I run ghost for 6 years! was kicked yesterday. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Etsy Discussions

Etsy Discussions Etsy Forums. General discussions on Etsy, direct checkout, account suspensions, suspended, banned and more.

Old 06-28-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 22%
Default I run ghost for 6 years! was kicked yesterday.

Hi! well this is a short story, I'm from Argentina only PP accepted in Et.y.

1- Created my first shop, going very well (selling digitals) till I was closed ,strikes in copyrights.

2- Tried to open a new account with my wife's name... I didn't know anything about ghosting ... just 2 days running then deactivated.

3-Then I used HMA VPN, cleaned my cookies, open private browser, mum's name, a new PP account, all real, working perfect. In this 6 years I changed my internet provider, and 2 months ago I stop using the VPN! and I think it was a mistake ... yesterday my account was deactivated ... I have a chat with support, and I could not read the answer! chat disappeared ... I think I only read device blocked or similar ...so ... they detected same computer I think.

Now I'm reading the VPN are not working for registering, and I'm thinking changing internet provider.

I own a macbook, do I have to go with a new User? this will work? does et.y read the mac address? or just read some cookies...
IPBurger works in this case?

I will go with a new name, but, have 2 working PP accounts, do you recommend changing email in PP, and use same account? or a new PP?

Any extra information for ghosting will be welcome!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-30-2020

Longevity: 31%
Default Re: I run ghost for 6 years! was kicked yesterday.

Hello Oziel and welcome to the forum! I have the same issue, been on Et.sy for around 5/6 years with gohst accounts. Everything was good, no IP infringements and then almost all stores got blocked one day and a few later the others.

I have been trying to open a new shop but with no luck. I used, HMA, IP Burguer, ExpressVPN, cell phone tethering and always last 1-2 days and then got kicked. I even traveled 50km to another location, reset my laptop used a new internet provider but no luck either yet.

What I can tell you is:
-Try to avoid VPNs.
-Try to use a new real ID.
-If you can get a new device, I think will help (I never did that. Always reset, reinstall o created a new windows user)
-Pp accounts do have a user number ID, besides the linked email. I would change the email address for sure, but doing that might get you also linked in my opinion. If possible, I would go with new pp account.

UK users seems are getting close to not create just one store, but two! For Latam, USA or other Europe accounts its been really hard lately to create even one and keep it (if you got banned). Not impossible, but Et.sy changed some rules around a year ago I think and its not as easy as it was now.

I really wish you good luck and maybe one day you might the one helping us! There are some other users from latin america in the forum but unfortunately we are not much yet.

Saludos y bienvenido!
Old 07-01-2020
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 29%

Stay away from VCC - you need a real debit card linked to the address you use (this is in Europe - I imagine Latam is the same)
Old 07-03-2020

Longevity: 55%

I got suspended from Etsy yesterday and they told me if I remove items which don't comply with there policy they would reinstate my account so I removed a few items now they are not responding to any of my messages, my question is once you get suspended do they ever reinstate you or should I just try to go stealth and get a new account
Old 07-03-2020

Longevity: 53%

Quote:
Originally Posted by enco View Post
Hello Oziel and welcome to the forum! I have the same issue, been on Et.sy for around 5/6 years with gohst accounts. Everything was good, no IP infringements and then almost all stores got blocked one day and a few later the others.

I have been trying to open a new shop but with no luck. I used, HMA, IP Burguer, ExpressVPN, cell phone tethering and always last 1-2 days and then got kicked. I even traveled 50km to another location, reset my laptop used a new internet provider but no luck either yet.

What I can tell you is:
-Try to avoid VPNs.
-Try to use a new real ID.
-If you can get a new device, I think will help (I never did that. Always reset, reinstall o created a new windows user)
-Pp accounts do have a user number ID, besides the linked email. I would change the email address for sure, but doing that might get you also linked in my opinion. If possible, I would go with new pp account.

UK users seems are getting close to not create just one store, but two! For Latam, USA or other Europe accounts its been really hard lately to create even one and keep it (if you got banned). Not impossible, but Et.sy changed some rules around a year ago I think and its not as easy as it was now.

I really wish you good luck and maybe one day you might the one helping us! There are some other users from latin america in the forum but unfortunately we are not much yet.

Saludos y bienvenido!
You are right! From my experience to get the new device is one of the best option
Old 07-03-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoiverson View Post
I got suspended from Etsy yesterday and they told me if I remove items which don't comply with there policy they would reinstate my account so I removed a few items now they are not responding to any of my messages, my question is once you get suspended do they ever reinstate you or should I just try to go stealth and get a new account
It really depends on each case, but if they sais that to you its weird they are not responding now. Try to open a new ticket support and wait 2-3 days
The Following User Says Thank You to enco For This Useful Post:
twoiverson (07-03-2020)
Old 07-05-2020

Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoiverson View Post
Their response time is typically slllooooooowwwww.....
Old 07-05-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
stay away from selling digitals
Why do you recommend no digitals??
Old 07-06-2020
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 29%

Quote:
Originally Posted by enco View Post
Why do you recommend no digitals??
Because Etsy are very suspicious of and don't like digitals - that would be one reason you are having problems
Old 07-23-2020

Longevity: 21%

add some physical items which no one would ever buy. Ask some of your friends to buy one item and see what happens next. Fullfil the order and wait when you get money.

Add around 10 physical products. And after start slowly to add digital items.

You have to use new laptop which wasn't connected to same wifi. Etsy sees mac address.

Get new phone and sim card and create Personal Hotspot for your new laptop.

Be aware that Etsy can see location through Cell Towers. Read their Privacy Policy
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Comax For This Useful Post:
blacklisted_by_ebay (07-25-2020), Renai (08-22-2020), SWORDFISH497 (08-12-2021)
Old 08-22-2020

Longevity: 26%

What do you mean by digital items
Old 08-24-2020

Longevity: 26%

If you have a hotspot, do you still have to worry about the cell towers showing your location?