eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Etsy Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/etsy-discussions/)
-   -   Delete Etsy Shop - will infringements follow? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/etsy-discussions/143153-delete-etsy-shop-will-infringements-follow.html)

astarael 04-23-2021 03:57 AM

Delete Etsy Shop - will infringements follow?

Hi everyone,

I would like to seek advice on whether to delete my real Etsy shop and start from scratch. I made a couple of newbie mistakes in POD journey, using wrong tags etc and my Etsy shop has currently received 3 legal notices to date. I have stopped working on my Etsy currently as it just takes so much time to work on my products, and I'm constantly on eggshells wondering if another mistake will mean the end of my Etsy shop and a complete waste of all my time and efforts.

I am seriously thinking about whether to just delete my Etsy account and shop completely, and make a fresh start from scratch as I now have better knowledge. I wonder if the legal notice count will follow onto a new shop? I would much rather close my Etsy shop myself than to receive a permanent suspension. Hoping that someone who has similar experiences will by chance see this post and provide some advice, thank you!:help:

muzzie 04-23-2021 07:10 AM

Re: Delete Etsy Shop - will infringements follow?

If you will create new shop with same details - it will be linked to your current shop, so no point in that.

zapx 04-23-2021 05:21 PM

Generally on the 7th IP infringement notice your store gets suspended. A second store opened (same details) starts fresh infringement wise, i.e the notices don't follow onto the new shop. Deactivating all the risky listings or even closing your first store and concentrating on your second is a viable strategy.

astarael 04-26-2021 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muzzie (Post 1150647)
If you will create new shop with same details - it will be linked to your current shop, so no point in that.

Thanks, but I mean to delete away my current entire shop and restart from scratch with my details again. I don't intend to keep both shops as Etsy definitely will link both anyway if both shops exists.

muzzie 04-26-2021 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by astarael (Post 1151005)
Thanks, but I mean to delete away my current entire shop and restart from scratch with my details again. I don't intend to keep both shops as Etsy definitely will link both anyway if both shops exists.

If details are the same, then all old shop problems will migrate to the new one.

astarael 04-26-2021 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zapx (Post 1150736)
Generally on the 7th IP infringement notice your store gets suspended. A second store opened (same details) starts fresh infringement wise, i.e the notices don't follow onto the new shop. Deactivating all the risky listings or even closing your first store and concentrating on your second is a viable strategy.

Yes, thanks! That's what I was thinking too. On some occasions when I checked on my Etsy store using Chrome, there was this message that alerted me that my shop had received 3 notices but this seemed kind of like a bug in the website actually rather than a real alert for the shop owner. I thought restarting a 2nd shop from scratch (and deleting my 1st shop entirely) would be better rather than receiving a permanent suspension.

astarael 04-26-2021 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muzzie (Post 1151006)
If details are the same, then all old shop problems will migrate to the new one.

Oh, are you speaking from experience? I was wondering about this and Etsy has a policy statement that all account information will be deleted after a limited period of time. But it could be different if someone has actually tried this way and it didn't work for them.

muzzie 04-26-2021 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by astarael (Post 1151008)
Oh, are you speaking from experience? I was wondering about this and Etsy has a policy statement that all account information will be deleted after a limited period of time. But it could be different if someone has actually tried this way and it didn't work for them.

They never delete you completely, otherwise they wont't be able to link closed accounts to new ones.

zapx 04-26-2021 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muzzie (Post 1151006)

At one time I had around a total of a dozen infringements across 3 stores, these were all linked. It wasn't till one of them hit no.7 that they all went down. If I had just closed that store on getting infringement no.6, the other 2 would still be going now.

So no, they don't add infringements to other linked stores.

Duab 04-26-2021 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zapx (Post 1151034)
At one time I had around a total of a dozen infringements across 3 stores, these were all linked. It wasn't till one of them hit no.7 that they all went down. If I had just closed that store on getting infringement no.6, the other 2 would still be going now.

I second to that

zapx 04-26-2021 04:38 PM

From what I've seen they don't link opened stores, not until after a store is suspended do they make the link which explains why they take several hours to find the other shops. So they certainly don't go tallying up infringements among them.

New stores are compared with the database of suspended stores though, that's a different story.

astarael 04-28-2021 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zapx (Post 1151034)

Thanks for sharing! Now I feel more confident in deleting and restarting from scratch. Was actually pondering this for a few months now because my current shop actually has a number of 5 star reviews but I really don't want to be on eggshells wondering when my shop will be gone after watching several Youtubers talk about their suspended Etsy shops. Your advice really helped! :thumb:

rsot 04-28-2021 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by astarael (Post 1151364)
Thanks for sharing! Now I feel more confident in deleting and restarting from scratch. Was actually pondering this for a few months now because my current shop actually has a number of 5 star reviews but I really don't want to be on eggshells wondering when my shop will be gone after watching several Youtubers talk about their suspended Etsy shops. Your advice really helped! :thumb:

Best of luck with the sales :)

zapx 04-28-2021 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by astarael (Post 1151364)

Et sy has changed, its a place of temporary business nothing more. Especially if you make real $$. Just the plodders can last for years and what's the point of that..

LuckyGuy99 04-28-2021 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zapx (Post 1151388)
Et sy has changed, its a place of temporary business nothing more. Especially if you make real $$. Just the plodders can last for years and what's the point of that..

Don't lose your hope. Just have a legal, copyright free product to sell and have a lot of backup shops. You can sell for years without any issue.

zapx 04-28-2021 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuckyGuy99 (Post 1151417)
Don't lose your hope. Just have a legal, copyright free product to sell and have a lot of backup shops. You can sell for years without any issue.

No hope lost here. Most my stores are legal, no copying. et sy just closed one of them out of the blue which has me stumped.

I wondered if legit users inputing their real details have trouble. Looking on et sy forums, they certainly do. Stores closed after a few minutes. Didn't like the look of legit bank, physical cc, real name & addresses LOL.

LuckyGuy99 04-28-2021 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zapx (Post 1151450)
No hope lost here. Most my stores are legal, no copying. et sy just closed one of them out of the blue which has me stumped.

I wondered if legit users inputing their real details have trouble. Looking on et sy forums, they certainly do. Stores closed after a few minutes. Didn't like the look of legit bank, physical cc, real name & addresses LOL.

If your suspended shop was selling legal products, then I would give it a few days before giving up. It looks like a glitch, some shops just suspended by bot and after a few days reinstated automatically.

zapx 04-28-2021 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuckyGuy99 (Post 1151453)
If your suspended shop was selling legal products, then I would give it a few days before giving up. It looks like a glitch, some shops just suspended by bot and after a few days reinstated automatically.

Been appealed, knocked back. I suspect the bot picked up on the old listings from previous suspended shop peppered through this one. Maybe 10% of listings. But, the final 10 or 12 sales were only those old listings, they were good sellers, the bot must be looking for that.

naveedx 04-28-2021 11:17 PM

It sucks... Etsy was my fav place to sell. On good months I was making 5k/month just selling cards and coins. Now I'm making nothing at all. It was a side gig anyway that managed to last a few years but man, it sucks to see all that income disappear overnight

astarael 04-29-2021 03:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zapx (Post 1151450)

I actually took 2 days to make my first Etsy shop with real information. The ones I made kept getting instantly suspended. Finally out of frustration I converted my old buyer's account (few years old) and it went ok. After that I received an email from Etsy reinstating one of the shops I tried to make earlier saying that it was an error. :doh:

astarael 04-29-2021 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuckyGuy99 (Post 1151417)

Do you mean having backup stealth shops? Or multiple Etsy shops with the same real information?

zapx 04-29-2021 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by astarael (Post 1151546)
Do you mean having backup stealth shops? Or multiple Etsy shops with the same real information?

He means multiple stealth shops, different info so not linked. I have a fair few.