Suspended on Etsy, No Email or explanation selling for 13 years! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Etsy Discussions

Etsy Discussions Etsy Forums. General discussions on Etsy, direct checkout, account suspensions, suspended, banned and more.

Old 01-27-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 34%
Default Suspended on Etsy, No Email or explanation selling for 13 years!

Hello!

So on Friday, I logged onto my Etsy Account which I've had for 13 years. In the account is a red banner saying my shop is suspended and to please check my email and contact Etsy to restore the account. My stomach dropped when I read the banner and I quickly searched for an email. I received NO email! I checked spam folders etc. I have been selling on Etsy for 13 years with over 46,000 items sold. I do not have trademark problems, customer service issues, unpaid bills etc.

After a little digging I did find out something peculiar going on. My VA who resides in India also has a small Etsy shop and she works on 2 other sellers accounts that reside in the USA. We all sell totally different things, live apart, different seller history etc. She uses a VPN when working on different shops, but I'm assuming Etsy thinks somehow we are all related and shut all 4 accounts down. But without an email, I'm not 100% sure.

When I called Etsy, they put me on hold to look over my account. They came back on, read a quick script that I could barely understand and said our business relationship is over and then hung up. I couldn't even say anything! One of the other sellers tried to talk to them, and that cs rep said he couldn't talk to her and to please respond to the email (which she didn't get either) and then he hung up on her too.

I have emailed customer support (through the instructions how to contact Etsy) and so far no replies for 3 days. Has anyone heard of this happening and being able to discuss or appeal wrongfully suspended accounts? Thank you for any insight or help, this is extremely frustrating!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-27-2020

Longevity: 49%
Default Re: Suspended on Etsy, No Email or explanation selling for 13 years!

:( that really sucks but I think you should be able to get back on. Just email them and let them know there you did not receive an email but you are aware there was a mixup because your VA told you all the shops she was working were suspended at the same time. Hope you had her listed as a member of your shop though. Otherwise they may think this is just an excuse. Last time I had an Etsy shop get shut down and I didn't get an email I emailed them and they promptly replied it's because you had "x" shop shut down you can't open any new shops so they told me specifically because I was linked and which shop was the issue. Good luck
Old 01-27-2020
Threadstarter  

Thank you so much for your reply!

The initial email I sent them didn't say anything about having a VA or anything and I think usually I get a "ticket" number and didn't. Anyway, I hate emailing them again, but I am getting no prompt reply of any sort.

But it does give me hope that you were linked to a suspended account and they told you why. One of the sellers that the VA works for did open a new account and was previously suspended. But if Etsy would really look into things, I've been selling for 13 years, and definitely not related to her account that was previously suspended. What a joke!

Etsy really needs to have a way to add "users" to each account. Amazon lets you do this, and a lot of other marketplaces. Then things like this wouldn't happen.
Old 01-27-2020

That would be nice! I doubt they will add those types of features though. Anyway I should mention I emailed integrity at Etsy not support at etsy. Not sure which email you used to contact them but try integrity if you haven't already
Old 01-27-2020
Threadstarter  

Do you know if it's an actual email? Or was it started on their website? I followed all the links on Etsy.com Help which eventually got me to a "Contact Us" page where I emailed.

If you are thinking to try the integrity at Etsy, is it integrity@etsy.com? Thanks again for your help!
Old 01-27-2020

Yes that is the email integrity@etsy.com if you are going to email them take the time to explain the whole situation in detail, be polite, ask if you can have a second chance if you no longer use a VA and just manage everything yourself etc
Old 01-27-2020
Threadstarter  

Awesome, it's worth a try. I really appreciate your help. THANK YOU!
The Following User Says Thank You to chicaboom For This Useful Post:
Shassar (01-27-2020)
Old 01-27-2020
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 57%

Don't waste your time with rank and file minions who are bombarded with hundreds of similar requests daily.

An Executive VIP member of this website has postulated that Etsy no longer allows VPN.
If you do get your shop back, try getting some young fella working five days, part-time. Will save you all the headache, and you'd sleep well at night

If this account is so important to you, you should first investigate to find out who can decide if your account is reinstated then take as much time as you need to collate useful information that will make them reconsider. Tell Etsy the whole truth about the VA and that you would now hire locally. Focus on what they want, their needs, their mission and vision. Make sure this reflects throughout your correspondence.
Just like individuals, every company also wants something. Do your best to imprint on someone up the hierarchy that although you've erred, you are the kind of seller they want on their platform. You might increase your chances of being reinstated.
Good luck and do let us know how it goes.