eBay reinstated my account yesterday morning - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Suspensions & Reinstatement Talk

Suspensions & Reinstatement Talk VeRO, Seller Non Performance, Trademark misuse, 7-Day Suspension, MC999, New Account Limitations, Non-Payment, Abusing eBay and Whatever else eBay comes up with.

Old 11-28-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 83%
Default eBay reinstated my account yesterday morning

So......they finally decided to come around. However, I am terrified to so much as sign in, as they have bounced back and forth from suspending ALL linked accounts in this household.

How do I make sure I'm not linked to another person who used this computer that was suspended. It's sort of ridiculous. I was suspended for shill bidding (long story-was done due to item breaking & ebay not having option to cancel) and another roomie in my household went to use his account and was suspended for being linked to me. Same computer I guess?

So now my account is back on..but his is still suspended for a few more weeks. I'm afraid if I sign in it will pull some automatic PC tracking BS on me and just suspend me for being linked......and once again..the problem goes on. I don't want to chance it AT ALL. Any suggestions? I do not have the $$ to buy the stealth guide, as I have inventory sitting here and piling up due to eBay's nonsense.

Once I sell my inventory, I should have some $$ within a few days. But I can't sell it until I am sure I will not be suspended. Also, in the meantime, I'm thinking about setting up a backup account, as I have another bank account and phone number of my own anyway...never utilized it before. Ideas?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-28-2009

Longevity: 84%

Try using a different windows user account and set a password for it.
Old 11-28-2009
Threadstarter  

But won't they catch me by computer name, mac id, or ip? thx
plus, i gotta think how i can open my back up one and keep it sep.
from this one. bc if this one goes down, theyll link that and shut me down

i hate ebay with a passion, but unfortunately im in college and its my only
means to keeping myself off the street. really sucks
Old 11-28-2009

Longevity: 84%

You can change your ip each time you sign in and if your worried about your mac adress they have software that can hide that which I listed in a previous post.
Old 11-28-2009
Threadstarter  

Oh that's cool. Yeah my guy is looking up the mac stuff. He's pretty good with pcs..but this whole "avoiding ebay suspension" is something that has us terribly paranoid. we haven't lived penny by penny for a long time..and this month suspension really jacked us up. thanks a lot
Old 11-29-2009
Threadstarter  

BTW, apparently eBay tracks you by the MAC of your router! This is horrible. We've found a way around everything..but it seems as though they can get you with the MAC of your router.....? I see so many people on here that are making thousands of accounts..and I wonder if it's all from the same router. I have yet to sign back into my account.

I'm way too paranoid...& I feel like it will be suspended for some other stupid random reason within a week. I don't even like getting happy on that site. It's awful that they play a role in my biggest stress.
Old 11-29-2009
Banned

Longevity: 85%

LOL @ DEE All of your comments are really wierd. Do you work for ebay? Just to ask a question how about dial-up? There's no MAC to that. Sounds fishy I think you should do a search for Mac Addresses and routers.
Old 11-29-2009
Threadstarter  

Lmao..well I'm a really weird person. I wish I worked for eBay..I'd be reinstating accounts left and right and then quit. hahahah! jk

So everyone on here uses dial-up? That is the trick????? What sounds fishy? The Mac router thing? I dunno......I feel like eBay can get past anything..so I'm being super careful.
Old 12-27-2009

Longevity: 90%
Send a message via Yahoo to dan12909

have your friend call up ebay and get them to remove the linked account status as your account isnt suspended anymore. I did that with all of my other accounts so my primary account wouldnt get suspended again. but if he calls in to tell them the account he was linked to has been reinstated then you both will be ok again.