Will Et/sy hunt me down or sue me over $ after store shut down - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Etsy Discussions

Etsy Discussions Etsy Forums. General discussions on Etsy, direct checkout, account suspensions, suspended, banned and more.

Old 03-31-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 36%
Default Will Et/sy hunt me down or sue me over $ after store shut down

Hello

my store will be shut down in a couple of weeks, I know this because of the ODR BS. My credit card there is expired and my address is one where I no longer live. After my shop is closed down and the money has been sent to my bank what if a customer opens a case? My account will be empty to they cannot take it from that to refund the customer and the credit card does not work. Et/sy will have to refund these people (if anyone happens to opens a case) with their own money. Will they come after me for this $? Do they know where I am even though my address is no longer valid?

I am scared. Not trying to rip off any customers. I am just talking about customer's who open non delivery cases or not as described after my store gets shut down and there is no $ in my account or credit card to repay them and Et/sy have to doll out the money.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-31-2020
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Will Et/sy hunt me down or sue me over $ after store shut down

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
I believe Etsy can access your bank account,as it gives,it also takes !
If so,make sure you have enough fund in your bank account,else your bank could sock you with NSF fee
thanks for your reply, can they really access your bank? I heard that was not allowed. This sucks how they just close down your shop, it should be their fault now if I can't resolve cases as I won't have shop funds.
Old 03-31-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
I know Etsy did years ago when a seller sold me some INAD items,and it took weeks to clear up the case,Etsy was able to dip into his account and withdraw the money,it made him VERY MAD,this is how I know.
Okay, thanks, I am not trying to rip off any customers at all
that is not what it is about
but if my cc won't work and my shop account is empty and with everything going on in the world there may be mail problems, if a customer opens a case I cannot resolve it

I won't be checking my store once it goes down I will be starting again so I wanted to know if Et/s/y would come after me, or be able to find me

Once pay/p.al accidentally deposited money into my account twice and they never dipped into my account twice to get it so how could would e.t.s.y. be allowed to?
Old 04-02-2020

Longevity: 29%

Im having similar issue

I requested deactivation on my account, also changed my I ban and the holder name ( only two words in the family name ), im having - 66 eur. What would happen?
Old 04-02-2020

In the e mail it says if it's not been paid fully till 15 april, my bill will become overdue and afterwards my shop privileges restricted and my account will be suspended ( i'm not using e/ t sy anymore )
Old 04-02-2020
Executive [VIP]

It depends on how you want to play it

Realistically, if you stop Etsy from having access to your bank account and credit card what can they do?

It is not a zero sum game for Etsy if they choose to chase you. Debt collectors need to see an income stream for their efforts and while you may think that the amount you owe is significant I assure you it isn't

In the unlikely event of Etsy appointing collection agents you can re-evaluate your position but until then I would sit back and relax - let them be out of pocket and stop feeling guilty - they don't give a damn about you so why should you give a damn about them?
The Following User Says Thank You to Bigblackdog For This Useful Post:
AnnoyedByEtsy (04-02-2020)
Old 04-02-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigblackdog View Post

Realistically, if you stop Etsy from having access to your bank account and credit card what can they do?

It is not a zero sum game for Etsy if they choose to chase you. Debt collectors need to see an income stream for their efforts and while you may think that the amount you owe is significant I assure you it isn't

In the unlikely event of Etsy appointing collection agents you can re-evaluate your position but until then I would sit back and relax - let them be out of pocket and stop feeling guilty - they don't give a damn about you so why should you give a damn about them?
I saw my card which I attached ( the ending digits ) and its my own, i probably changed the IBAN. Honestly I even forgot how their payment system works. I have a memory that I probably changed some number in the iban and 2 words in the family name.
It's unserious, I requested deactivation before month or two and my shop is still available, thats just ..
I dont really know if it's like the e b ay.
At all you're right!
Old 04-02-2020

Thanked 1,108 Times in 1,044 Posts
Activity: 93%
Longevity: 33%

Once pay/p.al accidentally deposited money into my account twice and they never dipped into my account twice to get it so how could would e.t.s.y. be allowed to?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Long time ago,Paypal will and can withdraw $$ from our bank accounts but that has ceased,but some claimed it still does?
But Etsy is different,it is managed payment,all I know it happened to my seller ,that was years ago,you can go to Etsy seller forum and search or ask.
You can always close your bank account!
Old 04-02-2020

Quote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Long time ago,Paypal will and can withdraw $$ from our bank accounts but that has ceased,but some claimed it still does?
But Etsy is different,it is managed payment,all I know it happened to my seller ,that was years ago,you can go to Etsy seller forum and search or ask.
You can always close your bank account!

As you said about the paypal, lets say it's almost same with et s.y, I should not close my bank account, the biggest "fear" in me is that I'm having attached ID into the account. They requested it before opening the shop.
Old 04-02-2020

how much money are we talking about?
Etsy could report you to credit bureau,turn over the debt to collection agency which will hound you .
if it ever find out you have open another shop,it could get the money from that account,I know one guy who owed Etsy money and his shop was closed,but he used his mother ID to open another ,Etsy just took the money from the new shop,but he is not tech savvy,he was using the same PC and Iphone
Old 04-02-2020

66EUR, I used father's ID for my new shop( this current one ).

Weird, I requested deactivation from 1 to 2 months and its still alive but whatever.
Old 04-02-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
how much money are we talking about?
Etsy could report you to credit bureau,turn over the debt to collection agency which will hound you .
if it ever find out you have open another shop,it could get the money from that account,I know one guy who owed Etsy money and his shop was closed,but he used his mother ID to open another ,Etsy just took the money from the new shop,but he is not tech savvy,he was using the same PC and Iphone
I don't know, they are going to close my shop down in two weeks when it is due for a manual review, I am over the 1% ODR so it would be whichever customer's open cases after I am long gone.
Old 04-02-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigblackdog View Post

They don't have my cc, but they have the name on my bank account
Old 04-03-2020

Longevity: 24%

Nobody can take from your bank account without authorization from you meaning you’d have to initiate the payment. But a debit card is a different story if you have that card on there they can try and take from it. Which is why you shouldn’t use a card that has majority of funds on it.
Old 04-03-2020

Longevity: 24%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruuz36 View Post
As you said about the paypal, lets say it's almost same with et s.y, I should not close my bank account, the biggest "fear" in me is that I'm having attached ID into the account. They requested it before opening the shop.
Y’all are paranoid lol I have been there. Nobody can touch your bank account ever... nobody can take from it unless you literally initiate the payment. Who cares if they have ur if what is that gonna do for them ?? Literally the most that can happen is debt collectors. There’s no need to close bank accounts....
Old 04-03-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingfisher View Post
Nobody can take from your bank account without authorization from you meaning you’d have to initiate the payment. But a debit card is a different story if you have that card on there they can try and take from it. Which is why you shouldn’t use a card that has majority of funds on it.
if you have a merchant account to accept credit cards,the merchant account provider will access your bank account to deposit your sales proceeds,it could also withdraw fund from your bank account.
Long ago,Paypal did that and too many complaints,so it stopped.
But I have seen Etsy doing it to my fraudulent seller who lost a chargeback case.
Who else can dip into your bank account??
of course the bank ,if it makes a mistake and deposit $$ which is not yours ,and NSF .
State dept which disburse SS disability payments often access your bank account to see if you are making too much moola,I dont think they can withdraw fund?can they??
I know if they find out you have other means,as evidenced from your bank account,they would reduce your monthly payment.
Which brings to another question,will Ebay MP takes money from your account,say a large chargeback you lost?