Another freshly banned newbie. Will these tricks work? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Etsy Discussions

Etsy Discussions Etsy Forums. General discussions on Etsy, direct checkout, account suspensions, suspended, banned and more.

Old 02-14-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 23%
Default Another freshly banned newbie. Will these tricks work?

Hey guys, another newbie here. Got banned 2 weeks ago and I'm treading carefully so I do this all right. I have 2 main questions in my quest to start anew.

IP address stuff: Has using Starbucks wifi worked for anyone? I live really close to one and wonder if Etsy treats this like a VPN. I noticed they won't let you register using some of the free VPN options I tried. What about resetting my modem for a new IP address? I did this yesterday and the last set of digits changed, say if my banned IP was XX.XXX.XX.123, and is now XX.XXX.XX.99, is this unique enough? Same for my mobile phone, resetting my phone gives me a new number at the end, I was going to use this to tether to my laptop.

Device stuff: I see a lot of conflicting information about MAC addresses, what's the latest consensus on this? I'm only sort of tech savvy, and my understanding is websites can't detect your mac address, but a mobile app can. (Deleting the Etsy app forever) I can't really afford to be buying a new device, but I did just upgrade my laptop from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, and made a new user profile. Is this enough?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-16-2020

Longevity: 24%
Default Re: Another freshly banned newbie. Will these tricks work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkOrsonWelles View Post
Hey guys, another newbie here. Got banned 2 weeks ago and I'm treading carefully so I do this all right. I have 2 main questions in my quest to start anew.

IP address stuff: Has using Starbucks wifi worked for anyone? I live really close to one and wonder if Etsy treats this like a VPN. I noticed they won't let you register using some of the free VPN options I tried. What about resetting my modem for a new IP address? I did this yesterday and the last set of digits changed, say if my banned IP was XX.XXX.XX.123, and is now XX.XXX.XX.99, is this unique enough? Same for my mobile phone, resetting my phone gives me a new number at the end, I was going to use this to tether to my laptop.

Device stuff: I see a lot of conflicting information about MAC addresses, what's the latest consensus on this? I'm only sort of tech savvy, and my understanding is websites can't detect your mac address, but a mobile app can. (Deleting the Etsy app forever) I can't really afford to be buying a new device, but I did just upgrade my laptop from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, and made a new user profile. Is this enough?
Quick questions - one, when you got banned were you using a VPN? Just curious for my beginners sake. And two, have you tried appealing the suspension? What do you sell by the way?
Old 02-16-2020
Banned

IP Address: I won't recommend using the Public Wifi. Just do the other options you mentioned. That is more enough and much better to use.

Device: If you're really concerned with the 'linkage' factor, you don't need to get a new device. Just get a new SSD instead, it's much cheaper.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kharz For This Useful Post:
DrunkOrsonWelles (02-16-2020)
Old 02-16-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by teslafan View Post
Quick questions - one, when you got banned were you using a VPN? Just curious for my beginners sake. And two, have you tried appealing the suspension? What do you sell by the way?
Wasn't using a VPN. I got banned for too many copyright claims, I sold anime/game fan art, just small stuff among mostly original art. I did try appealing the suspension but they said I was given plenty of warnings, which is true, my account was made in 2011. Some of my stuff I renamed and removed tags but I got hit again by these trolls at Remove Your Media LLC.
Old 02-16-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinsoldier View Post
Welcome.

Nobody can see your MAC address, forget that one.

As for the IP, I would favour either resetting a residential broadband service to get a new IP or do the same with your mobile and tether. Both should create the kind of 'normal' profile they're looking for.

I think the issue is that what if you want multiple stealth accounts? Resetting the ip address would solve one problem. You can use the mobile hotspot for a new user on your computer but that would be tough, because of the limits imposed on hotspot.
Old 02-16-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kharz View Post
IP Address: I won't recommend using the Public Wifi. Just do the other options you mentioned. That is more enough and much better to use.

Device: If you're really concerned with the 'linkage' factor, you don't need to get a new device. Just get a new SSD instead, it's much cheaper.
I didn't realize they could detect your HD, how is that possible? From what I understand just from seeing visitors on my website, I assumed they identify a unique user based on their web browser, operating system, screen resolution, and IP address. How does installing an SSD throw them off?
Old 02-16-2020
Banned

Quote:
I think the issue is that what if you want multiple stealth accounts? Resetting the ip address would solve one problem. You can use the mobile hotspot for a new user on your computer but that would be tough, because of the limits imposed on hotspot.
Get a 3G connection. They have much higher number of subnets compared to 4G connections.
And forget about the mac address. They cannot see it.
Old 02-16-2020

Quote:
Get a 3G connection. They have much higher number of subnets compared to 4G connections.
And forget about the mac address. They cannot see it.
Yeah but I figured the new user on the mac would be not because they can see the MAC address, but because they can track the cookies on the account(s).
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to teslafan For This Useful Post:
DrunkOrsonWelles (02-16-2020), Kharz (02-16-2020), NovaC (04-03-2020)
Old 02-16-2020
Banned

Quote:
Yeah but I figured the new user on the mac would be not because they can see the MAC address, but because they can track the cookies on the account(s).
That's correct. So make sure you are not sharing the cookies/history on your other accounts.
As tinsoldier mentioned, you can use the VMWare in managing multiple accounts.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kharz For This Useful Post:
DrunkOrsonWelles (02-16-2020), teslafan (02-16-2020)
Old 02-16-2020

Quote:
That's correct. So make sure you are not sharing the cookies/history on your other accounts.
As tinsoldier mentioned, you can use the VMWare in managing multiple accounts.
Very true, now i've never heard of VMWare. But obviously there's going to be a cost, and really what's the difference between managing multiple accounts with VMWare or just doing it with multiple users on your laptop?
Old 02-16-2020
Banned

Quote:
Very true, now i've never heard of VMWare. But obviously there's going to be a cost, and really what's the difference between managing multiple accounts with VMWare or just doing it with multiple users on your laptop?
VMWare is free tho. Check it here: https://www.vmware.com/uk.html
Old 02-16-2020
Banned

Also, you can find a lot of tutorial on how to set it up on google or youtube vids.
Setting up multiple accounts via user accounts is also good. I never tried them on my etsy accounts yet, only on ebay accounts.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kharz For This Useful Post:
DrunkOrsonWelles (02-16-2020), teslafan (02-16-2020)
Old 03-29-2020

Longevity: 36%

I have used a VPN for my etsy accounts with no issues at all, if you have a modem and can unplug it for a bit and plug it back in to get different IP addresses that works too
Old 04-03-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinsoldier View Post
It doesn't. Simply create a new user or, IMO the best option, is to format and start afresh.

For multiple accounts consider VMware, but understand that whatever you do IP address is the most common way of linking accounts.
May I ask what "IMO" refer to? Thank You
Old 04-03-2020

Quote:
Hello teslafan, are you saying that if my device is running in iOS (i.e. MacBook) but not in Windows, they can see the MAC address and track cookies on the account(s).

Thank You