Got the MC011 Yesterday. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 01-18-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 70%
Default Got the MC011 Yesterday.

So I got dinged. Should I even bother to send in the information or just go stealth. I am also looking at buying an account with Paypal + Ebay + IP address. What is your opinion.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-22-2012

Longevity: 72%

Got same suspention Yesterday myself.

To help you be a successful seller and ensure a safe experience for the eBay community, your account has been restricted until additional information can be verified or obtained and we're able to confirm that your use of services meets the guidelines in eBay's User Agreement.

I understand that this process may seem confusing. Please let me explain a little more about it. We're committed to reducing both fraud and negative buying experiences on eBay. To maintain a safe marketplace, we sometimes restrict selling activity, end active items, or suspend accounts until additional information can be verified or obtained. These actions are not necessarily meant to be a reflection of your account's activity, but rather a preventative measure.

Learn more about eBay's User Agreement:
Your User Agreement

To appeal process this restriction, please review the following guidelines:

Please reply to this email after the above requirements have been met and we will begin the appeal process. Also, please be aware that we may ask you to provide additional information to appeal this restriction.

We appreciate your cooperation in resolving this matter as quickly as possible, and we look forward to working with you in order to establish a strong selling history and successful business relationship.

Am i missing something, or what shall i provide ?...
PP is fine at the moment will try to get funds out as soon as they will be available.
EB has 100% fb 55fb,ratings 4.8-5.0 have 1 dispute open.
Old 01-22-2012

Longevity: 77%

I would try to reinstate the account - starting over takes a long time. It's worth a shot. What did they ask from you?

What were the recent actions you did before you got the message?

jackd - did you list too many items too fast? Maybe they connected you to another account. Call and ask them.
Old 01-22-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Try to reinstate the account and get more stealth going.
Old 01-22-2012
Banned

Longevity: 71%
Send a message via Yahoo to vany Send a message via Skype™ to vany

There is no harm in trying to rescue this one while you prepare more stealth accounts as reserve. Best of luck
Old 01-22-2012

Longevity: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowelKing View Post
I would try to reinstate the account - starting over takes a long time. It's worth a shot. What did they ask from you?

What were the recent actions you did before you got the message?

jackd - did you list too many items too fast? Maybe they connected you to another account. Call and ask them.

Hi, to be honest with you i overdid.So far all my suspensions had a reason and i am learning, i am quite lucky Not to link my accounts, but i am still on a way to Not loosing them.
VPN is good for a start, but i can see it is not best solution. I am looking for more expensive , but more safer ways at the moment.
i was extremely lucky once i get NO SELLING LIMITS after 1st month for my Stealth i have bought from one of our members.
I started sell hard.
Sold probably around 90 items in amonth and listed another 200.
I was so lucky i dont even had 21 day hold with paypal, so with this acc i didnt lost any money.
thanks to such members as RSOT who do give good guidance as i have 2 accounts with 2k and 0.5k limits and hopefully will restore, if not well another chance is after 180 days.
Tomorrow will contact company what supplies 50% of mobile minutes in Europe and will ask for some special servicves as would like to skip VPN part, i would rather pay double-triple money, but would have at least 50% more chances to survive.
i am 4 months in a Stealth game. Would like to thank this forum and dealers, have dealt with 3 of them and must say, they are really helpfull.
All PP limits i have had- have a reason, couple times i lost VPN connection - BAM....
One time i overdid a job and sold too many.
2 times conected by mistake with wrong acc.
I will probably loose some money, but experience is a key.
I also changing VPN providers to less known.
i got software what shows how popular is website,so i just enter in Google VPN ans get less popular as it will give me more changes to survive.
like i said this week i should get personal solutions with biggest company in EU what provides minutes to nearly all mobile companies.
Will let you know if anything interesting will be on an offer
There is another very important rule i am following.
For 1 lost acc i get 2 new ones, so i am stronger every single day.
Sad enought they dont give any benefits for your honesty and loyalty, if this is a way they treat me, i am not going to argue, i will run as many Stealths as i can.
Just learning, but have found some ways to get nearly free feedbacks, also tricking selling limits.
eb and pp is like chess game. loads of strategy involved - we always AT WAR !
But we will do them, the more experience we have, the more we win.
Old 01-31-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackd View Post
i was extremely lucky once i get NO SELLING LIMITS after 1st month for my Stealth i have bought from one of our members.
I started sell hard.
Sold probably around 90 items in amonth and listed another 200.
There's the reason for your suspension.
Old 01-31-2012

Longevity: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjustme View Post
There's the reason for your suspension.
I don't follow that imjustme - explain please
Old 01-31-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 9%
Longevity: 76%

Wayyyy too fast on a new account.
Old 01-31-2012

Utter rubbish - why do you think they give a 100 limit? The man sold 90 and has no limits.
Old 01-31-2012
Executive [VIP]

Not rubbish because it has happened to me more than once. You cannot actually trust those limits 100% like that.

They don't just let you do whatever the hell you want just because it says no limits when you login...
Old 01-31-2012

Surely you are not telling me that by listing to your limits (or none if you have no limits) that you are going to bring down a properly constructed account - or are you?

If you are I'm afraid I'm not buying that at all.

Something else is bringing the account to their attention.

Forget for a moment the whole stealth issue - are you saying that straight goers who have never heard of stealth are signing up to Ebay and then all getting kicked off because they obey Ebays rules? Because they are doing what the site is designed for?

Prepostorous I'm afraid - it's something else
Old 01-31-2012

Longevity: 83%

Sometimes paypal and ebay Crazy, that's the reason :-)
Old 01-31-2012

Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyT View Post
Surely you are not telling me that by listing to your limits (or none if you have no limits) that you are going to bring down a properly constructed account - or are you?

Forget for a moment the whole stealth issue - are you saying that straight goers who have never heard of stealth are signing up to Ebay and then all getting kicked off because they obey Ebays rules? Because they are doing what the site is designed for?

I agree with you GrannyT why give limits and take them back, thats not good business.

However if the product is high risk to ebay they will police you, but if you were selling for instance baby clothes then I would expect that they would be more relaxed to your account as its non threatening. I also expect that ebay looks at how long you take to ship the goods, under 24 hours is good. I also would not mind betting that they look to see how many times you log into your account in a day. If you are listing and have no email alerts you must do this. Ebay are looking for good behaviour patterns, so if you are keeping your stealth account in good order no worries.
Old 01-31-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Utter rubbish - why do you think they give a 100 limit? The man sold 90 and has no limits.
Just because eBay gives you high limits doesn't mean they won't suspend you if you sell too much. I've had an account with a 200 items per month limit and when I sold 75 items in 1 week, they limited me down to 80 per month until I could "prove a good buyer experience".

eBay limits are not monitored by humans, but by software. If the software detects you selling too much, too fast, you'll automatically get limited. If you get a 100/month limit, you're supposed to be able to sell about 3 items per day on average. If you sell 30 items per day instead, even if you stay within the limits, you may very well get limited.

eBay doesn't only take into count the total amount, but also the velocity of items sold.

High velocity sales (ie. reaching your limits within a few days, instead of 30 days) is a risk factor for eBay. A potential fraudulent seller could sell 100 items and then run away. Slow selling while slowly receiving feedback from previous sales is less of a risk for eBay.

Last edited by imjustme; 01-31-2012 at 06:16 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to imjustme For This Useful Post:
newjerseymax (01-31-2012), seanws30 (01-31-2012), unkown5454 (01-31-2012)
Old 01-31-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Just because eBay gives you high limits doesn't mean they won't suspend you if you sell too much. I've had an account with a 200 items per month limit and when I sold 75 items in 1 week, they limited me down to 80 per month until I could "prove a good buyer experience".

eBay limits are not monitored by humans, but by software. If the software detects you selling too much, too fast, you'll automatically get limited. If you get a 100/month limit, you're supposed to be able to sell about 3 items per day on average. If you sell 30 items per day instead, even if you stay within the limits, you may very well get limited.

eBay doesn't only take into count the total amount, but also the velocity of items sold.

High velocity sales (ie. reaching your limits within a few days, instead of 30 days) is a risk factor for eBay. A potential fraudulent seller could sell 100 items and then run away. Slow selling while slowly receiving feedback from previous sales is less of a risk for eBay.
Very well said.
The Following User Says Thank You to newjerseymax For This Useful Post:
unkown5454 (01-31-2012)
Old 01-31-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by degsey69 View Post
I agree with you GrannyT why give limits and take them back, thats not good business.
Obviously you haven't seen the hundreds of posts on here where Top Rated and P.ower S.eller users have limits placed back on their accounts.
Old 01-31-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:

Thank you sir. This is exactly what I meant. I can't believe people on here actually think it's ok to go ape sh*t on an account just because its limits are higher than normal.

This is the mistake of total n00bs time and time again.
Old 01-31-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:

I honestly expect a higher bit of intelligence from someone who speaks from as much experience as you normally do. You are setting people up for failure with this kind of advice.

YES, REAL accounts can and will go down. I have been there. I also had to coach a friend who had the same thing happen to them a few years back. All real information, down to the SSN submission in PP and phone/location confirmations in EB. Account had no limits, until she listed too much.
Old 01-31-2012

Longevity: 80%

yeah they do go down even on ltd companies i had this with 4000 fb within 4 months limit was high then listed to the limit all small crap usual ebay bull**** down. Try lisitng to the limit on 10 uk accounts "properly constructed" to the limit!
The Following User Says Thank You to Christianm For This Useful Post:
unkown5454 (02-01-2012)
Old 02-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkown5454 View Post
I honestly expect a higher bit of intelligence from someone who speaks from as much experience as you normally do. You are setting people up for failure with this kind of advice.

YES, REAL accounts can and will go down. I have been there. I also had to coach a friend who had the same thing happen to them a few years back. All real information, down to the SSN submission in PP and phone/location confirmations in EB. Account had no limits, until she listed too much.
If the scenario you are giving in this instance is correct the no one would be able to sell on Ebay.

Accounts get hit for a whole number of reasons. I readily accept that if there is suspicious behaviour on the account or too many complaints or too high a risk product you are cruising for a bruising - but selling within your limits?

Come on man - get real

By your criteria no one would be able to sell on Ebay at all - you are virtually saying that Ebay is looking to commit commercial suicide by knocking their income stream to pieces every chance they get.

Totally illogical.

I do not sell anything high risk but I do sell huge numbers of various products so I do know what I'm talking about

It is about how an account is set up from the beginning, the name and address, the financials, even the email address used - that's what gives an account strength - If you have a private account that sells 100 brand new DVD sets a month you are going down.

If you have a business account that links to a website that sells DVD sets with an email address such as sales@knobbynobrots.dvds.com as opposed to bg123@gmail.com then you are not likely to get hit. Especially if that website accepts Paypal as payment.

If your account is set up with a real CC and business bank account in the name of nobbybobrotsdvds instead of a VCC and virtual bank account that EB and PP know are available on places like this you are unlikely to get hit.

If your account has a good landline number linked to it instead of a mobile number that could be anywhere you are unlikely to get hit.

It's the combination that's important. Not one specific

EB & PP know how we work, we almost make it easy for them.

The workarounds that we use tackle individual aspects of EBs and PPs security systems but in total they scream at them that the account is a wrong one and therefore it is easier to get rid of it than take a chance on it.

Here's an example of what I'm saying. I'm an EB worker in their Trust and Safety department. I have two accounts in front of me both with selling limits and both are close to the limit.

One has a free email account, doesn't show up on public records, uses a VCC (and they can tell) uses a bank account that is known as flacky, uses a mobile number which if they call gets answered with "Hello"and sells DVD sets that are known to be copied regularly

The second is linked to a website that sells hundreds of 'ordinary' dvds plus box sets, has a regular business email address, solid CC and bank account and if they ring the number on file the answer they get is "Hello, nobbybobrots DVDs how can I help you?"

Which one is going down?

Think outside the box, think logically and you will see what I'm trying to tell you.

I've been banging on here for months about people setting up accounts on the cheap. We regularly see posts on here, "Where can I get a cheap forwarding number" "Where can I get a cheap address" "How can I do this without spending any money" - it's always the same posters and they always keep coming back - doesn't that tell you anything? - in the meantime there are certain members of this forum, and most of us know who they are, who are quietly going about their business who have set their accounts up in a rock solid fashion and who are reaping the harvest from their INVESTMENT and their diligence.

Yes it can still go wrong no matter what you do but my basic premise stays the same - you are not going to get knocked off of Ebay for selling to your limits - there is always another complication in the mix

Last edited by GrannyT; 02-01-2012 at 03:41 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to GrannyT For This Useful Post:
LoopHole (02-01-2012)
Old 02-01-2012
Executive [VIP]

Again, this assumption that every account here is ste.alth and attempting to sell i l l e g a l products is totally wrong.

I am talking real accounts with real information, not made up. I understand st.ealth issues, but this is not one of them.

Others have agreed with my reasoning and experience and know that this can happen, just not all the time. I am not going to argue about it any further because it's a simple fact and does not just involve st.ealth accounts. Perhaps you have never experienced it, but that's you and not myself or the others here who have witnessed it first hand.

You can never just go insane on an account with high or no limits and expect absolutely nothing to happen to you. I've even had legitimate invoices denied from US distributors only to be accepted on another account and even then the limits were strict.

You are experienced or maybe just have good luck, but please don't go running around telling people they can list whatever and as much as they want and their accounts will be totally fine.