I've heard that VE barely has electricity in a lot of places. I donated $250 to a random guy in VE a year ago I met online who was struggling to feed his family. With that $250 the guy literally bought a farm.

There are too many obstacles for e-commerce merchants in VE. Prices increase everyday, bank platforms are slow and they limit your transactions to small amounts per day, cash is almost inexistent, etc.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CAPH For This Useful Post:
phaz0rz (01-09-2019)
  #15  
Old 01-09-2019
phaz0rz's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 7,154
Thanks: 1,419
Thanked 2,346 Times in 1,806 Posts
Activity: 93%
Longevity: 28%
iTrader: (2)
Default Re: Anyone interested in setting up an oneline store in China?

How are you doing personally? Are you getting enough food, water, etc. every day?
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-14-2019
Subscribed [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 35
Thanks: 6
Thanked 6 Times in 3 Posts
Activity: 26%
Longevity: 2%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Anyone interested in setting up an oneline store in China?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
How are you doing personally? Are you getting enough food, water, etc. every day?
I got food but sometimes you can not find what you want to eat. E-commerce is the only way to survive in Venezuela.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-14-2019
SaiJin's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 6,837
Thanks: 212
Thanked 974 Times in 827 Posts
Activity: 77%
Longevity: 87%
iTrader: (1)
Default Re: Anyone interested in setting up an oneline store in China?

The guy you helped got a farm for $250? Wow...
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-14-2019
Subscribed [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 126
Thanks: 6
Thanked 18 Times in 18 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 10%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Anyone interested in setting up an oneline store in China?

I know that the VE has the cheapest oil in earth.
Lots of oil rich country has some difficulties. I dont want to say why. Everybody knows why.well, most of them..
By the way it is very kind of you phaz..
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to zatenalinmisbukullanici For This Useful Post:
phaz0rz (02-11-2019)
  #19  
Old 02-11-2019
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 2%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Anyone interested in setting up an oneline store in China?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPH View Post
Venezuela is facing a challenging time. Hyperinflation has been killing wages for more than 6 years. The only real option to survive is to get an extra income in $$. Most of the people are selling their stuff in $$ because if you sell them in local currency you wont be able to buy the same stuff 5 minutes later at the same price. Same happens with food. Prices increase everyday. If you earn some bucks, just go to the supermarket intermediately!

Even though this situation, there are too many opportunities for the e-commerce. Im open to new business opportunities. If you got something interesting just PM me.

How to understand the opportunities for the e-commerce in VE? I heard currently there's no market economy in VE? The goverment controls everthing under the crisis?
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 02-11-2019
phaz0rz's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 7,154
Thanks: 1,419
Thanked 2,346 Times in 1,806 Posts
Activity: 93%
Longevity: 28%
iTrader: (2)
Default Re: Anyone interested in setting up an oneline store in China?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyp530 View Post
How to understand the opportunities for the e-commerce in VE? I heard currently there's no market economy in VE? The goverment controls everthing under the crisis?
They do.

Venezualan sellers generally sell software keys for tiny profit margins just to get their hands on some USD. They can't do import/export because of corruption.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 02-11-2019
phaz0rz's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 7,154
Thanks: 1,419
Thanked 2,346 Times in 1,806 Posts
Activity: 93%
Longevity: 28%
iTrader: (2)
Default Re: Anyone interested in setting up an oneline store in China?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
The guy you helped got a farm for $250? Wow...
He really did. I'd been talking to the guy about what he was going through on another forum and I genuinely felt bad for him. He showed me a listing for a little piece of property he'd been looking at and it equated to a little over $200 in USD, so I PP'd it to him. A couple weeks later he sent me photos of him getting his new farm set up with the "community tools".

I still talk to him and apparently it's working out.
__________________

Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
ebaystealth1974 (02-14-2019), just_smile (02-11-2019)
  #22  
Old 02-11-2019
rsot's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 56,601
Thanks: 4,526
Thanked 6,874 Times in 6,263 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 76%
iTrader: (7)
Default Re: Anyone interested in setting up an oneline store in China?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
He really did. I'd been talking to the guy about what he was going through on another forum and I genuinely felt bad for him. He showed me a listing for a little piece of property he'd been looking at and it equated to a little over $200 in USD, so I PP'd it to him. A couple weeks later he sent me photos of him getting his new farm set up with the "community tools".

I still talk to him and apparently it's working out.
Trip down sometime to visit
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I help Amazon FBA sellers sell more, and am interested in having my own store. paypalhelp Amazon 9 12-10-2018 12:19 PM
PayPal Help! Used Shopify Store Name when setting up a PayPal Premier Acc Liamboyne123 Paypal Limited 0 09-30-2017 04:09 AM
Setting up an e Bay store as a new user, going away next week whoami eBay Discussion! 4 07-05-2013 06:42 AM


Aspkin Group

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:24 PM.


Stop the guessing games and learn how you can quickly and easily get back on eBay today!
Read the best selling step-by-step eBay Suspension guide eBay Stealth!
Amazon Suspension? Read Amazon Ghost to get back on Amazon!
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger
no new posts