Selling Same Products from Banned Shop - Suspended Again - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Etsy Discussions

Etsy Discussions Etsy Forums. General discussions on Etsy, direct checkout, account suspensions, suspended, banned and more.

Old 10-14-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 22%
Default Selling Same Products from Banned Shop - Suspended Again

So I've figured out how to make a stealth shop. I can even pass the 1st sale review. But I still get suspended. This time 3 days after first sale. I am selling exactly the same print on demand products as my deactivated shop because I know that they work for me, and I suspect this is how Etsy is making the connection. But I've already taken many precautions and need some help figuring this out...

1. New images: I made entirely new mockups and used canva.com to edit some standard images that I use on every listing like the sizing chart and product features. I then wiped all metadata using batch purifier and copied these files into a new folder on a new VM. The only way they are still getting me with this is if the new images too closely resemble the old. For example I would shrink the original size guide, put a black border around the edges, change font. It's 30% new with data wiped. Maybe their AI is just that good and I need 100% new? Maybe it's able to extract the design from the mockup and compare in it's database?

2. Titles, descriptions, tags: I always make a new description with every attempt at creating new shop. But there is only so much you can change. Titles and tags have less room for change because the keywords are the keywords and that's that. But I'm told this doesn't matter anyways. It could be that my entire shop has products that closely resemble my old shop in titles. Maybe I need to mix in 50% new products? OR just make copies of listings with entirely new keywords, even if they are nonsense?

All other factors I have ruled out (ip,bank#,CC#,hardware, location etc.) it's all new and done properly.

Any ideas?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-14-2020

Longevity: 20%
Default Re: Selling Same Products from Banned Shop - Suspended Again

It may be happened because of the same pattern of the shops, I mean same products with similar tags and titles etc.. or maybe there was a problem with your VPN etc..
The Following User Says Thank You to Stinq For This Useful Post:
Rom Tittenhouse (10-18-2020)
Old 10-16-2020

Longevity: 36%

If youre selling the same item that got your real account banned then likely its the product you’re selling getting you banned again?
Old 10-16-2020
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,548 Times in 2,201 Posts
Activity: 53%
Longevity: 91%

Usually selling the same item when there are others selling it too won't get your accounts linked.

BUT if you're selling a high risk item , this will get your account banned on its own
The Following User Says Thank You to SaiJin For This Useful Post:
Catnjo (10-16-2020)
Old 10-16-2020
Threadstarter  

It's print on demand canvas. So there is going to be multiple sellers selling the same thing. Banksy prints for example are everywhere. There is an entire page of people selling the same print. I think print on demand is more risk in general but that hasn't stopped the thousands of shops on Etsy from doing it successfully.
Old 10-18-2020

Longevity: 36%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rom Tittenhouse View Post
It's print on demand canvas. So there is going to be multiple sellers selling the same thing. Banksy prints for example are everywhere. There is an entire page of people selling the same print. I think print on demand is more risk in general but that hasn't stopped the thousands of shops on Etsy from doing it successfully.
100% established accounts can get away with murder on etsy. A new stealth selling anything risky/copyright will have a short life.
Old 10-18-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by supplies View Post
100% established accounts can get away with murder on etsy. A new stealth selling anything risky/copyright will have a short life.
You're right. Because when I created my first account 4 years ago I had like 12 warnings about copyright until they finally shut me down 6 months ago. Other sellers are shocked when they hear I got so many warnings. They are accustomed to getting 3 or so. You have to build good standing with them so I think going forward I will make at least 50% new products with no potential for copyright infringement. There is just too much scrutiny for a new shop to sell 100% same things as the banned account I think.